The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Season 7 - Confused about Jess

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Since the producers didn't come back for season 7, I only watched the first couple eps and the last one. I didn't like the direction it was going as everyone didn't seem as much like themselves. I have all 7 seasons on DVD now, so rewatching them and will eventually watch all of season 7 but I'm finding clips on Youtube that are confusing me. Maybe someone here can clear it up.

Did Jess die?
Clip: Rory, Jess Hurt (Jess died)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZUzx...

and something interesting. lol
Fake Gilmore Girls Promo - Luke's Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UhFro...

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 361 comments Um, woah! I don't remember that Jess dies! In fact, I don't really remember him being a focus of Season 7. There is much more with Rory and Logan. Yes, parts of Season 7 were exceedingly annoying. However, I think if you are a true GG fan you don't want to miss it as there are definitely some gems!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I don't know if Jess dies or not, that's why I'm asking. I do feel like I'm missing something by not having watched all of season 7. I was a fan from the very first show the night it debuted, but I was really ticked off when they didn't renew the contract for Amy Sherman-Palladino and I wasn't happy with the direction they were taking the characters. I had all of season 7 taped for me, but I didn't watch most of it. So this clip took me by surprise, but I don't know if it's true or not or just the way someone edited stuff together. Last I saw of Jess, he'd invited Rory who was at Yale to some bookstore he worked in and was writing poetry or something. (It's been awhile). So if they brought him back in season 7 at all, it's news to me.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 361 comments I am 99% sure he doesn't die--I don't even remember him in Season 7, to be honest. The Yale bookstore bit was the last I remember of him, but then I never really liked Jess so I don't really pay that much attention.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Thanks Kathryn. I didn't think he died either but then again, I missed several episodes. But I don't remember it in any of the trailers either. But after I found the youtube video, I didn't know if I could believe the editing or not since I missed some eps.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Elizabeth wrote: "THIS VIDEO IS A FAKE! The first clip is from seasons 4 or 5 (whenever she's a freshman) and it's LOGAN that gets hurt in South America and that's why she's at the hospital!
All of the flashbacks ..."

I was guessing it was a fake, but since I'd skipped half of the final season, I wasn't sure. And other clips on youtube I've watched by other people all have flashback sections in them pieced together, so I thought perhaps I'd missed something. It isn't like Gilmore Girls to literally kill a character off though. Thanks.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I know for sure that neither Jess nor Luke died : )
Don't worry, just continue enjoying the show.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Marion wrote: "I know for sure that neither Jess nor Luke died : )
Don't worry, just continue enjoying the show."

I know Luke didn't die, she kissed him at the end of the series finale. But the one about Jess had me wondering. I thought they'd written him out after a guest spot working in a book store I think it was.

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz | 18 comments I'm fairly positive; neither of them died.

message 10: by Chelle (new)

Chelle | 4 comments Jess did not die.

I own all the seasons and have watched them more times than I can count. I think I have entire episodes memorized.

Jess is alive and well publishing books in Philly. He makes a brief appearance (I think it's season 7, it might be 6).

Season 7 is not my favorite by any means but over all it wasn't too bad. Nothing went too terribly crazy. Lauren Graham was a producer that year so I think she helped keep things in check.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz | 18 comments yah, I wasn't a huge fan of season 7, either. It seemed like the whole thing was consumed in Lorelai's two relationships and Rory's. Besides, Gilmore Girls isn't the same without Luke and he was a rare occurence for most of season 7.

My favorite was season 4...

message 12: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 5 comments i loved season 4 too. Both Lorelai and Rory were young and every episode was entralling! I have watched each episode about 5 or 6 times. Oh, and Chelle, I am sure it was season 6 he made an appearance. Ya know, that was the night Logan and Rory got into a big fight at the bar which eventually led up to Rory coming home to Stars Hollow.

message 13: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 2 comments Jess did not die. He was asking her to run off with him for the summer. He had been reading relation ship books and it told him to make the move. He came to her dorm at night asking to come with him. She was overwhelmed because the last they saw eachother was when he told her he loved her. He thought that she loved him too, and that she would want to go and run for the summer. it sounds tragic with the music, but nothing happened, i've seen that episode a zillion times.