Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Getting notifications from over 48 hours ago

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 453 comments I have been having overcapacity messages like crazy all day, and after just coming back from one...I am getting notifications like crazy.

But when I click on them, they are from Sept 2nd. My notifications were working fine on the 2nd, so I was checking them and every day since then. But these are showing up as brand new (most showing 0 or 1 minute ago), but nothing on the threads is newer than the 2nd. And when I click it to go away, it comes back within a few minutes saying that exactly the same messages are brand new again.

For all the reference, logistic purposes...I am running Windows and IE. I'm not sure which versions since its the work computer.

message 2: by lafon حمزة (last edited Sep 04, 2012 02:15PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments I'm also getting regressive notifications, which is confusing to say the least. Also running into the overcapacity page every time I try to post about this bug (and often while doing other things too). Think Goodreads is trying to tell me something? /sarcasm.

message 3: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 453 comments lafon حمزة wrote: "I'm also getting regressive notifications, which is confusing to say the least. Also running into the overcapacity page every time I try to post about this bug (and often while doing other things t..."

I think they are, I had 5 overcapacities in a row trying to get to this notification amidst the ones from 2 days ago lol

message 4: by SueM (new)

SueM (4tun8) | 37 comments Huh, I was just going to post that I had just received an email notification from Sept 02, 6.17am, but I guess I'm not the only one!

In some ways, that makes me happier, as the same thing had happened to me a few days before I lost all access to email notifications while using Yahoo. Reverifying my email address didn't work (except to successfully reverify) so I had to switch to Gmail just for GR... I hope it isn't a sign of things to come...

Oh, and I had 4 overcapacity pages before a successful 5th attempt...

And this is my second attempt at posting this, as my first had a problem saving it! (I'm using Safari on my iPad ATM)

message 5: by SueM (new)

SueM (4tun8) | 37 comments Oops, it's also happening with my general notifications. For example, the notification states the post was made 53 minutes ago, but is in fact from Sept 02. But the notifcations marked new, are new... Weird...

message 6: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 1712 comments Overcapacity messages have been rampant all day, when trying to edit; trying to add a book, etc.

VERY tiresome.

message 7: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 453 comments Let's add another bug to the list, I can't "like" anything for the past hour or so. It just gives me the little waiting circle for upwards of 10 minutes. I reload the page, doesn't work. I reload the whole website, doesn't work.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8933 comments I'm also getting repeat update emails.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian (AussieCavalier) | 30 comments Ditto re. the notifications, constant 'Overcapacity' messages, and also for the 'Like' buttons not working. ironically enough it's been happening since I got a notification about GoodReads being 'down for maintenance' earlier today.

Seems like something in the site coding is fubar'd..

message 10: by Yossarian (new)

Yossarian (PolymathicMonkey) | 178 comments I haven't experienced those, but this morning I keep getting the red "Sorry, error encountered." message on the combine page, even though it worked.

message 11: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
I've reported the "like" bug for you - not working for me either.

Are you all still getting new notifications for old comments?

message 12: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 453 comments I am not. That seemed to stop after a few hours, right about the time the like button broke actually.

message 13: by Kara (last edited Sep 05, 2012 10:18AM) (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Okay, the like bug should be fixed in the next release (later today or tomorrow).

If no one has received old notifications since yesterday, the notifications were probably due to a mailer that had to be re-ran yesterday. Shouldn't happen again, but if it does, just post here.

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Like bug should be fixed now.