A Darker Place
This topic is about A Darker Place
Darker Place

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (last edited Sep 07, 2012 01:12PM) (new) - added it

Laurie (LaurieRKing) | 103 comments Mod
Donna asks:
I love your series, but I have to admit that my absolute favorite book of yours is A Darker Place. Have you any thoughts of writing a sequel? Or more? A whole series. MORE! (Sorry-got a bit excited there.)

And the same question re: Touchstone.

message 2: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie (LaurieRKing) | 103 comments Mod
Yes to both--if I live long enough! The Touchstone sequel should be out next year, set in 1929 Paris, but another story with the characters of Darker Place, or indeed Kate Martinelli, will have to be pushed off for another couple of years. I hope, however...

Donna Glaser (donnawhiteglaser) Looking forward to the Touchstone sequel, but wish I could give you unlimited TIME, because I really want more A Darker Place.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2 comments Having read all the Mary Russell books (and enjoying them immensely) I searched out some older titles and just finished A Darker Place. I was reading on a rad trip and must admit that at the end when Dulcie recognized Glen McCarthy as "Mr. York" I had no clue what I must have missed in my reading! Help me please, or perhaps this is a mysterious connection to ponder...

Erin (Tangential1) | 5 comments Kathy wrote: "Having read all the Mary Russell books (and enjoying them immensely) I searched out some older titles and just finished A Darker Place. I was reading on a rad trip and must admit that at the end wh..."

Hi Kathy,
I honestly can't remember the ending of A Darker Place. I think I'll have to reread now!

FYI: this board has kind of gone into hibernation. If you aren't a member yet, there is a pretty active discussion group for Laurie's books over at the Laurie R. King Virtual Book Club group. Come join us! Feel free to add a thread for your questions if you don't see one that fits =)

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2 comments Thanks Erin...

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (Teepee12) | 3 comments I always have meant to write about this. I lived in Jerusalem (Israel) for a decade and the first book I read of the Laurie King "Holmes" books was the one set in Palestine. What struck me -- and kept me reading through all the subsequent and earlier books -- was the accuracy and beauty of her descriptions of places I know and love. So rarely do authors put that much effort into portraying a complicated place and its people with such truth. I will never forget. Thank you.