The Mysterious Howling (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #1) The Mysterious Howling discussion

Like OR Dislike?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Audrey Klosterman well the topic really says it all. did you like this book or not?

Rebecca loved it!

Jennifer Loved it. :) I read all three and I'm waiting impatiently for the next one!

Miranda <3 <3 looooooove this book

Audrey Klosterman Jennifer wrote: "Loved it. :) I read all three and I'm waiting impatiently for the next one!"

I've only read the first one and didn't get to finish the second. Is the 3rd good?

Rachel Loved all three! Listened to book one and three on CD and they were excellently done!Each one gets better in my opinion :)

Katie Cota Audrey wrote: "well the topic really says it all. did you like this book or not?"

Ofcourse!!!

brandi I'm struggling. I'm struggling hard. I read the first three. Really, the question of where these children come from and how they are related to Miss Lumley, was my driving factor. I really want the answer to that. I pre-ordered the fourth and it's sitting on my kindle but I'm working my way back through the first three to make sure I remember what's going on. I don't know if I like it or not. And I hate that I feel tricked into buying more books that I don't "love" just to get to an "answer". I have a hard time relating to Miss Lumley. I really dislike the constant comparisons to things in our own time frame, it takes me way out of the time and place the book is occurring in. The narrator kind of feels... condescending? I'm not sure if that's the right word. But it sounds as if Miss Charlotte Mortimer is telling us this story with a cheery but stern voice and feels we are too young to understand what's going on?

I don't know. I just hope the ending is spectacular. Too many more books before I start getting real answers though, and I'm sure I won't finish the series.

katie My brother liked it, but I could never really get into it. I always read in my bed until I fall asleep, and I'm sad to say that I fell asleep fast. It wasn't bad, just not really exciting. I guess it just depends on the type of books you like.

Glauber Ribeiro Liking, but thinking 6 books is too many... the story is being stretched too thin. People who liked A Series of Unfortunate Events will probably like this series too, because the humor is similar, very whimsy and literary.

The author is active on Twitter, and very approachable.

I regret the change of illustrator on book 4. The first 3 books are /much/ better illustrated than the 4th.

And then, there's Agatha Swanburne, in my humbug opinion, one of the best literary inventions of the century.

Awhooooo!

Daniela brandi wrote: "I'm struggling. I'm struggling hard. I read the first three. Really, the question of where these children come from and how they are related to Miss Lumley, was my driving factor. I really want the..."

exactly what I was thinking!

Tam Lynn I love love love this series and can't wait for the next book!

brandi Daniela wrote: "exactly what I was thinking!"

I gave up after reading the 4th Daniela. I have officially stopped caring what happens to these children.

message 15: by Vanessa (last edited Apr 23, 2020 06:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vanessa Dargain brandi wrote: "I'm struggling. I'm struggling hard. I read the first three. Really, the question of where these children come from and how they are related to Miss Lumley, was my driving factor. I really want the..."

This story didn't work for either , but I thought the rhetoric was good .