What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Protagonist is a writer with writers block who starts stealing from his neighbors to get the juices flowing again

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caine (last edited Oct 04, 2012 12:07AM) (new)

Caine Dorr (cainedorr) | 12 comments The book is about a professional author and father who just lost his wife and he's now blocked from writing. He can't write he's not getting paid and times are tough. Some neighbors throw a party to show him some support and sympathy and he goes up stairs and robs them (pretty much on the spur of the moment - maybe sleeping pills - maybe cash, can't remember).

This enables him to write more so he continues to do it. Its a sort of mystery/thriller book featuring an average guy: the writer/father obviously.

I am 95% sure that the book is entitled HOT PROWL (or something very very similar). The book I'm looking for is NOT written by Herbert D. Kastle - NOT WRITTEN BY KASTLE - that's not the book.

Anyone?

message 2: by Caine (new)

Caine Dorr (cainedorr) | 12 comments This is the first time I've posted to this group and not discovered the book I was looking for in under a week after posting. Weird.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6961 comments Mod
Caine--if every other book you've posted has been found that fast--I envy you. I still have a few that its been YEARS since I listed them. . .

message 4: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20572 comments Mod
Caine, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20572 comments Mod
No response, moving to Abandoned.