Bear River Bookies discussion

February Book Club

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:41AM) (new)

Robyn | 44 comments I just read an article in the sunday paper about the 2009 Newberry Award winner. It is "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman, has anyone read that one yet? That could be a possibility for this month... I also want to read his book "Coraline" which is coming out in theaters soon... Andrea has read that one already I think. We could also read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" which Rea suggested a couple months ago. And "A girl named Zippy" is really great but I don't know if everyone enjoys memoirs so... there are some more ideas from me as usual, I just can't help myself.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments My Granddaughter, Molly, told me about Coraline and wanted me to read it. It made a big impact on her, she is excited for the movie. Anything you choose is good, just let me know!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments I have read the graveyard book. I liked it. It was a fun read. I would also like to read Coraline. Any book you decide on will be great.

message 4: by Robyn (last edited Feb 03, 2009 07:36AM) (new)

Robyn | 44 comments So since Rea said that we could have it at her house... (I think that would be great) then how about Rea gets to decide which book we are reading. (is that okay Rea?, let us know and then we can all spread the word) I think we decided that it will be on the 4th Wed. of the month from now on unless there are any conflicts with that day.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (drewlotr) | 24 comments Mod
I loved Coraline and would be willing to read it again, just in time for the movie. The movie looks great.
But i will read anything.

message 6: by Rea (new)

Rea | 16 comments I have not read...nor hear of Coraline...but I think if a movie is coming out, then we want to read the book before the movie. Let's do that! I love being introduced to things I haven't heard of!

I'm also excited to have you in my home!

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Thanks for letting us come!!!

message 8: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments I picked up a paperback copy of Coraline and just finished it... so if anybody would like to borrow it just let me know! (it's only 160 pages... a quick read)

message 9: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (brandiogreennetscapenet) | 2 comments Robyn, I would love to borrow your book if thats ok. Let me know if its still available and I can find time to swing by and pick it up. Thanks!! BRandi

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments Brandi, you are more than welcome to it... I think I might be going into brigham later today if I do I can just drop it by (i'll give you a call if so), if not you can just pick it up anytime, robyn

message 11: by Karen (last edited Feb 10, 2009 09:13PM) (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Where did you find it? I would like to buy it before we leave! Molly and I went to the movie, it's a bit too much for little ones, there were kids crying and telling their moms that it was too scary! It does have a moral though, which I hope a lot of people will get!!

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments I picked it up in Barns and Noble when we were going through Provo last weekend. I thought for sure with the movie coming out that I would be able to find it at Wal-Mart or Smiths... but no such luck. I'm sure you could find it in any major book store. The Paper back cost 7 bucks or somthing. It was in the Teen Section at Barns and Noble.

message 13: by Rea (new)

Rea | 16 comments Brandi,
could I borrow it after you....if I don't find it and buy it first? xoxxoMom

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments Thanks! I'll try and find it! Have a great day reading and whatever else slips in!!!