Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Updates & Discussion tabs STILL

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindig (last edited Sep 06, 2012 01:29PM) (new)

Lindig | 106 comments I've been mentioning this off and on for a year or so. And it's still happening (even though it didn't before). When I'm on Home page, I'm reading Updates, say, and then click on Discussions. If I then click on one of the discussion topics to read further, get through, and click the Browser Go Back button, it goes back to Updates. I then have to click on Discussions again and find my place again to continue. It works the same vice versa, too.

I don't think it's my browser (Firefox); I accept cookies. So what's the problem?

message 2: by Yossarian (new)

Yossarian (PolymathicMonkey) | 178 comments It's because it's still the same page, just a different view of it (essentially). So when you go "back," it goes back to the homepage.

message 3: by Lindig (new)

Lindig | 106 comments I understand what you're saying, but why doesn't it happen at any other site on the web? They all go back to exactly where I was. It just makes GR an annoyance to use so I frequently don't go past the titles to read more because it's a pain to get back. Thanks for all your replies.

message 4: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Sep 07, 2012 06:52AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) The Updates tab is an annoyance to use, as is the Books Discussion tab.

message 5: by Yossarian (new)

Yossarian (PolymathicMonkey) | 178 comments Lindig, it happens anywhere else on the web that has a page set up in the same sort of manner that GR has for that section. It's difficult to explain if you're not familiar with how programming/HTML works, but there's a reason it acts that way. I personally don't use that, so it's not an issue for me.

message 6: by Lindig (new)

Lindig | 106 comments The thing is that GR didn't used to do that until about a year ago. I immediately posted about it but all I heard was that it must be my cookies/cache/browser so I let it go. I guess I'll just keep on being annoyed, but it's so annoying.

Thanks all.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Lindig wrote: "The thing is that GR didn't used to do that until about a year ago. I immediately posted about it but all I heard was that it must be my cookies/cache/browser so I let it go. I guess I'll just keep..."

It was that way from the very beginning, as I recall. I, too asked about it, but since I don't use the home page tabs other than groups discussion, I no longer pay attention to it.

message 8: by Lindig (new)

Lindig | 106 comments Well, I use both tabs. I like to keep up with friends' reading and with my groups. Other than that, I don't wander around the site much. I'll just heave a big sigh and cope.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Lindig wrote: "Well, I use both tabs. I like to keep up with friends' reading and with my groups. Other than that, I don't wander around the site much. I'll just heave a big sigh and cope."

I like to keep up with my friends reading, too. That's why I get the daily digest of my friends. Using the Updates Tab it's too difficult to keep track of those.