The Last Thing I Remember (The Homelanders, #1) The Last Thing I Remember discussion

Movie!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Mojoboy31 They're making a movie out of this series! It'll be written by Gough and Millar from Smallville, and produced by Boneventura (not sure if that's spelled correctly) from Transformers!

I am beyond excited!

MizziQ OMG!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved Smallville too so it'll be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mojoboy31 @MizziQ, oh, yeah, my thoughts exactly!

Aerykah Awesome!! I would definitely watch that! :D

Rachel Scheidt Love this news:)

Mojoboy31 I wonder who they'll cast...

Elli Jensen yeah, i don;t really like the guys on the covers for these books so they better get someone good looking. :p

Mikala Really? Awesome! I hope it makes it all the way to the big screen, not get stuck in post-production or something. I will totally go see it, it would be one freaking epic movie!

Mojoboy31 @Kay, yeah, I'll midnight premiere it when it comes out.

Daniel Where did you hear about it??? Please share where you got this. I really want to see the movie so, so, so bad.

Sharon Dunn I homeschooled my son for eighth grade. He is not a reader, but he liked this homelander series. He is now in the ninth grade and doing really great. This series is a good one for teen boys. Andrew Klavin is one of those authros who has come out of the closet as a conservative. So cool that they are going to make this into a movie.

Mojoboy31 @Daniel... I heard about it from Andrew Klavan's facebook page.

Daniel I'm SOOO excited!!!!! Its one of my most fav. contemporary series.

message 14: by Daniel (last edited Dec 01, 2012 07:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel I'm seriously thinking about going to the Midnight Premier.
I'm going to try to spread this series to all my friends. NONE of them have heard of it and I need to start moving!!!

Emily Ann sounds so cool!!! unless they ruin it hope not

Mojoboy31 @Emily. If the writers are still Gough, and Millar, I don't think they'll ruin it. They did a great job adapting seventy years of Superman comics, and some very popular movies into Smallville, and they did a great job adapting "I Am Number Four" into a movie, imho...

I think they know how to respect the source material to come up with something great. And Bonaventura is awesome. I've loved everything that I've seen his name attached to. Transformers, and Red are both some of my favorite movies.

Though, I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see all the "Christian, and Conservative influence" removed, which could easily "ruin it", but I'm betting that even if they remove those aspects, it will still be an entertaining movie.

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Emily. If the writers are still Gough, and Millar, I don't think they'll ruin it. They did a great job adapting seventy years of Superman comics, and some very popular movies into Smallville, and ..."

I agree with you though it would almost certainly ruin the story if they took out the Christian elements...

Mojoboy31 It will still be about a kid who wakes up in the middle of room after being tortured, and his struggle to to escape, and get to the bottom of the mystery, and evade authorities, and survive the bad guys, and, and, and... There's too many good things about the story. That's why Andrew Klavan is one of my all-time favorites.

His stories are still excellent, even if you removed the Christian influences. His books aren't exciting, and thought provoking, just because they are written from a Christian perspective.

Aerykah I don't know that I would watch the movie if they took out the Christian elements... It could probably still be decently good, but they shouldn't have to take out the Christianity in order to make it a movie. Charlie's beliefs really influenced the story.

Emily Ann I agree

but it would still make a good movie probably.

Daniel I agree.

Merry Christmas!

Emily Ann Merry Christmas

notyourfriend Daniel wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "It will still be about a kid who wakes up in the middle of room after being tortured, and his struggle to to escape, and get to the bottom of the mystery, and evade authorities, a..."

Well, they can make the movie like how they made the Narnia movies... Like, hidden message type of thing...

Mojoboy31 @Paigetwo,

Yes! Absolutely!

Daniel Aerykah wrote: "I don't know that I would watch the movie if they took out the Christian elements... It could probably still be decently good, but they shouldn't have to take out the Christianity in order to make..."

I probably will go see it any way. But I agree with you. The heart of the Character and the story is Christian. And it would take the heart out of the story.

message 26: by Daniel (last edited Feb 21, 2013 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel Paigetwo wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "It will still be about a kid who wakes up in the middle of room after being tortured, and his struggle to to escape, and get to the bottom of the mystery, and evade..."

I don't know how they could make the moral message a allegory in Homelander movies. Narnia was written very symbolically. The Homelander series was written with obvious Christian over tones. They would practically have to rewrite the whole story to do so.
Which would ruin it.
Maybe...

Daniel Emily Ann wrote: "I agree

but it would still make a good movie probably."

Agreed.

Daniel Aerykah wrote: "I don't know that I would watch the movie if they took out the Christian elements... It could probably still be decently good, but they shouldn't have to take out the Christianity in order to make..."

True, but the Christian perspective is the soul of the character Charlie and if they took that out he wouldn't be the same. But I'm sure it will be an amazing film either way. But if they took it out, the action would be the same and even the story would be the same but the soul of the story and the emotional tention would be all but gone.

notyourfriend Daniel wrote: "Paigetwo wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "It will still be about a kid who wakes up in the middle of room after being tortured, and his struggle to to escape, and get to the bottom of the m..."

They should just make the movie exactly like the book! Why is it that its "bad" to make Christian movies big while there are so many other movies out there that are awful?!

Hollz OMG!!!! well if they are really making a movie does anyone know like WHEN exactly?!! because now that i heard about this..... i am not just going wait for like another YEAR for it to come out!!!! i DEFINITLY think Alex Pettyfer whould do so AWESOME as Charlie! does anyone agree?

Daniel Hollz wrote: "OMG!!!! well if they are really making a movie does anyone know like WHEN exactly?!! because now that i heard about this..... i am not just going wait for like another YEAR for it to come out!!!! i..."

I could see Alex as Charlie. But We'll see. You never know. They might pick someone EVEN better (which is hard to believe).

Hollz are they SERIOUSLY going to make the movie?? because I have not heard anything about it. but! if they do.... NO ONE is better then Alex pettyfer

Daniel Here is a link from ANDREW KLAVAN.com

This where I heard it: http://www.andrewklavan.com/2012/11/2...

Hollz @ daniel:
ok....thanks!!:-) have you read crazy dangerous?

Mojoboy31 @Hollz,

Crazy Dangerous is AWESOME!!!

Hollz well I wanted to read that but it sounded a little..... iffy.... if that's a word. so ya, if you know what I mean

Mojoboy31 It does sound a bit "iffy" =P lol. But it is really good. It was so good that I even wrote a review for it, which I'd only ever done once before that book.

Hollz well you see I would DEFINITLY read it.... but if my mom read the back she might be like " umm... I don't think so Holly." and that's fine, because my mom is very wise..... but I mean I still DO want to read it though.!!:)

Mojoboy31 I see, yeah... The girl's psychotic "episodes" can be a bit disturbing.

Hollz ya. but ya know eventually I will read it..... but I don't care to much about it. right now I am reading the chop chop series.... IT'S AMAZING!! have you heard of it?

message 41: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Abernathy Hollz wrote: "are they SERIOUSLY going to make the movie?? because I have not heard anything about it. but! if they do.... NO ONE is better then Alex pettyfer"

hmm well sometimes it's nice if they get a totally unknown person who has never been in anything big like this--'cause that way they can have a chance, too, and they might have real talent! :)

Hollz well as long as its a good looking guy. Hehe:)

Daniel Hollz wrote: "well as long as its a good looking guy. Hehe:)"

Hmmm, girls...

Hollz exuse me!! Haha:) but hey do you want a ugly guy!

Mojoboy31 @Hollz,

Never heard of the Chop Chop series.

@Ann,

I agree, I think it would be cool if they used a noname actor.

@Daniel,

You throwin' stones? Gonna tell us that you don't hope the actress for Beth is super hot?... Hmmm?

Hollz BAHAHA!! ya DANIEL don't be saying " hmmm... girls " who do YOU want to be Beth?! :P

notyourfriend AHH! I loved Crazy Dangerous! That should be a movie too!

Mojoboy31 @Paigetwo,

YES!!! Crazy Dangerous should absolutely be a movie!

Hollz what is it even about?!!

Mojoboy31 Sam Hopkins is a good kid who has fallen in with the wrong crowd. Hanging around with car thieves and thugs, Sam knows it's only a matter of time before he makes one bad decision too many and gets into real trouble.

But one day, Sam sees these friends harassing an eccentric schoolmate named Jennifer. Finding the courage to face the bullies down, Sam loses a bad set of friends and acquires a very strange new one.

Jennifer is not just eccentric. To Sam, she seems downright crazy. She has terrifying hallucinations involving demons, the devil, and death. And here's the "really "crazy part: Sam is beginning to suspect that these visions may actually be prophecies--prophecies of something terrible that's going to happen very soon. Unless he can stop it.

With no one to believe him, with no one to help him, Sam is all alone in a race against time. Finding the truth before disaster strikes is going to be both crazy and very, very dangerous.

« previous 1