Goodreads Feedback discussion

The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
This topic is about The Battle for Skandia
Bugs > Book format displaying incorrectly

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy | 187 comments For some reason, in both my shelf and in the book detail form, this book shows as Hardcover. When I pulled it up to edit it, however, the edit screen shows that it's a paperback. The record in question is:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38...

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments It shows as paperback for me in both areas.

message 3: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy | 187 comments lafon حمزة wrote: "It shows as paperback for me in both areas."

Wonderful... I just got the first four books of the series, and this is the only one I'm having trouble with.

OK, I tried IE, instead of Chrome (which didn't really help) but I didn't sign in, which DID help. Next to the new GREEN shelving button, it shows, "Paperback,294 pages." Under the My Review section, it shows, "format Hardcover (edit)." I completely missed the fact that it shows up in two places on the page. I uploaded an image, if that helps: http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...

I still see Hardcover on the bookshelf though. :-s

message 4: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 176 comments It looks like you have the hardcover edition shelved. Switch your review to the paperback and it will match the other paperbacks on your shelf.

message 5: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy | 187 comments Riona wrote: "It looks like you have the hardcover edition shelved. Switch your review to the paperback and it will match the other paperbacks on your shelf."

Ya know, I wanted to make some smartassed comment about knowing the difference between paperback and hardcover, but you're right... Although the link in msg #1 goes to the paperback, that's not what was on my shelf... actually, it DOESN'T go to the paperback, but if you look at the image, it at least shows that both formats are there.

I had originally added the books when I ordered them, but when I received them today, I entered the ISBN and switched to the correct edition. Could this one have only changed part of the data, and the rest changed over time, like a caching issue? I think we're good now, but... Intermittent bug? Will we ever know? (sigh)