*YA Awesomeness* discussion

What Did Ya Think? > Harry Potter And The Sorcerors Stone *You Know The Drill, Spoilers*

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Becca (BeccaTheAwesomeOne) | 365 comments Mod
Did you like the first HP book? Was the movie better? Or maybe your more a fan of the book? Squabble about Harry amongst yourselves...

message 2: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 49 comments Don't kill me but this is the only one I've read and although I did think it was awesome I just didn't feel compelled to continue reading. I've been planning on reading the others but...eh...

message 3: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I do that all the time. Sometimes your jyst too lazy to continue reading.

message 4: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 49 comments Becca wrote: "I do that all the time. Sometimes your jyst too lazy to continue reading."

Right! And I feel like I totally missed the age when it really makes an impact...

message 5: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I think the younger you are, the more you loveit.

message 6: by JazzyJams (new)

JazzyJams | 183 comments Mod
Aw... does that mean I've got no one to fangirl with? Figures... I guess I'm at the age where it makes a big impact... Meh, I think I'll fangirl anyways! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!! (view spoiler)

message 7: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I know, I thought Teddy was gonna become a new Harry Potter. I guess sometimes things don't work out.

Actually, I hate to admit it, I am a fangirl.

message 8: by JazzyJams (new)

I did too... The whole thing was almost the same as it was with Harry... Hopefully no one writes a book about Teddy too... No matter how much I love the series, the 7 books is just enough :D

YAY! I'm not alone!

message 9: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I thought we were extinct... It wasn't as uncommon when the movies were out, but everyone liked the movies, not the books.

message 10: by JazzyJams (new)

I actually know a pile of people at school that love the books :D It was funny, because we were playing this stupid version of dodgeball that has these nets that are shaped like hoops, and one girl walked up to it and yelled "I CALL KEEPER!" and we pretended it was Quidditch. Luckily no one else really cared since there were in total 3 nets on each side...

message 11: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

never played it... But it sounds fun!

message 12: by JazzyJams (new)

Well there were only two hoop nets (one on each side).. So we couldn't really play Quidditch... and no one else knew what we were talking about...

OOH! That reminds me of the time me and a friend of mine played Quidditch at a pool party... They had pool-noodles (AKA Broomsticks :D) and our very tall friend was the Snitch since she was running away from us...

message 13: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I did tha once. Then my mom told me if I wanted to use a broom, I should sweep the kitchen. *sigh* she doesn't get it...

message 14: by JazzyJams (new)

Aw, how sad :( It was a party with a couple of close friends who know of our obsession, so it was all good! The sad thing is we both got the friend/snitch at the same time, so that match ended at a tie between Slyterin (ME!!!) and Ravenclaw (Her and pretty much everyone I know...)

message 15: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I, personally, am a Gryffindor. So, by some odd law of nature, I hate you. But then there was Lily and Severus, and they were best friends. But there is an exception to all laws. Even that one about tying crocodiles to fire hydrants in Detroit. Michigan has some weird laws

message 16: by JazzyJams (new)

Haha! Have you signed up for Pottermore? I (obviously) got Slytherin... True, by the odd laws of nature, I hate you too :D... Also true, Lily and Severus managed. I love funny laws, though! Some are just so random, and pointless that they shouldn't even be considered as laws...

message 17: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Yeah, I am in pottermore. I haven't played it for a while. i was put in Ravenclaw *pout* but its still pretty darn awesome!

I think the whole tying crocodile to fire hydrants thing is really for our owwn good. Like, what if they saw a pink faux crocodile skin purse and went berserk. Or maybe Michiganians are just plain insane.

Eh, just plain insane it is.

message 18: by JazzyJams (new)

SEE! Everyone but me and my sister are in Ravenclaw (my sis got Gryffindor, but that's because she choose the pretty pictures...)

And Canada's pretty insane too... Well not really, but I find things insane on a daily basis...

message 19: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Well, maybe its the closeness of Canada and Michigan. Maybe everyone i the northern hemisphere is insane. I don't know *shrugs*

message 20: by JazzyJams (new)

My friend noticed yesterday (it was after Geography, which is awesome, because our teacher goes into world issues including stuff in Ottawa by giving us two sides of the argument) that countries are like a bunch of friends that back-stab each other when things don't go their way... It's rather true, when you think about it...

message 21: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Yeah. Its called war. Its kind of.like a really dysfunctional family. Really dysfunctional. Like my family. Seriously, at Christmas, everybody sits in the kitchen and argues about if Wal-Mart or K-Mart is better. I usually eat in the living room

message 22: by JazzyJams (new)

Since we don't have K-mart up here, I don't get that... I still don't know what the "adult" people talk about... I am continually forced to sit at the kiddie table with my little sister and my baby cousin (and my friend who is related by marriage, but she's forced to sit there too...) so I get to talk about colouring and crap...

message 23: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Oh. My uncle thimmks Wal-Mart is trying to rip people off. I wish I could sit at the kiddie table. They talk about some nasty crap. One year we started talking about cannibalism...

message 24: by JazzyJams (new)

That's... pleasant... I like my family more now... even if they are crazy... at least we don't discuss cannibals at the dinner table...

message 25: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

It was a pretty detailed discussion that included hu-fu and graphic mental images. I was like, "Damn! Where is the emergency exit!" I went home early that year.

message 26: by JazzyJams (new)

xD I would have as well... My brother is bad about that kinda stuff as well... He randomly blurts out stuff about composing things and bacteria and other stuff that people don't want to hear about while eating...

message 27: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

There was also a discussion about how I was so young and attractive I might get raped.

Yeah, some things are really messed up.

message 28: by JazzyJams (new)

Your family seems most interesting...

My family talks about... I think geeky stuff... they were all geeks in adolesence...

message 29: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Interesting. You mean disgusting.. We also had a conversation about how if you gu
ive chipmunks a piece of Juicy Fruit gum, its digestive system will get beacked up and they will probably explode.

Or something like that.

message 30: by JazzyJams (new)

that's disgusting, AND cool :D i wonder if a chipmunk would explode if you gave it a piece of juicy fruit...

message 31: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I do know they will die because they can not poop. Maybe I should go blog... That will stop the crasiness.