Q&A with Laurie R. King discussion

Writing Russell & Holmes

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (LaurieRKing) | 103 comments Mod
Eric wrote: With so many other writers tackling Sherlock Holmes what made you feel you can succeed at producing a top quality Holmes story?

message 2: by Laurie (new)

Jacqueline wrote: I've always been curious, did you plan on the marriage of Russell and Holmes or did that particular plot point sneak up on you?

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Jane wrote: did you hesitate to write a novel based on an existing character? (I imagine you're glad you did, as are we all.)

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Paul wrote: Which is your favorite of the original Sherlock Holmes stories and why?

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Bethany wrote: Was the romantic relationship between Holmes and Russell planned? Or did the characters just take on a life of their own in the matter?

message 6: by Laurie (new)

For the romance side of this thread, I'd suggest you wander over to the thread titled "The Russell Holmes relationship" since I've been talking about that over there.

As for first deciding to incorporate such a character as Holmes into the stories, if I'd stopped to think about it, I'd probably not have had the temerity to continue. But by the time I realized what nerve it took, the deed was done.

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) And we are all grateful. May I note in this context that I tried to read the original ACD stories yet again after first encountering "Beekeeper's Apprentice" and STILL could not get through them. I found them so dull by comparison.....