Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers and Readers discussion

Authors Advertising/Hello's > Fantasy: The Crown Conspiracy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (last edited Feb 22, 2009 08:35AM) (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 5 comments Title: The Crown Conspiracy
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
ISBN: ISBN: 978-0980003437 / 0980003431
Genre: Fantasy
Published: Aspirations Media Inc (October 2008)

ABOUT THE BOOK
Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater make a profitable living carrying out dangerous assignments for conspiring nobles until they become the unwitting scapegoats in a plot to murder the king. Sentenced to death, they have only one way out…and so begins this epic tale of treachery and adventure, sword fighting and magic, myth and legend. The writing style focuses on characters and plot rather than verbose world building. This first book of the Riyria Revelations is a heroic adventure written for adult readers yet suitable for those 13 and older.

AWARDS
2008 ReaderViews Literary Award Finalist
2008 Fantasy Book Critic Notable Indie
2007 Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Finalist for Fantasy
2008 Adventure Writers Competition, 5th place

SAMPLE REVIEWS
"The Crown Conspiracy is right up my alley, traditional fantasy, "good" bad guys, a large dose of humor, lots of character development and plenty of surprises."Fantasy Debut

"Michael J. Sullivan has written a book I will read over and over again and it most definitely will always reside on my favorite’s shelf."ReaderViews

"There is so many layers to this story that to explain it in a few words is nigh impossible."Front Street Reviews

"The Crown Conspiracy is great fun and a romp end to end...Highly recommended and another positive surprise for 2008.Fantasy Book Critic

"A fast paced and riveting fantasy, "The Crown Conspiracy" is well worth reading." Midwest Book Review

"From the first chapter to the last, the plot twisted and turned in unexpected directions. It takes a great writer to weave a tale that surprises me, that keeps me in suspense, that keeps me reading late into the night and Michael J. Sullivan is a great writer."Dee Marie, author: The Sons of Avalon

"The Crown Conspiracy was a page turning delight. Each character was intricately constructed so that an air of realism surrounded them. The twists and turns of the novel freed it from predictability and that in itself is refreshing these days. Sullivan is a master story teller"Violette L. Reid, author: The First Chronicle of Zayashariya: Out of Night

"It's hard to believe that the Crown Conspiracy is Michael J. Sullivan's first novel. He writes with the confidence, the skill, and the sophistication of a seasoned veteran. He has created a story that works on many levels: an epic adventure, a medieval mystery, a fantasy, and a coming -of-age tale."Susan McLeod, author: Soul and Shadow

ABOUT THE SERIES
Instead of a string of sequels, The Riyria Revelations is a six-book fantasy series conceived as a single epic tale divided into individual episodes. All were written before the first was released so that plot elements are intertwined, yet each is self-contained and can be read independently from each other. With this series you will not be held hostage to read the next one--you will simply want to. Coming in April 2009, the second book entitled Avempartha is available for pre-order now from Amazon.com.

The Crown Conspiracy Cover

To see all the reviews Click here

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) Hi, Robin! :)

As you can see, this group isn't much like TNBBC but I try. Welcome to the group!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 5 comments Howdy Saved by Grace - LOL - TNBBC - rocks - but it has a much broader audience too.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) True. :)

Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers and Readers

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)