twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
New Moon Movie > Leaked New Moon Casting Call

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Initial New Moon Casting Calls Leaked

Here are the first set of casting calls for New Moon, courtesy SpoilerTV, who also indicate that filming starts in Vancouver during March (spoilers ahead)–

Quileute:

* Sam Uley: 20 years old, he is a tall, strong Quileute Indian with cropped hair and a fierce expression, he is the leader of the wolf pack.
* Jared and Paul: 17 and 18 years old, respectively. They are Quileute Indians, friends of Sam’s, with cropped hair, sleeveless shirts and cut offs. They watch Bella with ferocity in their eyes. They are in the wolf pack.
* Embry Call: 16 years old, he is a tall, thin, laid back Quileute Indian with chin-length black hair. He is Jacob’s friend and eventually becomes a wolf.
* Quil Ateara: 16 years old, he is a short, stocky, feisty Quileute Indian with short black hair. Also Jacob’s friend, he is the last one to morph into a wolf.
* Emily: 20 years old, she is a beautiful Quileute Indian with a long dark face. She is Sam’s girlfriend. One half of her face has been mangled with scars and lines and a twisted mouth and a pulled eye.
* Harry Clearwater: 46 years old, he is a stout Quileute Indian with dark braids, a protruding stomach and a kind face. He is part of the search party for Bella, and then later for the “monster” in the woods.

Italy/Vampires:

* Marcus and Caius: Volturi, the equivalent of vampire royalty, they are fierce killers. They are dressed in rich silk robes, each with long hair that falls loose around their face and they have translucent, onion-like white skin.
* Felix: 20’s, a stunningly handsome hooded figure with unsettling burgundy-red eyes, he is one of the Volturi guards. Felix is large, tall, and thick and very dangerous.
* Demetri: 20’s, also a Volturi guard, Demetri is slender and elegant….he is more gracious than Felix, but no less dangerous.
* Jane: A slender and petite young woman, hooded, with a Botticelli angel-like face, she is also a Volturi guard. Jane has crimson irises. Demetri and Felix are three times the size of her but are terrified of her.
* Alec: Jane’s twin brother and a member of the Volturi guards.
* Heidi: A beautiful vampire who leads a group of tourists. She gives a flirtatious smile to Demetri.

Notably absent is Leah and Aro.....–have they already been cast?

message 2: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Im sad to see Embry on there...I really wanted Krys Ivorey to come back...

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments Wait a minute! They're replacing Solomon Trimble and Krys? Wasn't expecting that! Any info as to why?

message 4: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

None...I dont know how accurate this thing is...I found it on the newmoonmovie.org website....

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments Wow. I can't believe they would replace Krys. I was okay with Solomon, but I definitely loved Krys. So have you heard about the actress America Young? The rumor mill says she's being considered for Emily. She's pretty, but she's no Q'Orianka Kilcher.

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie | 40 comments It has been forever since I google Twilight / New Moon news so inspired by this thread I did today! I found this little article regarding Leah Clearwater's character. I am happy to hear VH won't be apart of the flick. To Disney for my taste I am still routing for Mila Kunis even though I haven't heard any buzz about her being considered for the part. Enjoy the article. This explains why Leah Cleawater is not on the casting call sheet. Don't know about Aero though.

Article below as well as link.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articl...

The latest scoop in the world of "New Moon" casting is that "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens, who recently auditioned for the role of Leah Clearwater for the "Twilight" sequel, probably won't be getting the part anytime soon.

Why? Well, apparently the character of Leah Clearwater won't appear until after "New Moon."

"I'm not sure about [final:] casting, but I had heard Vanessa Hudgens was going up for the part of Leah [Clearwater, a werewolf:]," Melissa Rosenberg, who wrote both films, told People at the 61st Annual Directors Guild of America Awards. "But at the moment, the part of Leah doesn't happen until the third movie."

There's already been a lot of speculation that Dakota Fanning might be joining the cast of "New Moon" as vampire Jane, but Rosenberg didn't reveal any big news other than the fact that everybody is already gearing up for the film's shooting.

"Well, you know Taylor Lautner will be back as Jacob Black. I can tell you the original cast will all be coming back," she said. "They're on set right now in Vancouver. They're all up there prepping the movie to start shooting very soon."

But Rosenberg was very open to talking about Chris Weitz taking over for director Catherine Hardwicke on the sequel. "[He:] directed 'The Golden Compass,' which was a beautiful-looking film," Rosenberg said. "And I think it's wonderful we have someone who has worked with CGI animals ... that will be a big part of 'New Moon.' I'm delighted we have someone who's so expert at that.

message 7: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Yeah I heard about America young...I actually posted some pics of her...I will have to see if I can find them...

message 8: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Ok I bumped it up so it should be under general....shes ok...I really like the girl we chose though...

message 9: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:22AM) (new)

Heres something from today about the whole Leah thing...

The casting rumors about “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens appearing in “New Moon,” the Chris Weitz-directed sequel to the massively successful “Twilight” were deflated even more this weekend when the screenwriter
for both films told People Magazine that the character Hudgens allegedly auditioned for won’t even be in the film.

Melissa Rosenberg, the screenwriter of “Twilight” and “New Moon,” ran into a People write at the 61st Annual Directors Guild of America Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday night and said, “I’m not sure about [final:] casting but I had heard Vanessa Hudgens was going up for the part of Leah [Clearwater, a werewolf:]. But at the moment, the part of Leah doesn’t happen until the third movie.”

Rosenberg did not rule out the possiblity of Vanessa Hudgens appearing in future “Twilight” movies, the inevitable “Breaking Dawn” and “Eclipse,” and didn’t mention anything about the rumors that Dakota Fanning has auditioned for a role.

The writer did drop a few other inside tidbits about the production of “New Moon”:

“Well, you know Taylor Lautner will be back as Jacob Black. I can tell you the original cast will all be coming back. They’re on set right now, in Vancouver! They’re all up there prepping the movie to start shooting very soon.”

Rosenberg also commented on the change in director from Catherine Hardwicke on “Twilight” to Chris Weitz on “New Moon,” “Chris Weitz directed The Golden Compass, which was a beautiful-looking film. And I think it’s wonderful we have someone who has worked with CGI animals … that will be a big part of New Moon. I’m delighted we have someone who’s so expert at that.”

“Twilight,” which stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Ashley Greene and Taylor Lautner from director Catherine Hardwicke, has grossed $178 million domestically. This has put the “New Moon” sequel into production immediately and has spawned a series of casting rumors. Other books in the Stephenie Meyer series include “Eclipse” and “Breaking Dawn”.

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments I REALLY want them to leave Vanessa Hudgens out of the running for LEah. Period. As Angie remarked, she's way too Disney. Stephanie, as for who we wanted for Emily, let's hope for the best. Q'Orianka just seems perfect for that role. I still can't believe they got rid of Krys.

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ME 2!!!!! Y ISNT LEAH IN NM????

WAIT IF LEAH ISNT IN NM THEN Y IS STUPID VANNESSSAAAAA FREAKIN HUDGENS LEAH??? IM CONFUDELD!!! grrr *runs around in a circle*

message 12: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I know...he was so cute and perfect for the role of Embry...

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments hun?

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments hun?

message 15: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Yay! The Volturi are almost all in! WAIT WHO'S ARO!??!

What about Seth!?

message 16: by Karina (new)

Karina So does that mean that they didn't give Dakota the part of Jane? Cause Jane was listed up there.

message 17: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Darn.....

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina I think Ben Barnes wanted to be Aro.

message 19: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments He should be! He's soo hooottt!

message 20: by Karina (new)

Karina Yeah but Aro's supposed to not be so hott...

message 21: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Well yeah....... wow. but vampires look good.... wow, this is hard. An old relatively good-looking guy.

message 22: by Karina (new)

Karina they didn't look that amazing in the movie. they looked better in my head.

message 23: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Yeah, that too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.