Christian Readers discussion

New to Christian Readers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 9 comments Hello everyone! I'm new to this group. I hope to get to know you better. I have one self-published book and am working on my second. I look forward to talking to you soon.

ryan

message 2: by Pau (new)

Pau | 21 comments What's this book all about.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 9 comments Hello, Pau, i'm sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you.

Love Notes: A BIBLICAL LOOK AT LOVE is my first book. It covers almost everything the bible teaches about love and i wrote it over a ten year period of waiting and praying for my wife. It is available on Amazon.com and i would love for you to check it out sometime.

have a great night.

ryan

message 4: by Randy (new)

Randy (rpetrick333) | 1 comments Ryan - I can't find your book on Amazon. Can you give your full author name or any other clue to help find it? I'd like to check it out!

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 18, 2009 06:37AM) (new)

"This is an open forum for people to discuss Christ-themed books."

I write for entertainment value and my stories always reflect my world view but they aren't inherantly Christ-themed.

My debut novel, Never Ceese, about a vampire and a werewolf seeking redemption, was short-listed for a Bram Stoker Award in 2006 and voted book club choice for the month of May 2007 at the American Christian Fiction Writers Association.

I guess I'd like some clarification on whether I should post about my work here. :)
www.foreverrichard.com
www.thewriterscafe.com

message 6: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Sue, I see that you are a Christian who is writing for entertainment purposes. I struggle with this as a Christian and writer as a whole...since I have a series I was working on for public demand that deals with vampires as well (paranormal romance), but feel that God is not pleased with this. Although I have concluded to write under a psedonym name, will this still be acceptable to God. Sometimes, this is the balance we have to choose when we are Christians. What is the real purpose of writing outside of what God expects? Maybe you can help me.

message 7: by Ria (new)

Ria  (reereegandanghari) | 1 comments hi everyone! i'm ria from the philippines and i'm new to this group. hope i get the chance to know all of you better through the books that we read.

welcome to me!=)

message 8: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Hey Sue, good response. I am still praying on it. I have a vivid imagination and see things like a movie per se. I want to write these stories, but not sure if this should be my primary focus. I hope to hear from God on this matter further. Everyone has different perspectives and views on this topic area, this is probably why I write under a pen name now. I had tested the waters with my first novella that has my vampire story, fans want to see it as a full-fledged novel, and series. I am multifacted, and write in multi-genres, so I can understand your passion. I appreciate your comment.