Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Authors' Promo/Blogs/Booksites > GIVEAWAY: The Promise

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Worth (KateWorth) | 5 comments My debut novel, The Promise, was released in June. It is a suspenseful historical romance set in Victorian London. I am giving away five signed copies this month on Goodreads. Just visit http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15... and scroll down to “Win a Copy of This Book” and click on the entry tab.

Here's the plot description...
When pastry chef Jane Gray tries to sell a locket to an upscale Victorian boutique, she becomes the unlikely subject of a massive police hunt and fodder for London’s salacious tabloid press; secrets unravel, lies are exposed, and Jane finds the last thing she expected… love.

Jane works tirelessly to provide a good life for her adopted daughter Pip, but her peaceful, predictable existence is shattered when the Duke of Rutledge demands custody of his niece. Charming and handsome, the duke’s younger brother Finn spends his leisure time between the sheets of London’s most beautiful, wanton women. The seasoned rake is perplexed by his growing attraction to demure, virtuous Jane… definitely not his usual type.

If she were any other woman, he would simply make her his mistress. Instead, he is forced to consider more honorable means of achieving his desires. While eagerly plotting her submission, he fabricates excuses to spend time with her. It soon becomes evident there’s more to Jane than meets the eye, and Finn longs to possess the passionate, sensual woman hidden beneath her modest facade.

When a scandal rag threatens to print false stories about the duke and his “love child,” Finn offers marriage under the guise of protection, but his true motives are less altruistic. Jane’s marriage draws the attention of a madman from her past. When his beloved wife is threatened, Finn enters London’s dangerous underworld in a heart-stopping race to save the woman and child who have become his whole world.

REVIEW
Goodreads reader/reviewer Karen R. wrote:
Not since Outlander have I so enjoyed a historical romance. This is Kate Worth’s first novel and she is a great storyteller. A lot of thought went into weaving historical detail into this novel by Kate, a former journalist. The plot is engaging, a love story not soon forgotten and was hard for me to put down. It is full of adventure and passion. I loved the way that the handsome Lord Finn and the feisty Lady Jane’s love evolved or as in Finn’s own words, become “as essential as oxygen”. Sigh... I hope this is just the start of an epic historical love story.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 21896 comments Thank, Kate. Love the cover.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Worth (KateWorth) | 5 comments Thank you, Lisa! :)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14299 comments thanks. trying to type on my kindle since PC leasing up on me.