Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

Legend of the Dead

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (last edited Nov 12, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Three hundred fifty-eight years ago on this day, September 7, twenty-three Jewish refugees rowed ashore to Manhattan Island...Read their story in Legend of the Dead, available on Amazon's kindle for $2.99.

Legend of the Dead by Patricia O'Sullivan

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-of-the-D...

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments L'Shana Tova to my Jewish friends. May you and your family be healthy, happy, and prosperous in 5773.

message 3: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 67 comments Happy New year to you, too, Patricia! THANKS FOR THE CARD! I shared it with the group. It was so sweet of you to send it! I will let the group know about your new book! Need reviewers?
THANKS AGAIN! WE still talk about you as we loved our skype discussion and all that we learned from you! You were such a delight. We hope that you will get on the Jewish Book Group circuit!! Go for it!
S

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Shira wrote: "Happy New year to you, too, Patricia! THANKS FOR THE CARD! I shared it with the group. It was so sweet of you to send it! I will let the group know about your new book! Need reviewers?
THANKS ..."

Shira, I hope you and your family had a great holiday. I'd love reviews. Maybe we can skype again sometime also. Legend is a little less exclusively focused on Judaism even though the main characters are Jewish. It is more a story about identity and the attempts of various peoples to dominate the land of New York and New England in the latter half of the 17th century.

message 5: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 67 comments Is the book in paperback?

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Not yet. I'm looking into it though.

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments I created a new cover image for Legend of the Dead on the suggestion of a FB group that found the photo of He-Who-Shoots-the-Stars not historical enough. Do you think this is an improvement, a lateral move, or worse than the previous image (see first post in this thread for the previous image)? Here is the new cover:

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Another cover - the verdict from readers was that the new cover was good, but not quite professional enough to grab attention.

I hired graphic artist, Jenny Quinlan, of Historical Editorial, and she created this new cover for Legend of the Dead.

She also created a new cover for Hope of Israel and for my two forthcoming historical fiction novels, A Notable Occupation and Merrimack. To see the new covers, go to legendofthedead.blogspot.com

message 9: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (Angelica221) | 2 comments Story sounds really interesting. I can't wait to read it!!

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Petunia, I'm giving away free kindle copies to interested readers this week. If you'd like one, send me an email at pluceyo@gmail.com.

message 11: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Oser | 30 comments Your new cover for Legend of the Dead looks great. I've emailed you, too. Looking forward to reading it.

message 12: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 67 comments Hi Patricia, My husband couldn't figure out how to use gift certificate, so we spent the money and downloaded the book. Am really looking forward to reading it!

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Shira wrote: "Hi Patricia, My husband couldn't figure out how to use gift certificate, so we spent the money and downloaded the book. Am really looking forward to reading it!"

Shira, I'm sorry. I should have included instructions for you on how to move the download to your kindle. Thank you for downloading it again.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I am an Amazon Prime member and was able to borrow the book for free. Thanks for the recommendation. I am looking forward to reading this book!

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia O'Sullivan | 53 comments Eva wrote: "I am an Amazon Prime member and was able to borrow the book for free. Thanks for the recommendation. I am looking forward to reading this book!"

Thank you, Eva. I hope you enjoy it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you finish reading it.