Sons of Avalon discussion

Sons of Avalon > Stonehenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Oh my gosh!! I just learned that the pic for this group is Stonehenge. We are "touring" Europe in our classroom. It is so cool!!

message 2: by Jade (new)

Jade Stonehenge is so beautiful!!!! Good pic!!

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 194 comments Mod
Hi Jade,

As I mentioned in previous posts, I received special permission to walk inside the inner ring. The general public is no longer allowed inside due to the vandalism by a few idiots.

The stones are amazing, and radiate a mystical quality when touched. Yes, the “keepers” of the stones do allow for touching. Just no climbing on the fallen stones.

The description of Stonehenge in SOA is very real in regards to the look and feel of the structure. Also, there really are ancient burial mounds surrounding Stonehenge.

The image that you are referring to is one of the photographs that I shot on my visit.

message 4: by Jade (new)

Jade Wow, that is amazing! Going to stonehenge would be so cool!

I want to go to Europe and visit all those places so bad!!!

message 5: by Dee (new)

I would go again in a heartbeat. When I set foot on the Tintagel soil, I felt that I had come home :]

message 6: by Jade (new)

Jade That is so cool. I bet it is even more beautiful when you see it for yourself!

message 7: by Dee (new)

England is an amazing place. It feels like you are stepping back in time. Even the people have that old-world charm about them.

Especially the people of Cornwall.

message 8: by Jade (new)

Jade Wow, it must be amazing! When/if I go to Europe, I will be sure to check out Stonehenge, the Blarney Stone, The Parlimentary Building, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and lots more!!

message 9: by Dee (new)

Oh, and don't forget to go to Bath...what a beautiful city, and the ancient Roman Bath's are amazing. Plus that is the town that Meleagant's father was king of.

message 10: by Jade (new)

Jade oh ya, forgot to put that one in!!! lol