Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Kenjii's Weight Loss Tracking

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I started off the month sick so I only ate a scoop (a spoonful literally) of soup and a handful of chips. No high cal. snack (HCS) or exercise for that matter. But when I am feeling better my goals will be.

1. Increase mobility (I tend to stay in bed alot when I feel bad).

2. Try and track food intake (at least my sweets)
3. Track water and exercise daily.

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Sorry to hear that you are sick. Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Thanks Yz. Compared to 24 hrs ago. I'm Jem. Hehe. A bit of a cough still but my head's not pounding and I feel much better thanks.

message 4: by Felisha (new)

Felisha (sunkissedthoughts) | 175 comments Hi Kenjii, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better very soon. I will be posting my goals by the end of day.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Felisha: Airbourne works wonders! I feel MUCH better. TYVM. I will be posting as well. It might not be daily, as I am forgetful, but I do write down my progress.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 2-2-09
w= x x x x x x

e= x

HCS= none (yay)

Work on: Double exercise. Increase water. Good on snacks =)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 2-3-09
water(w)=x x x x x x

exercise(e)=x x x x 1 of 10 sets each squats

HCS= mini lemon cookies 260

Work on: adding lunges to w/o.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments Keep up the good work.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments TYVM BriansGirl.

message 10: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 07, 2009 04:06PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Haven't posted but been tracking =)

2-05-09

water= X X X X X X

HCS= 2 cookies and Dominoe's cinn. bread 2-4 pieces

exercise(e)=0 :(

2-06-09

water=X X

2-07-09

water=X X

exercise= stood at back sale 2.5 hours (want to do squats and lunges. We will see!)

Daily Goal: Drink 8 glasses of water.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia You're going great Kenjii! Tracking your progress in itself it a lot ;). And it's all about baby steps. If you're not used to water, and you want to crank up your intake to 8 glasses, you might want to do it gradually. Say this week I'm drinking 3 glasses a week, next it will be 4. Worked for me...

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Kasia: I have been sick and I dunno why my water intake went down. I was drinking more juice and coffe tho. I do usually drink 8+ glasses a day! I am trying my best to track and actually do my goals daily. Thanks!

message 13: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 11, 2009 03:47AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 2-8-09

w=X X X X X X

e= X X X

high Calorie Snack (HCS)= 0! yay!

2-9-09

w=X X X X X X

e=X X X X (squats)

HCS= 0 Yay!

2-10-09

w=X X X X X X X X X

e=X X X X (squats)

Snack (low calorie hehe) quaker mini delights 90 cals. x2

Small goal increase squats or add lunges.

message 14: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Sorry to hear that you were sick. And 8+ glasses, in winter time! That's impressive! ...unless it's summer for you...

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Kasia I am in a very dry dusty area so drinking lots of water is easy. But moving back to California with the moist environment might more less change my drinking habits. I lived there all my life but never really paid attn to my wight b/c it never got as out of control as when I lived here.

message 16: by Felisha (new)

Felisha (sunkissedthoughts) | 175 comments Kenjii, you are doing great with your tracking. I must develop what tracking system to use and start posting immediately. I will tackle that today.

Keep up the good work.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Felisha, thanks! I don't get to post it everyday. But I do track offline and then post here. I hope you come up with something easy you can follow too!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 2-11-09

w=X X X X X X X X

e= X X (squats)

snack= mini delight X1 (90) slim fast PB crunch X1 (100 cals I think gotta check it!) No more POP TARTS hehe.

Mini goal increase exercise by 1

2-12-09

w= X X X X (so far!)

e= 0 (so far) just been packing the van so I been moving around a bit =)

snack= homemade cake X1 truffle X1 oreo crisps X1 (100) no idea how much cals for the cake and truffle. Guessing 300 and 100 min. Gotta burn that off for sure!

message 19: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Nice Kenjii. You kick ass at tracking what you do. Keep up the good work.

message 20: by Felisha (new)

Felisha (sunkissedthoughts) | 175 comments Looks like your keeping up on things, your tracking is great. Great job!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I have fallen behind since moving in but I will report in soon. Promise. I love getting in the groove and sticking with it. I have several shopping plazas about 5 mins from home (a bookstore too, egads!). So I can finally have some scenary on my walks.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments If you do your walking at night, you can window shop the bookstore and you can't actually go in and buy anything. lol

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Good idea Briansgirl!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 2-13 through 2-17, moving into new home. Lots of fast food. And unpacking!

2-18-09
walk to plaza= 5 5 5 (each "5" means continuous minutes of walking) total for the day 15 mins.

water: X X ( I think I probably had more, but I did not record it)

Daily goal to record my weight loss tracking better (lol)

2-19-09
water= X X X X X X X X

ex= none =(

snack= chocolate cookie with cream center (like cakester from oreo), also several shortbread cookies with coffee. Went a little nuts!

message 25: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 407 comments Lots of water intake! Thats good :D

I need to drink more water for sure.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Whenever I finish a bottle/cup I make sure there is another ice cold cup/bottle waiting for me =)

message 27: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Hey fast food and cookies might not have been the greatest idea. But I so get it, you're moving, unpacking - all the hustle and stress. But I'm sure that once things settle down, your food would get back on track as well. Plus, I bet you're burning tons of calories unpacking and arranging stuff :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Kasia: This is true! I was moving box after box up the walk and then wheeling them with the dolly from room to room. I am slowly unpacking and trying to make sense of this mess.

If I eat junk food I try and always include a salad or something green (or fruit or veggies). I once heard that if its brown (or colorless) it's probably not healthy. Think beans, rice, bread, red meat ALL things fried lol. But adding a fruit, veggie or salad does help. In times when you just can't help but eat junk =)

message 29: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Mar 01, 2009 09:15PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I have been doing well this week. Still workingon my water intake. Snacking has been cut done to about 200 cals snacks. I have been tracking but not consistantly enough to post.

*3-1-09 so far....12 noon

water= X X X X 9pm X X X X
exer.= x x x x (squats x=10) 9pm X
HCS= X X X coffee cookies (in place of breakfast had coffee and dipping cookies. Guessing cals. are 2-3 @ 140 cals. per serv) 9 PM carmel popcorn w/ peanuts (2/3 cup = 130 cals) x x

*will edit for added information =)

message 30: by Kasia (new)

Kasia yumm coffee!

I'm always amazed by the amount of water that you're drinking ;)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I drink a lot of water b/c I always feel thirsty! LOL! I think it's the meds. I take. Some days when I drink more coffee or tea tho I drink less water.

message 32: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Mar 10, 2009 10:17PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 3-2-09
w=X X X X
e= 20 mins walk
snack=

3-3-09 no record

3-4-09
w= x x x x x x x
e=x (squats)
s= x x(nature valley bars 1 sev. 140cals.)making salads using cucumbers and beets and one shot spray sprizters. 1 0r 2 cals per spray =)

3-5-09
XXXX(no record)

3-6-09
w= x x x x x x x x
e= light housework 30-45 mins.
snack= pecan sandies 1 sevr=140 cals. XX

3-7-09
w=XXXXXXXX
e=X (squats)
snack= cookies 140cals XX

message 33: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments *big star for Kenjii* Great tracking.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I am doing well on food and getting up and doing more moving around. might lose a pound or 2 yet!

message 35: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Never give up Kenjii, never!
And Yz is right, you're great at tracking.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 3-8-09
w=XXXX
e= walked the mall about 2 hours
s= pecan sandies 1 serv 140 XX

3-9-09
w=XXXXXXXXX
s= peanut bar nature valley XX
e= 15 mins low impact cardio X
X(squats)

3-10-09
w=XXXXXX
e= XXX (squats)
s= WAAAY over board but didnt feel like eating real food, lol peanut bars XXXX

goal: increase exercise by 1.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Hey Kasia, Yz: I feel more purposeful when I am tracking regularly. I'd like to be able to see my progress from 1-2 on exercises to like 10, lol. You know? Its a good visual booster. Its a pain to have to remind myself to do it. But its worth it in the end.

message 38: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I've learned to make it work without writing stuff down; after a while of tracking what I eat, it always starts to drive me crazy. But it also pushes me to stay on track. Clearly for you it works no matter what. Awesome!

message 39: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3546 comments You are doing great Kenjii. Tracking to this extent has always made me nuts but hey whatever works. Keep up the good work!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 3-11-09
w=XXXXXX
e=XX(squats)
X(leg lifts 50 each leg)
snack/sweets= crab puffs XXXX cals.?

goal: add cardio 5 mins.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Thanks guys! I try and doing my tracking everyday, it helps =)

message 42: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Mar 14, 2009 04:16PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments Kenjii wrote: "Thanks guys! I try and doing my tracking everyday, it helps =)"

I'd feel too guilty if I tracked it every day as I know I don't exercise enough or eat right.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 3-12-09 to 3-15-09

day 1
water= x x x x x x x x
exercise= x x (sqauts) light cardio 20 mins
snack= peanut bar x x
day 2
water= x x x x x x x x
exercise= light cardio 15 mins
snack= pecan sandies= x x peanut bar x x
day 3
water= x x x x
exercise= x x x x x (squats x=10) leg lifts x (x=10 per leg)
snack= pecan sandies x x .5 peanut bar= x x x
day 3
water= x x x x x x
exercise= squats x x
snack= peanut bar x x x
day 4
water= x x x x x x x x
exercise= x x squats light cardio= 10 mins. shopping 15-20 mins.
snack= pecan sandies x x

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Briansgirl: It is hard b/c I KNOW I don't do enough. But I want to improve my habits. So I need to see where that needs to happen. Tracking def. sheds light on that =D

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments Kenjii wrote: "Briansgirl: It is hard b/c I KNOW I don't do enough. But I want to improve my habits. So I need to see where that needs to happen. Tracking def. sheds light on that =D"

oh they say writing down everything you eat in a book is the best way to improve your diet. I just can't do it. I HATE doing it! I actualy rebel against it. lol I do try to make wise food choices where I can but I am a picky eater so I'm never going to have celery for my afternoon snack! And being diabetic I have to eat (meal or snack) every 4 hours, or I'm suppose to. And it's not just making the food log, I was suppose to be figuring calories or fat grams for everything I ate. It's bad enough looking up foods in a book but if you cook alot from scratch you have then disect your recipe and add it up yourself and divide by how many servings you think are in it. ARGH!! I felt like a bloody accountant. lol It was too much. I've only done it when a diabetic nurse forced me too. If you can do it - great! go for it, as it certainly helps. It's just one of those things that didn't work well for me.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Briansgirl: I see what you mean. I keep it simple. Easy. If I miss a couple days. I just pick up where I left off. I am tracking just need to post it now!

message 47: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Uhum, Kenjii - you reign supreme when it comes to tracking. I on the other hand identify with Briansgirl. I guess different things work for different people. Oops, cliché... sorry.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments 3-16 to 3-28

I have not been tracking regularly but I have been doing exercise and eating well. I drink water but not as much as 8 glasses a day. Been averaging about 4 glases or so a day. I have not had my meds regular as I am waiting to see a Dr. When I am waiting to transfer from out of state things are always a delay. The Dr.'s don't worry if your sick though. I am grateful I am able to get up and feel like doing my little exercising. Visiting groups and reading as usual.

Goal: Get back on track with tracking =D

message 49: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Seems like despite it all you're just fine. So glad.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I feel I have been doing OK. I just don't want these last couple weeks to become a habit =)

« previous 1