Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Gisbelle's 2012 Top Reads

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I love reading YA and the sub-genre that I normally choose is contemporary romance.

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 07, 2012 08:21PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Read January 10, 2012
I chose this book because of the title. And who wouldn't? And it turned out to be an amazing book, so I can't complain. It is full of surprises.

message 3: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 07, 2012 11:12PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Read January 12, 2012
It's been months since I read this book, but it's still one of my most favorite books ever. I am not that into sporty characters, but this book is full of love, and friendship. Besides, I love the ending!

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala Read February 06, 2012
This book is so good! It's about hope, friendship and love. With a little bit of suspense that keeps you guess what is going to happen next.

message 5: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 07, 2012 08:12PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Her Best Friend's Brother  by T.J. Dell Read February 21, 2012
I am a sucker for romantic books. This is a swoon-worthy one. It's about childhood romance that doesn't fade with time. There are intimate scenes, so I wouldn't recommend reading it if you are not comfortable with mature content.

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Article 5 (Article 5, #1) by Kristen Simmons Read March 04, 2012
My very first Dystophian book! Well, it was great to try something new, don't you think? I enjoyed this book. It's about struggling and escaping from oppression. It's best for those don't like too much romance.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Read March 07, 2012
My absolute favorite!!! One of most exciting books I have ever read. Frankly, I love only book 1 & 2, book 3 is too bland for my taste.

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley Read March 08, 2012
Best for light reading. A fun book to read and full of romance that is going to make you shiver.

message 9: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 07, 2012 08:24PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara Webber Read March 19, 2012
There are 3 books in this series and all are equally good (well, book 3 is a bit cheesy and predictable). The main characters are actors and actresses, and most it's dealing with making decisions in life.

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Read April 12, 2012
You have to read it to witness the awesomeness of this book. It's about cancer survivors and losing someone important in life.

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma Read April 19, 2012
A tale of forbidden love. It's a bout a brother and a sister falling in love with one another. It's heartbreaking and I had to skip some parts because it was a bit too much for me.

message 12: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 07, 2012 11:00PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Fair Coin (Coin, #1) by E.C. Myers Read April 28, 2012
This is a sci-fi fantasy book. It's about a boy who had found a coin that grant wishes or so he thought. I love this book and everything about it.

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle Read May 15, 2012
A modern day tale of Romeo and Juliet where you learn the story from Rosaline's POV. When You Were Mine is a story about friendship, love, family issues and betrayal. I really love, love, love this book.

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Easy by Tammara Webber Read May 29, 2012
A book written by my favorite author Tammara Webber (read all her books and they are all awesome). It's so beautiful and I am falling for Lucas. It's about the victim of an assault.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Almost by Anne Eliot Read June 20, 2012
Just like Easy, this book is about victim of an assault trying to get over it. I chose it because it has pretty cover (yeah, that's right. I am that shallow) and the synopsis.

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Winter Longing by Tricia Mills Read June 21, 2012
I've had this book for so long that I almost forgot I have it. Anyway, it is so good and I finished it in one sitting. It's about Winter, the protagonist, coping with the loss and heartbreak after her boyfriend died.

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor Read June 24, 2012
Isn't the cover pretty? The storyline itself is also written beautifully. It is about dealing with disability and there are so much love and many surprises. Didn't I mention that it's a tearjerker as well?

message 18: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 08, 2012 06:06PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel Read June 25, 2012
It is a very short book about cancer. It introduces me to now-one-of-my-favorite-authors Lurlene McDaniel. It made me cry so hard that I had to put it down to get myself together.

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Read June 27, 2012
Read it for a buddy read. And I am glad I did that buddy read otherwise I don't think I will give this book a try. It is not the type of books I normally read. That's the great outcome of buddy read, it makes your go outside your comfort zone. Anyway, it is a paranormal romance with a incredibly HOT alien.

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult Read July 02, 2012
A fantasy book where the character in a fairytale book is trying to escape into real world. I love how the book is written. The story is divided into three parts, one told from Delilah's POV, another from Oliver's and the other is the fairytale story that Oliver is in.

message 21: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 08, 2012 06:15PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Just Flirt by Laura Bowers Read July 15, 2012
A fun book! It's about friendship, family drama and yeah... boys.

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Read July 21, 2012
I was hooked since page one. I felt the joy, the love that this book is about. I love how true (or at least close) to real life this book is. How it opens our eyes to the possibility in the future and the risks we are willing to take, the sacrifice we are willing to make for the one we truly love.

message 23: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! Great list Gisbelle!

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks. I have more to post, though. You should make one yourself, so i can snoop around yours :D

message 25: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I definitely will sometime!
But I don't know what dates I finished them! Oh well........

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments If not, just post the book and say something about it :)

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry Read August 11, 2012
This book is way beyond awesome. I love the suspense and the chemistry between Noah and Echo. It's a beautiful and heartbreaking love story.

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Don't Let Me Go by J.H. Trumble Read August 18, 2012
This is my very first GLBT. I don't have anything against being gay, just I did't normally read about them. Because of the requirement of a challenge, I chose to read this one. It's an M/M romance and it is so good. Very better than some straight romance.The relationship between Adam and Nate is so full of love that it's kinda make me feel so jealous of them.

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins Read September 04, 2012
All I can say is I cannot wait for book 2. Kaidan is scorching hot! I haven't read many fallen angels books, but this one is so cool.

message 30: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 09, 2012 06:57PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel Read September 07, 2012
I wish I met someone just like Luke, not the dying part. He is so, so, so sweet.

message 31: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 14, 2012 02:54AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer Read September 14, 2012
A fun book to read after a long day at school/work. A typical high school romance... that was what I thought before reading. It turned out to be more than just a silly love story.

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1) by Tara A. Fuller Read September 16, 2012
I love this book. It is about the relationship between a reaper and a normal girl.

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang Read September 29, 2012
This book is just fantastic. Love the original idea. And the pace is also nice.

message 34: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I'm so excited to read this!

message 35: by Maya (new)

Maya | 8 comments Gisbelle wrote: "The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Read April 12, 2012
You have to read it to witness the awesomeness of this book. It's about cancer survivors and losing someone important in life."

YES! I absolutely fell in love with this book and gave it 5 stars. I became a John Green fan because of The Fault In Our Stars and, it's just a really beautifully written book that I highly recommend.

message 36: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "I'm so excited to read this!"

you'll love it, Jacquelyn. It's unpredictable and I like that. I am looking forward to next book. There is not much romance in book 1, so I hope to see more spark in book 2 :D

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

message 39: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody Read October 27, 2012
This book is just unbelievably good. It is fun, unpredictable and well, just amazing.

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Read November 01, 2012
Oh boy! This book is just breathtaking.