Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Brandi's 50 for 2009

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments I've always loved to read, but for about 4 years I just couldn't get into anything I picked up. So I just didn't even try. But something happened about a year and a half ago and now I can't stop. I'm even find myself involved in two or three books at one time, which is so unlike me. So I thought I would challange myself this year and see if I could make it through 50 books.

message 2: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 1.) For Molly

I had been wanting to read this book ever since I heard about it 9 years ago. The author is from my hometown and the book is set in my hometown of Pineville, LA.

Off to a slow start, but I've got two more that I'm working on....

message 6: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) You are doing well! Keep up the book work!

message 7: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 5.) John Lennon The Life

Loved it.

message 8: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 6.) Slaughterhouse-Five

This one is a re-read. This was the book that made me fall in love with Vonnegut.

message 10: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 8.) The Plague

I didn't think I would ever finish this one. The last hundred pages took forever. It actually got a little interesting for me when all the stuff with the Swine Flu started. But all in all I wasn't that impressed with it. I'm just glad to be done with it so I can move on to something else.

message 12: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments congrats on your first ten!

message 14: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 13.) Twilight

I thought all the hype around Twilight was a little crazy, so I put off reading it. But my curiosity finally got the better of me (especially after not hearing a single bad thing about it from people I know whose read the series). I have to admit, it was really good. It was hard to put it down. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

message 15: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 14.) New Moon

15.) Eclipse

16.) Breaking Dawn

There...I'm done! All in all I enjoyed them. I had some problems with the last one though. Ok, on to something else!

message 16: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments 17.) The Witches of Eastwick

With only 4 months to go...am I going to make it??

message 18: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 20 comments so it doesn't look like i'm going to make it to 50 this year. there is always next year right??