IPS, 1st & 5th period discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
4th Six Weeks > Week 5

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (last edited Feb 03, 2009 08:01AM) (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Name of Book/ Author
If Hollywood was going to make a movie out of the book you're reading, what actors/actresses would you pick to play the characters' parts? Why?

Kassandra Ramirez (kassandraramirez) | 17 comments i would pick hilliry duff to play the main character because she is really miss understood even though shes famous

Manuel Maldonado | 25 comments If they were gonna make a movie about my book then I would pick to play the main character. It would be Jonah Hill. Because he looks and acts just like the main character.

Ismail menasterly | 18 comments I would pick edward speelers and siena guillory to be eragon and arya

message 5: by Ben Ontiberos (new)

Ben Ontiberos (beno) | 27 comments They have created a movie based on the story described in my book. Johnny Depp was chosen to depict Willy Wonka however i would say my primary actor for this position would be Jim Carey or someone with a humorous personality.

message 6: by Martin Lind (new)

Martin Lind | 15 comments i would pick raven symone to play darcy because she is a pretty young innocent black girl just like the main character. i would pick corbin bleu to play hakeem because he is a nice guy and caring. i would pick morriss chestnut to play brian because hes older and is a "player".

Armando Rodriguez | 11 comments I don't really know any actors names so I'm not sure who I'd pick to play the main character of my book. The main character of my book is a physician so he helps the group if anyone gets hurt.

message 8: by Jean Doan (new)

Jean Doan  | 22 comments brad pitt and jessicaa alba would play in my movie :]

message 9: by Kiley Douyon (new)

Kiley Douyon (kdouyon09) | 23 comments For the main character Roylin I think I would pick Will Smith because he is always playing roles where he is doing bad in the beginning where he has some sort of self battle he is going through and ends up okay in the end. For the girlfriend Korie I would pick Megan Good because she is a very pretty actress, but I think she let's her beauty get in the way and realizes what she had when its gone. For Steve, i would probably pick David Banner because he looks like a football player and he's something like a ladies man. And always tries to get this best looking girls.

message 10: by Justice Snoddy (new)

Justice Snoddy | 17 comments well they already have made a movie out of my book and i enjoyed the characters they chose.

liv tyler was nice

message 11: by Betsy Miranda (new)

Betsy Miranda | 22 comments If Hollywood were to make the book I'm reading into a movie the actors/actresses i would choose would be Tom Hanks as the protagonist due to his past experience with "Forest Gump" it relates somewhat to the book. Also Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie because they are always involved in action/drama movies.

message 12: by Elias Zamarron (new)

Elias Zamarron | 13 comments I don't know many actor names but i do know that the actor selected would have to be good at suspense/thriller roles.

message 13: by Yareli DePaz (new)

Yareli  DePaz | 24 comments There is already a movie that just came out over twilight's and I think Bella Swan the main character of twilight is a good character for that movie.

message 14: by Rashad miller (new)

Rashad miller | 22 comments If Hollywood was making a movie out of my book the actor that I would pick is Dan Wetzel , because he is a good actor and he could really the role of the main character

Lawrence Christopher  | 15 comments i would pick someone l that know a little about special powers like the kid from 6 sense

message 16: by Laurysa Duran (new)

Laurysa Duran | 18 comments Well they have actually made a movie of my book and i actually think all the characters were chosen just right, I would stick to those same characters.

message 17: by Mary Ann Munoz (new)

Mary Ann Munoz | 24 comments I would pick Jake Gyllenhall because he is arab american. He also seems like a great actor.

♪♫3rik  ♪♫ | 24 comments i would pick the guy from the movie BOURNE SUPREMACY
because, he make it really believable and he he is a really good actor

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael  (michaelshort) | 20 comments 50 ways to improve the earth

If my book was made into a movie it would have to be played as a comical cartoon that gets kids interested like the magic school bus. That is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the book.

message 20: by Jonny Drass (new)

Jonny Drass | 17 comments My book has been made into a movie but if i were to choose a new actor i may choose another young child with a British accent.

message 21: by GilbertGarza (new)

GilbertGarza (grok04) | 15 comments Clockwork Orange: They already have a movie on it.
But my three actors would have to be walk on actors and tryouts for the part because these people are really not like anyone. Maybe Jonny Depp would be one of them because they are some what like the character of Willy Wonka.

message 22: by Erika (last edited Feb 04, 2009 07:34AM) (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Michael Willie:
That's a good idea! So really, there already is a movie/show that is like your book. :)

Brittney Hicks  | 23 comments I would like to have Megan Good as the main character in the book and for the leading male i would like morris chestnut play him.

message 24: by Kianna (new)

Kianna | 18 comments The name of my book is the Guardian by Joyce Sweeney.I would pick Hunter, because he is very brave and talkative.

message 25: by Erika (last edited Feb 04, 2009 07:35AM) (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Ben:
I agree - I think Johnny Depp just came off looking weird instead of funny. Jim Carrey would have played the part much better. What do you think of the old classic? Did they pick the right person for the role then?

message 26: by Erika (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Kiley:
That's a good point about Will Smith's roles - I never thought about it that way. I'm really interested now in what book you're reading... what is the title/author?

Elizabeth Rodriguez | 27 comments Dakota Fanning would play the two twins in the book I'm reading because she matches there description very well. Brad and Angelina would play the parents who are always very busy but still very family oriented.

message 28: by Marcus Wimbley (new)

Marcus Wimbley | 27 comments I would pick Matt Damon because he is a good actor and he reminds me of the main character

message 29: by Lukudu.paul. (new)

Lukudu.paul. (lukudupaul) | 9 comments If Hollywood made a movie of my book main character would be Denzel Washington.

message 30: by Vincent Mojica (new)

Vincent Mojica | 21 comments i'd pick morgan freeman for the narrator. and i'd have a hard time choosen a kid for the lil boy to play the main role?

message 31: by Carolina Reyes (new)

Carolina Reyes (carolinareyes) | 25 comments If they would make a movie out of this book i would pick Corbin Bleu because his young and he could play a good role.

message 32: by Mariela Munoz (new)

Mariela Munoz | 23 comments Houston we have a problema
Gwendolyn Zepeda
since the book is about teen agers i would choose young girls and a mom and dad, and a mature guy and a out going guy. but it is all about teens so teens would be my choice.

message 33: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth  (lizbethvillanueva) | 23 comments Since my book is about animals it would be hard to choose the characters. The only thing that I can choose is a narrator and that actor would be Jim Carrey because he has a great voice.

message 34: by Rex Hamilton (new)

Rex Hamilton | 13 comments If someone were to make a movie out of my book, I could see a new unknown young black actor to give a break through performance as the main character because I'm not sure of any actors who fit his role.

message 35: by Kiley Douyon (new)

Kiley Douyon (kdouyon09) | 23 comments Erika San Miguel wrote: "Kiley:
That's a good point about Will Smith's roles - I never thought about it that way. I'm really interested now in what book you're reading... what is the title/author?

"

The Title is Secrets in the Shadow by Anne Schraff

message 36: by Jacob lindegren (new)

Jacob lindegren | 30 comments in my book the last juror i would have put the main character Willie Traynor would be played as mel gibson becuase of his key since of humor and nack for getting to deep.

message 37: by Jacob lindegren (new)

Jacob lindegren | 30 comments in my book the last juror i would have put the main character Willie Traynor would be played as mel gibson becuase of his key since of humor and nack for getting to deep.

message 38: by Kaitlyn Sughrue (new)

Kaitlyn Sughrue | 14 comments 13 Reasons Why
By: Jay Asher

I don't think that I would cast anyone that was already famous for the simple fact that I don't like already knowing things about a specific actor or actress and having their other work influencing the way I think they should be in this movie.

message 39: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 18 comments My character for Lucy would have to be Isla Fisher she currently plays in Confessions Of A Shopaholic her work just fits for the role. For the two boys in the book would be be Zac Efron & Ryan Sheckler. The buisness dad, Bob Sagett, and the mom would be Nancy Grace.

message 40: by Erika (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Lucy: I want to see that movie - it looks interesting! :) What is your book/author?

message 41: by Erika (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Kaitlyn: I think that's a really interesting point. There are some really good indie films out there with no big name actors. I actually prefer documentaries to blockbuster movies most of the time. :)

message 42: by Cindy Jaimes (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:36AM) (new)

Cindy Jaimes | 16 comments Name of Book/ Author
If Hollywood was going to make a movie out of the book you're reading, what actors/actresses would you pick to play the characters' parts? Why?

Watchmen By: Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons
My book has already been turned into a movie, its release date is early March.

Rorschach: Jackie Earle Haley
Dr. Manhattan: Billy Crudup
Silk Spectre 2: Carla Gugino

message 43: by Ashleigh trent (new)

Ashleigh trent | 23 comments For my main character I would pic Nikki Reed because she looks just like how Delilah is described in the book. Plus I think their attitudes would match up perfectly.

message 44: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 19 comments I would choose actor Ricky Gonzalez to play the role of the main character in my book "Mr Was" because he would fit the role the main character "Jack" plays in the book. In the book Jack has to defend his mom from his angry abusive dad and i feel Ricky would play that couarges role perfectly.

message 45: by Phillip Miles (new)

Phillip Miles | 24 comments If Holly Wood were to make a movie out of my book. The basketball player would be Cris Paul. Then I would have Samuel Jackson as the Dad. Then my favorite actor Will Smith as the Coach.

message 46: by Stefon (new)

Stefon (stefonjones) | 18 comments In my book I would make lawrence fishbourne the antagonist and denzel washington the main character.

message 47: by Mike Willie (new)

Mike Willie | 17 comments 50 cent as 50 cent because the book is about him anyways.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.