Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BE (Archived) > #1 Bookmark Exchange Sign Ups 02/09

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 17, 2009 10:07AM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Stephanie had this great idea for xmas that we do a secret santa sort of bookmark exchange.
I would like to have a discussion on this and perhaps do a few throughout the year.

Post here if you are interested in such a thing and also if you have any kind of ideas too!

Please make sure if you sign up and are going to participate that you see it through. You will be responsible for mailing a bookmark to 1 person and in return one will be mailed to you. (names will be mixed up randomly)
All addresses should be private messaged to me. So that, since this is a public group, your addresses are not here for all to see.

Bookmark Exchange Participants
Stephanie - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Wolf and Monkey (I love them both)
Favorite Flower:Lilac & Purple Roses
Favorite Color: Purple any Shade
Favorite Time of the Year: Fall (I love the colors)
Favorite Jewel: Sapphire

Tricia - well I got my own right? lol
Favorite Animal: Horses (Though I love all types)
Favorite Flower: Iris (all types)
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Time of the Year: Winter
Favorite Jewel: Opal

Shanon - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Can't think of one - but I do have a thing for Acorns (if I can say that instead)
Favorite Flower: Daisies
Favorite Color: Teal / Black / Yellow
Favorite Time of the Year: Fall
Favorite Jewel: Diamonds or Opals

Kenjii - Address Sent!

Sarah - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Cat (domestic housepet or wild) or Birds (any)
Favorite Flower: Daffodils
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Time of the Year: Summer

new_user - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Beautiful birds and fierce predators. :)
Favorite Flower: Lillies and orchids

Kathryn - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Too many, mostly big cats, lions, panthers and such
Favorite Flower: Lillies
Favorite Color: Blue, any shade!
Favorite Jewel: Anything bright and bold

Michelle - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: owls, giraffes, elephants
Favorite Flower: tulips, peonies
Favorite Color: green
Favorite Time of the Year: fall and spring
Favorite Jewel: anything that's not yellow or brown

DarkHeart - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: I'm a fan of them all really, but I've been owned by dogs, cats, rats & hamsters
Favorite Flower: Tulips and Lilies
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Time of the Year: Autumn
Favorite Jewel: Black diamonds

Nichole - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: turtle
Favorite Flower: calla lily
Favorite Color: black or green
Favorite Time of the Year: summer
Favorite Jewel: sapphire

Terri - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Cats
Favorite Flower: Lillies
Favorite Color: orange
Favorite Jewel: pearls

Jessi - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Butterfly
Favorite Flower: Rose
Favorite Time of the Year: Spring

Yz - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Cat or Rabbit
Favorite Flower: Rose
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Jewel: Ruby

Jamie - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal - Cat or rabbit
Favorite Flower - lilys
Favorite Color - purple
Favorite Time of the Year - fall
Favorite Jewel - amethyst

BriansGirl - Address Sent!
1895628 Favorite Animal: Cat
Favorite Flower: Lilac
Favorite Color: Lavender (not purple). Second choice: yellow
Favorite Jewel: Emerald

Heather - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: I love all animals! I love my black bunny Thumper....
Favorite Flower: Daisies
Favorite Color: Blue Second choice: Purple or Pink
Favorite Jewel: either amethyst, pearl, or a sapphire

Erica - Address Sent!
Favorite Animal: Tigers
Favorite Flower: Tulips and orchids

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2009 10:46PM) (new)

I am up for this one.. i love bookmarks...
now are we talking about making our own bookmarks or buying them?
i like the book idea. but it might cost a mint for postage? i haven t sent anything in a while so i am not sure on the going rates. but it might be easy to find out..

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

We can make or purchase, we can leave this to be decided on each person involved.

As far as the book goes, is why I mentioned that just once and for xmas.. if we dont have enough interest so be it but I thought it would be a good idea :)

If anything we can just do the bookmarks throughout the year.. perhaps 4-5 times a year for diff holidays?

We will have to see interest of course and get some ideas from more members to see what the details are going to be.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am In.. :D
I will make bookmarks its more creative i think.. :)
i just hope more people will be in to this one...

message 5: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
I am not sure if a lady made this bookmark or not. but a pen pal sent me this bookmark that i held onto for years because the saying written on the bookmark related to friends and books. so yeah, i guess i'd get all sappy over a handmade bookmark =)

I was going to say there are plenty of sites you can order from and ship the gift right to the person. but that may cost more than postage. though shipping and handling could be free.

anyhow, great idea and gift giving bonds people for life and can heal at the right time. So I hope this idea takes off Trish and Steph =)

message 6: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I love the idea of doing bookmarks. Postage (in the US) is only $0.42 for a letter & I'm sure most bookmarks would not weigh too much.

How Fun

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 276 comments I like the bookmark idea. I make bookmark gifts all the time, so making one or buying ready made is doable.

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user I love that idea! I don't know a lot of readers so there aren't many people around me who would appreciate a bookmark gift, but that would be a lot of fun to exchange with everyone. The book exchange would be fun too. U.S. Media Mail is 3.99 for a book, I believe.

Would we be choosing the books as a kind of recommendation or choosing from a wishlist?

Also, we're all from different backgrounds and places, probably, so holidays and dates will no doubt differ, so I'm not sure about that.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2009 08:41PM) (new)

what about once ever few months we have a bookmark exchange.. we can make the bookmark personal to that person.. like a favorite animal or flower etc....or maybe have a theme on the bookmark? (just an idea)

but with everyone with busy lives we should give everyone a month or so...

We should have a:
Start Date
Finish Date
then a
Send Date..

Then we will all be done at the same time and sending them.. then no one is rushing at the last minute to finish. and send....

oh and maybe once u get it take a picture of the bookmark and then we can show the class... i mean group.
it would be nice to see what everyone got.. that's all i got so far.. :)

(we could have 4 to 5 (like Tricia said) if we start in march. either making them or sending.. but i think we start making them in march then look at sending )(open thought needs more work)...

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Thats a good idea Stephanie :) I I think we need to make a list for people to fill out, telling us information about themselves. For those making the bookmarks personal. If you arent the creative type this list will help in the decision making of purchasing the bookmark from the store (or internet).

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i already found what bookmarks i am making hehe.. :) i work at Micheal's craft store so its easy to get everything i need when i am at work all the time.. :D

i guess we need to come up with a few questions like.
Favorite Animal
Favorite Flower
Favorite Color
Favorite Time of the Year
Favorite Jewel

anyone have another Questions we can ask to get to know each other better..

message 12: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (Kathry) This group is awesome! I love the bookmark idea, would love to be part of it. And taking pictues and sharing the results. I want to say yes to the book exchange but money is tight and my book budget, as of last week, is now a big fat zero for who knows how long. And yes, starting and ending dates and questions are great. This should be fun. So, how many people are in so far?

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) I'm in for the bookmark exchange...fun, fun, fun. Since someone said that people celebrate different holidays, I thought maybe one each season?? As far as Media Mail, it is less than $3 to send a book anywhere in the US. I used to send out a LOT of books when I was clearing out my library last year. It was usually around $2.30 or so.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments Yeah, this sounds like fun. Count me in.

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 56 comments This does sound fun. I'm in.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Me too!

message 17: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) So we can get a better idea of who wants to participate & who doesn't I created a poll. After we get a feel for how many people want to participate we can poll to see how often during the year.... thoughts?

message 18: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Lets let the poll run for at least a few weeks.

I know we are anxious to get this underway but with so many members I would like to make sure all have a chance to check it out before prematurely starting an exchange :)

message 19: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I have it going until the end of the month already - I can extend it longer if we need to.

message 20: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Oh! Ok no thats fine :)

message 21: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 03, 2009 10:22AM) (new)

My info:

Favorite Animal: Horses (Though I love all types)
Favorite Flower: Iris (all types)
Favorite Color: Purple

message 22: by new_user (last edited Feb 03, 2009 03:58PM) (new)

new_user I like the idea of personalizing with questions and posting pictures and every season sounds fair. :)

It might be a good idea to take a look at the "getting to know you thread" too, where people listed their favorite genres and whatnot. It might be cool to list an interest or two, too.

message 23: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Count me in! Sounds like a great idea and lots of fun!

message 24: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments I'm in for the bookmark exchange..but I'm not good at creating stuff..so it will be something that I will buy..LOL..

message 25: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Hehe thats not a problem Yz :) Some people wont have the time to make one hehe.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) some of us just don't have the creativity... maybe someone who knows how (wink - Stephanie) could post some instructions or ideas??

message 27: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Also, if people hadnt thought about it.. in order to send bookmarks we will need addresses of the people involved.

I was thinking instead of posting them for all the public to see (since this is a public group), everyone involved can PM me their address and their email. That way I can put them all together in a document that will be emailed to the participants.

What do you think?

message 28: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments Or..Tricia, when we know who is the receiver/giver, we can just pm each other on the address...

Just a thought, minimize the amount of people to see a person's address.

message 29: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

This is true! Though I had a special plan for everyone lol :P Shhh ITS SEKRET

But either way people are comfortable is fine with me :)

message 30: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments LOL..now you got me intrigued...LOL...i'll be the first to give you my address..LOL..

message 31: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

hehe

I really love this idea and I am so glad Stephanie came up with it!

message 32: by new_user (new)

new_user Hm, maybe we can send you our addresses, Tricia, and then you PM the sender the address he/she needs? Just a thought. I wouldn't want to make it a hassle for you either.

message 33: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 03, 2009 03:59PM) (new)

It would be no hassle :) I am litterally on this site 3/4 of the day, since I have it up at work in the background while I am working and at home while I do other things.

So I check it often while I am doing things hehe

message 34: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments That sounds like a good idea from new_user. Tricia gets to keep a masterlist, but we get only the address of the person whom we will be sending the bookmark. That is if Tricia don't mind.

message 35: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 03, 2009 04:11PM) (new)

Not at all :) I have been writing down a list here on paper of who wants to participate anyhow.

message 36: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Trish do you have me? I want in =)

message 37: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I do :) Everyone who has responded to this thread I do.

Steph made a list but hasnt updated it yet, I am sure she will be updating it next time she logs in.

I just made my own, well because am just anal like that? lol

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry ... i had to go to work today...

for making Bookmarks i just Google'd it and found things i could make.. easy.. being at work i didn't get to shop i hope Thursday i will be able to pick up things but if anyone wants help i can try and come up with some ideas.. its not a big deal because everyone has there own personal touch so no ones bookmark will look the same....

message 39: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

No apologizing for havinga life! :)

This is your baby and you are in charge of this exchange since it was your idea :) I just had something planned for everyone which is why I wanted to handle the addresses /giggles.

message 40: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Do you want us to PM you our addresses Tricia?

message 41: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 03, 2009 07:07PM) (new)

Aye if you guys dont mind. All who are wanting to participate.

We have a few weeks yet to make sure everyone sees it but it doesnt hurt to get a head start!

message 42: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm kinda new to Goodreads, what does PM mean?

message 43: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Private Message :)

message 44: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Sorry Jessi - I should have known better... I've been confused by lots of peoples acronyms. I'm always trying to figure out what people are saying. I'll avoid trying to sound cool & talk like normal people k :)

message 45: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

lol <3 Shanon

message 46: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I just figured out what type of bookmark I'm going to make. I just need to know what the person's favs are. I can't wait - this is a cool idea!

message 47: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Ya I am super excited about this!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

hey group.. i am letting Tricia take over the Bookmark exchange.. i am still going to be in the bookmark exchange just going to let Tricia look after all the details..

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) I want in also. This sounds like alot of fun.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I would love to be in a bookmark exchange. I cross stitch bookmarks all the time.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.