FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh In--week of February 2, 2009 (Groundhog Day! And Candlemas.)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod

Back down to where I was 2 weeks ago. I didn't diet or exercise this week. I'm a slacker. But I didn't gain, so that RULES! Hey, anyone know how long it takes to gain weight once you eat bad food?

Ok, dudes, I've been away from the group for a while--better get caught up on threads...!!!

message 2: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) WTG Mands - 3500 calories more than your body needs = 1lb of weight gain

-----

So, I lost another 1.6 at my weigh in on Saturday... That makes it a total of 39.8lbs since the beginning of August... 16.9 to go for my next goal (250lbs - hopefully by the end of March)

-------

Side Note: Lost 6.4 since the beginning of January's BL Partners at work.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Kick ass, woman! Totally awesome!!!!!!

message 4: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Is that 3500 calories a day?? or what?? Don't leave me hanging Trudy!!!! I blame the superbowl!

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Petu, in general 3500 calories equals one pound... I would think that it takes time for the body to accumulate/store that as fat but I don't have an exact time frame on that... If I come across the article I read it in, I will post or link to it...

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Awesome, Trudes...you rock.

I think you're right on the calorie thing. That's the same math I use.

message 7: by mary elizabeth (last edited Feb 03, 2009 05:24AM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams hi, so my boyfriend and I just discussed this 3,500 calorie thing just this morning! its not an exact science is what it comes down to.
here's the wikipedia article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_energy

i gained 3.3, probably from overeating saturday and sunday, but i don't know if i had 11,550 calories more than i usually have.

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Keep in mind, it is not more than you usually have but more than your body needs. To quote the pirates "It's a guideline, not a rule" : )

mary elizabeth  Williams beth wrote: "hi, so my boyfriend and I just discussed this 3,500 calorie thing just this morning! its not an exact science is what it comes down to.
here's the wikipedia article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..."

hi, so I weighed myself this morning-- partially because i did not believe i gained 3.3. and i lost 2.5 of the 3.3. so my net gain from the superbowl was only about 1 pound. i wonder if it will go down again tomorrow? does anyone else experience this-- that if you overeat you gain alot for the first few days, and then end up losing it quickly over the next few days? is it water weight from eating so much salt and alcohol? hmmm....
its sort of fun to see yourself losing 2.5 pounds overnight. very satisfying. but i know its not real weight loss.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Man, I can't figure out the rhyme and reason and logic of the scale numbers most of the time, esp. now that I'm lifting weights. It's not that I'm frustrated with it...I'm doing fine...but there have definitely been times when I've been confused by either sudden weight loss or sudden weight gain.

I have found that if I work out a slew of days in a row then take a day off, I'll almost always lose out of nowhere on the day I take off. I've always found that interesting.

message 11: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I had always heard that what you eat today takes 48 hours to go through your body. So that does make a bit of sense... one good BM could explain all that... and the more you eat the faster the BM comes (at least for me)

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Are we talking about poop now? Yes, we truly are comfortable with each other...

(Weight loss tip! Run to the scale right after you poop!)

mary elizabeth  Williams Randomanthony, your weight gain/loss might be attributed to water. when i exercise, i drink more water than normal. do you think that could be it?

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Ew, poop. :)

message 15: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) it happens... lol

message 16: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Well, stayed the same again this week. I had some issues during the weekends. I'm finding those are the most difficult times. Day to day I'm good, but damn when the weekend rolls around, that's my hurdle.

message 17: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I am basically the same way Petunia... the thing that I find helps me on the weekends is to stay busy. I usually have a list of things to do that gets me out of the house for a couple of hours. When I get back to the house, I then have to clean up... so basically the earlier I get up and get going, the less likely I am to sit around the house and munch.

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
I stayed the same again this week. I bought no diet soda for the house, I keep telling my husband how good water tastes! :) And Hey I even chased the neighbors dog this week, crazy thing escapes out the back fence somehow and they can't find the hole! She gets right within your reach and runs like h---! Maybe I'll just get my own dog or maybe try and walk the cat!?!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

I highly recommend trying to walk the cat! You'll fail miserably (because of the cat!!!), but you will laugh your ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by mary elizabeth (last edited Feb 08, 2009 07:35AM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams SO yesterday was my sister's wedding shower. this involved loads of cake and cookies since it was tea party themed. i overate loads. hopefully my 6.5 mile run this morning will help me not gain as much for my weigh in tuesday! your sister only gets married once after all!!

message 21: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments A good week for me:

down 3.24% since the previous week and 6.87% overall