Ladies who love Laurell discussion

Incubus Dreams

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments AHHHHH Clair Who the EFF is this Clair chick! she just showed up. I really hate Richard! He always messes everything up! ok just needed to vent a bit. I am loving this book but she is a mess. She hasn't had a gun on her and she keeps missing people in the room. WAKE UP GIRL!

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments okay i need to reread faster, cuz for the life of me, i can't remember who Clair is... is she one of the bimbos that richard dates for a minute??? or is she one of the pack who's trying to become lupa??? i can't remember....

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) I think she is the one who is trying to become his new Lupa.

The other bimbos from what I recall were never important enough to have a name in the books.

message 4: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments i can't remember who Clair is... is she one of the bimbos that richard dates for a minute??? or is she one of the pack who's trying to become lupa???

Clair was of the wolves Richard was dating for like a minute. She was very very recently turned, and didn't even know all the rules yet.

Her importance was she was the one who freaked out on Richard for being too aggressive in bed. Anita had to have that super awkward talk with him about the fact that some women like things rough.

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) Oh I remember that now, I didnt think they mentioned a name though.

Who was the one then that was trying to be the new lupa?

message 6: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments ok i remember her now.... dumbass richard.
sorry, how did that slip out?

message 7: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Who was the one then that was trying to be the new lupa?

Paris was the one trying to become lupa in "Narcissus in Chains". She was one of Chimera's wolves.

message 8: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) Ah, thanks. Its been a long while since I read the series :)

message 9: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments You're welcome.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Thanks guys for all the comments about this book. I am just loving this one! i think every book that i read is my fav. Of course until i read the next one and then i can't remember why the last one was my fav.... AHHH I don't know if i want Anita or want to be her? I think both at this point lol.

message 11: by Jiaka1981 (new)

Jiaka1981 Winfield | 62 comments I'm re-reading and just finished the "awkward talk" part! My fav book is still the laughing corpse, but blue moon is a close second. But i love Nathaniel in Incubus dreams. :sigh: i want a wife

message 12: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Jiaka1981 wrote: "I'm re-reading and just finished the "awkward talk" part! My fav book is still the laughing corpse, but blue moon is a close second. But i love Nathaniel in Incubus dreams. :sigh: i want a wife"

Why is the "The Laughing Corpse" a favorite? I would list that as one of my least favorite in the series. I wasn't fond of the voodoo stuff.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Blue moon on were all my favs lol. Pretty much when she gives in to JC is my fav.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... omg she had sex with Nathaniel!!!!! sooo hot. My poor bf last night was attacked and raped hahahaha... WOW I can't wait to get home and finish this book!

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Oh girl...just wait. There is more yummy sex with Nathaniel in the future. Your BF may never be the same LOL.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments I really can't wait! It's so good... In the night huntress forum they say such bad things about Anita Blake series and honestly I just don't understand why. The sex is great! it fits in the story and makes perfect sense (if you read the series from the first book)

message 17: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) I know Amanda, I will never understand why people talk down on this series..

The sex FITS IN THE DAMN SERIES DAMN IT! lol..

/calms down

I am better now :D

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Oh....don't even get me started...

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Yeah I know... Actually i had to deal with that fight in another group. I compared one chick to Anita and a girl lost it lol hahahah oh god who cares!!

message 20: by Jiaka1981 (new)

Jiaka1981 Winfield | 62 comments Laughing Corpse is my favorite because of the the action. i enjoy a heroine of a story who handles it all on her own, not needing anyone to save her. It showed how strong anita is on her own. I also liked the insight into Zombie raising and voodoo.

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments SHE DOES FURRY!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god that was such a hot scene until Jerk off Richard walked in... oh how I love these books!

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) This is terrible but I've read so many books since then I can't remember who Furry is! Who is he?

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Nathaniel!!!! and Jason held her arms down. Then Richard walked in flipping out and threw Jason across the room.

message 24: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) Yeah I really loved that scene.. as odd as it was.. because she was accepting what she had in her (HA pun intended?) and then that bastard Richard walked in and spoiled it. /sigh

She better make him better soon or I might stop reading the series... he is such a downer that it ruins the mood anytime he is mentioned =/

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Awww...okay. I don't remember him being called Furry.

message 26: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2009 09:58AM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) Oh Furry is a were-animal in their animal state :) Because they are *furry* on the outside hehe.

Anita in the beginning made references to their animal state in the book as *furry*.
I think at one point in the beginning she said *I dont do furry*.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments yeah when the two of them were telling her she needed to feed... Jason said no Nathaniel she doesn't do "furry" i would love to do them furry/shaved/waxed whatever! i think Jason is my fav. oh and Jean-Claude hahah ok wait i have too many i love them all lol.

message 28: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) Indeed I will take them all! :D

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) LOL...I read it wrong and was thinking Fury...as in someone named Fury...FURRY as in covered with fur. Now I get it...I have a headache today...that's my only excuse.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Yeah Tricia it's bad how excited i get when i read one of their names....

That's ok Lori I read things wrong all the time.

message 31: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Lori, thinking of the Were-Hunter Fury in Sherrilyn Kenyon's series?

message 32: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
TOtally love fury from the sherrilyn kenyon series. I just love that series. I was surprised too though when anita was with them when they were changed, but it was bound to happen at some point. Plus I love me some nathaniel oh and Jason sigh all of them.

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments Yeah it's reallllyyyy hard not to fall in love with them.. Jason sure can take a lot of pain... mmmmm

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Ya know...they all start to blur after awhile as fast as I burn through books. I hate that I can't remember the details better but I read soooo many books and I'm old so the memory isn't what it used to be LOL. I was pretty sure there wasn't a character in any of the books named Furry OR Fury but I could have missed it. I read all of the Kenyon books practically one after the other and some of her characters are a blur too.

message 35: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 62 comments God Lori, I am so with you on that, The older I get the more my mind dwindles, and if I don't keep my books I tend to forget what I've read. I went book shopping the other day, even made a list, and still came home with two books that I already own. Jeez

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments hahaha oh god you guys... YOU'RE NOT OLD!!!!!!
ok seriously im sooo loving this book... this is my new fav until i read the next then that will prob be my new fav! lol. Richard just asked anite to have a threesome with him and Jean-claude! well HELLLOOOO!!!

message 37: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 62 comments What? Richard did what? When? See, I've read Incubus Dreams four or five times, I don't remember that! Did they? How could I have data-dumped that?

message 38: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments I won't spoil....cuz Amanda hasn't finished... So Amanda STOP READING HERE

so anyway Richard does propose the 3some (Amanda, really stop reading) but then of course as usual backs out. You didn't data delete, Richard just can't hack it, like always....... stupid f-ing Richard... grrrrrrrrrrrr

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how am i not supposed to read what's just above!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments well i read it and to be honest i figured he would do that lol... oh grrrr what a jerk!!! ok i will see what happens when i go home tonight.. I though JC calmed him down though.. hmm

message 41: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments you weren't supposed to read that!!!!!!!!
honestly Amanda
have you no restraint
j/k i wouln't have been able to not read it either..probably

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments hahah no you know my issues with restraints hahaha no seriously i go on the anita blake forum and read all about the book before i read it.. I know it ruins a lot but I can't wait sometimes.

message 43: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments SPOILERS......

No one "backs out" of the scene in "Incubus Dreams".

Richard and Jean-Claude have a M-F-M threesome with Anita. I was actually impressed that Richard gave in and let Jean-Claude touch him casually. When Anita gives Richard oral sex, Richard holds Jean-Claude's hands. (He normally grabs the headboard.)

They also help Richard get over his "rough sex" thing. Anita and Richard had that talk right before Jean-Claude shows up. (One of Richard's girlfriends said he was so rough it was practically rape.)

At the end of the sex, they're all cuddling together. And, by the end of the book, Richard was still "trying". It was one of the few books lately where Richard was doing better by the end of the book. To me, it was almost like they finally fulfilled the promise of the marrying the marks scene from the beginning of "Narcissus in Chains".

Richard has his moments. A lot of people seem to forget his little steps forward when they see him falling behind again.

It's chapters 57-60 if anyone wants to flip through it again. I checked myself to make sure I wasn't remembering it incorrectly.

message 44: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments why do i not remember this!!! though it must have not really counted for me, cuz they weren't really all three having sex... i'm going to go home, grab my copy, and seriously reread TONIGHT. cuz damn that musta been HOTTT (and i promise to start from the beginning and not just jump to ch57, thought its tempting)

SPOILERS>>>>>>>
so which book was the one where they were all three going to do something, and then Richard ends up breaking JC's bed fighting with Anita???

message 45: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments I think you've got the scenes all turned around.

SPOILERS again .....

Anita has furry sex with Nathaniel and Jason. Richard comes in and is generally pissed off. He throws Jason onto the bed, breaking it. (This is all in Jason's room.)

Jason and Nathaniel leave and Anita has the sex talk with Richard. Then Jean-Claude shows up and they have a threesome. They don't move to Jean-Claude's bedroom because Asher is still dead to the world in Jean-Claude's bed.

message 46: by Cat (new)

Cat | 202 comments okay, now i KNOW i have to go home and reread this one. Thanks M'lady!

message 47: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 62 comments Thanks gals. You have claified a lot, and I do remember that scene in Incubus Dreams, it was hot. Now I think I'm going to have to go back and reread all of my books, because I could have sworn that in, maybe Blue Moon, that Richard broke Jean Claude's head board. Maybe .

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (AmandaRose) | 148 comments ohhh myyyy goooddd you people suck lol... that's ok now im going to read!!!

message 49: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments "Incubus Dreams" is one of my favorites. *g* There were a lot of sex scenes, but they all advanced the story.

"Blue Moon" took place in Tennessee. That was the one where Richard was accused of rape.

message 50: by Bronny D (new)

Bronny D (BronnyD) | 6 comments Incubus Dreams is one of my favorites too... the second AB book I read and the one that got me completely hooked! I love love LOVE Anita's men. Must be living vicariously ; )

« previous 1