Lovers of Paranormal discussion

The Handler (Mindjack Origins, #2)
This topic is about The Handler
ARCHIVED R2R's > R2R {52} The Handler- Short- OPEN

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (last edited Oct 02, 2012 08:30AM) (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Please read the Rules and Information before signing up for a review. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9....

Reminder- You can only have two R2R books at a time.

Title: The Handler- Short (30pgs)
Author: Susan Quinn
Genre: PN, Sci-fi

Synopsis -

*Note this is the 2nd book in an "Orgins" series of shorts..(see order info below)

It's time for Julian Navarro to fulfill the mission left to him by his dead parents: to spark a revolution that would allow mindjackers to live freely in a mindreading world. While his ability allows him to mentally control the instincts of others, Julian wants to win jackers to his cause with words, not weapons. But when his first recruit has a secret--and bloody--history, Julian has to decide how far he'll go to ensure his revolution isn't snuffed out before it starts.

The Handler is a short novella (9,000 words or 30 pages) in the Mindjack Origins series, which are companion stories to the bestselling Mindjack Trilogy. The Handler is Julian's story and takes place in the time period between Open Minds and Closed Hearts. It contains (minor) spoilers for those two novels.

Mindjack Trilogy (novels): Open Minds, Closed Hearts, Free Souls
Mindjack Origins (shorts): Mind Games, The Handler, The Scribe

Recommended Reading Order
Mind Games
Open Minds
Closed Hearts
The Handler
The Scribe
Free Souls - coming soon

For more information, see MindjackTrilogy.com

The first 15 people to sign up below leaving their email address will receive a free gift copy of this e-book from Smashwords for review.

Reviewers
1 Maria 9/24 4*
2 Debbie 9/24 5*
3 Flor 10/3
4 Angie 10/4

*Note you have two weeks to read and review. Please post your review on Goodreads, Amazon and post a link to this thread in the comments section.

Michele (Chelemybelle)
R2R Program Mod
Lovers of Paranormal
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Debbie | 9 comments debmoore20@gmail.com

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Debbie wrote: "debmoore20@gmail.com"

Just sent to you :)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 2 comments Maria Mallon. mariamallon@btinternet.com

Debbie | 9 comments I haven't read any of the books in this series. The Handler gives me some insight into the series. I would be very interesting in reading this series. I think each of the characters have quite a bit of depth that would be nice to explore in the series. I really want to know more about Kira Moore.

message 6: by Flor (new)

Flor Martinez | 1 comments F.martinez039@gmail.com

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 2 comments I really enjoyed reading The Handler. I liked the style of writing which was clear and concise and didn't get in the way of the story. The pace of the story felt just about right as well.
This is the only book of the series I have read but it was clear the series took place in the future where human brains had developed and people had skills of mind reading and control. The central characters Julian and Anna were well drawn and the friction and closeness of the brother/sister relationship was clearly shown. I especially liked the use of colour in describing the state of people's minds and moods.
This brief taster was a good introduction and I would happily read more of the series.

message 8: by A. Cook (new)

A. Cook (angiecook) Count me in. anjeacook@outlook.com

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Angie wrote: "Count me in. anjeacook@outlook.com"

Flor wrote: "F.martinez039@gmail.com"

Checking on you..would you mind posting a review to Amazon on well please when your done :)

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Debbie wrote: "I haven't read any of the books in this series. The Handler gives me some insight into the series. I would be very interesting in reading this series. I think each of the characters have quite a bi..."

Debbie would you mind posting this to Amazon by any chance? It's always helpful to the author.

message 11: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Maria wrote: "I really enjoyed reading The Handler. I liked the style of writing which was clear and concise and didn't get in the way of the story. The pace of the story felt just about right as well.
This is ..."

Hey Maria, would you mind putting a copy of this on Amazon for the author? It is helpful for them to have reviews on there :)