The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Or am I projecting?

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Thomas Edmund Is Katniss and Peeta's relationship in this trilogy ripping off Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewarts 'relationship'?

message 2: by Sophie (last edited Sep 06, 2012 02:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sophie I suppose there are similarities in the fact that both novels centre around a lead female character who unfairly strings two boys along!

...I haven't read Twilight, but I am basing my views on the films (which I have watched).

Line I have read the both the Twilight and the Hunger Games books, abd I have to say, that they are very far apart... I have to agree with Sophie, that it's only the part about a girl stringing two guys along, that are the same... And in Hunger Games, it is involuntary...

message 4: by Haidi (last edited Sep 06, 2012 03:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haidi are you talking about Robert and Kristen in real life or their characters of Edward and Bella in Twilight??

If your talking about Edward and Bella, no it's nothing like their relationship.

message 5: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Haidi wrote: "are you talking about Robert and Kristen in real life or their characters of Edward and Bella in Twilight??

If your talking about Edward and Bella, no it's nothing like their relationship."

ok

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia just a thought. why does almost everyone wants 2 talk about the 2 actors & actress in RL about their realships on who is with who? is that just in private?

Ayesha No. Bella/Edward is portrayed as a straightforward romance. Katniss/Peeta is less about the relationship itself and more about what the relationship symbolizes to Panem at large and to Katniss specifically.

message 8: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Ayesha wrote: "No. Bella/Edward is portrayed as a straightforward romance. Katniss/Peeta is less about the relationship itself and more about what the relationship symbolizes to Panem at large and to Katniss sp..."

oh ok. i just though everyone was talking about the 2 ppl in RL from twi. that would be in private.

message 9: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia that just in my opoian

Ayesha Peace wrote: "oh ok. i just though everyone was talking about the 2 ppl in RL from twi. that would be in private.

I was responding to the OP.

But, now that you mention it, given that the OP put "relationship" in quotes, I'm begining to think that she was referring to KStew and RPats.

OP, yes, you are projecting. No one cares enough about their drama to write 3 full-length novels about it.

message 11: by Walter (last edited Sep 06, 2012 11:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Walter No similarities whatsoever. Bella and Edward are a completely stereotypical romance novel couple. She's girly and helpless, he's strong and protective. She get's in trouble, he bails her out.

Katniss and Peeta represent an inversion of the gender roles. She's strong and self-reliant, he needs her to come to his aid, time and time again. She hunts, he bakes; he wants children, she doesn't; he's warm and open, she's cold and distant.

Thomas Edmund Whoa Ok guys -

Referring to the actors in question - hence using their real names...

Rachel Scheidt Umm... how can you compare a real-life relationship to a fictional one? We don't even know what goes on between them except for what the media tells us. No offense but it was smarter to compare them to Bella and Edward. You can actually compare and contrast. And I agree the only similarity there is the 'stringing boys along' bit. Very nice description by the way lol:) (That's one of the reasons I hate Bella as a character).

message 14: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Rachel wrote: "Umm... how can you compare a real-life relationship to a fictional one? We don't even know what goes on between them except for what the media tells us. No offense but it was smarter to compare the..."

Thumbs up for you...

message 15: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Line wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Umm... how can you compare a real-life relationship to a fictional one? We don't even know what goes on between them except for what the media tells us. No offense but it was smarter..."

yea the same thing.

message 16: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia wb the wolves. did they had something 2 do with other clan or somthing like that?

Thomas Edmund Ok - let me explain myself a little further.

In the books Peeta and Katniss initiate and fake (somewhat) a relationship for the cameras.

Does anyone think this could be similar to the actors R. P and K.S?

message 18: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Ofcause that could be the case for the actors, but honestly, I really don't care...
What they do in their private life, is absolutely nothing of our business...!

Thomas Edmund Line wrote: "Ofcause that could be the case for the actors, but honestly, I really don't care...
What they do in their private life, is absolutely nothing of our business...!"

The original question doesn't require any meddling in personal lives - simply wondering if this was Collins intention in Hunger Games

message 20: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia T. wrote: "Line wrote: "Ofcause that could be the case for the actors, but honestly, I really don't care...
What they do in their private life, is absolutely nothing of our business...!"

The original questi..."

am sure they must have gotten some type of meadle for the roll that they were in type of thing.

message 21: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia but like someone said, its not really our busniss 2 be poking around in their private lives.

Thomas Edmund Peace wrote: "but like someone said, its not really our busniss 2 be poking around in their private lives."

No-one is suggesting 'poking around in people's private lives!'

This is my fault - I should have made my question more clear.

One of the themes in Hunger Games is Katniss and Peeta pretending to have a relationship to please the Capitol city fans.

I wondered if Suzanne Collins originally got this idea from the Actors, R.P and K.S. having their relationship paraded around the media?

message 23: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Didn't the Hunger Games books release before the Twilight movies?

message 24: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Line wrote: "Didn't the Hunger Games books release before the Twilight movies?"

i was kind of thinking the same thing as well.

message 25: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia was the book came before or after the twi movie? or would it be the other way around?

Thomas Edmund - according to my research, The Hunger Games was published a few months before Twilight the movie was released.

Even accounting for gossip prior to the movie's release, I suspect I have Indeed been projecting

message 27: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia T. wrote: "- according to my research, The Hunger Games was published a few months before Twilight the movie was released.

Even accounting for gossip prior to the movie's release, I suspect I have Indeed be..."

that is good 2 know about.

message 28: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia did the hunger game movie, came out befor twilight movie?

message 29: by Ida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ida Just because two different series have a love triangle it does not mean one is ripping of the other.

Mind you The Hunger Games don't really have a love triangle, it has two boys pining after a girl who is to preoccupied with protecting her family and fighting a war to even think about romantic love.

Twiligh however have a girl preoccupied with pining for one boy, and stringing another one along to care about people dying around her.

message 30: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Peace wrote: "did the hunger game movie, came out befor twilight movie?"

No, but the HG book came out before the Twilight movie...

message 31: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Ida wrote: "Just because two different series have a love triangle it does not mean one is ripping of the other.

Mind you The Hunger Games don't really have a love triangle, it has two boys pining after a gir..."

Couldn't agree more...