The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP Fall 2012 > 25.7 - Kate S's task: Fun Fall Activities

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Sep 12, 2012 06:24PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (KristinaSimon) | 8938 comments Mod
25.7 - Kate S's task: Fun Fall Activities
I have a fun fall planned! Join me by reading one book from two of my activities listed below.

The National Bookfest: I have attended the last three of these and have found I enjoy the experience much more when I have recently read work by the authors.
Read a book written by an author coming to the Bookfest this year (Please be aware of SRC rules regarding children's books, page requirements, and early reader restrictions)

Fantasy Football: It may not be as physical as the real thing, but it is a lot of fun. Read a book with "fantasy" genre on the main page.

The World Series: Each one is different, read book #1 from a new to you series. The book must be identified as (Series title, #1) on Goodreads.

My Wedding Anniversary: I am celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary, the traditional gift for which is steel or pearls and morning glories are the flower. Read a book with one of the following words in the title or subtitle: "steel", "morning", "glory", "pearl" or "eleven". All variations are fine (as creative gifts are always accepted and appreciated).

Election Day: Those horrible commecials will finally be over! Read a biography, autobiography, or memoir of an elected official (of any country) or a non-fiction book about the democratic process.

Black Friday: Splurge and buy yourself a new book before "the season of giving" begins. This does not need to be a book published in 2012, however, it should be one you've purchased since September 1st and one you have not read before.

Required: State which options you chose when you post.

message 2: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Reserved

message 3: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Reserved

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (KristinaSimon) | 8938 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6362 comments Kate - are you going this year? i'm hoping to at least on Sunday - since I have a triathlon/football game the day before in blacksburg

message 6: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Yes, I am definitely going. My mom and I usually go on Saturday, as our Sundays are usually full! Looking forward to another enlightening day.

message 7: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2049 comments For Option 5--- can it be a used book you purchased---
or just NEW books?

message 8: by Kate S (new)

Kate S It can be a used book, as long as it is new to you and purchased after September 1. Enjoy!

message 9: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (Bluemoon286) | 1509 comments Does it have to be an actual book or will it count if I buy a book for my Nook?

message 10: by Kate S (new)

Kate S E-books are acceptable, as long as you buy it.

message 11: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (Bluemoon286) | 1509 comments Kate S wrote: "E-books are acceptable, as long as you buy it."

Great thanks.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6362 comments Kate - for the World Series - is there a limit on the number of books available in the series? Or could I start a brand new series that only has 1 book available?

message 13: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Dee -as long as it is labelled a "series " on goodreads, it is fine.

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6362 comments thanks Kate!! I realized that I pre-ordered a book that is #1 in a new series - so I was hoping ;)

message 15: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Sounds perfect for this slot! Enjoy!