The Master and Margarita
This topic is about The Master and Margarita
Member's reviews

Comments (showing 1-50 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mary (last edited Sep 06, 2012 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Post the link to your review here.

And/or follow this link for group members ratings/reviews:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show_b...

Aloha | 51 comments Thanks, Ian. I'll read all the reviews when I'm done with the book. I'm almost done, but I'd like to go through the P&V translation, too.

message 4: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Thanks, Aloha, it's a patient review and will wait for your love.

Aloha | 51 comments I'm sure I'll love it. All your reviews are lovable. You can pack them in vials and sell them as love potions.

message 6: by Kris (last edited Sep 04, 2012 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris (krisrabberman) | 313 comments Mod
It's a beautifully written review. I think the layers of interpretation come together with great insight. Bulgakov would have approved.

message 7: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments I would like to travel back in time and be a medieval alchemist. I could make love potions for a little vial and then return.

Just make sure the potions are not vile.

Aloha | 51 comments Don't vial your time away, though, because you may cause a paradox.

message 10: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aloha wrote: "Don't vial your time away, though, because you may cause a paradox."

And be considered a quack.

Aloha | 51 comments With vialent repercussions.

message 12: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments I used to wear a paradox in my punk days. I had to sell them to pay for my duck bill. (What do you get if you cross a road with a duck bill? A lot of strange looks.)

message 13: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Did you get a waddle money for them?

Aloha | 51 comments I'd rather have a paradox than a duck bill. I can eat for months with a paradox.

message 15: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

So many options for meals - you can just wing it.

Aloha | 51 comments Kris wrote: "So many options for meals - you can just wing it."

And that's no bull.

message 17: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Aloha wrote: "With vialent repercussions."

I'd ensure you didn't feel vialated.

message 18: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Aloha wrote: "I'd rather have a paradox than a duck bill. I can eat for months with a paradox."

Give a man a duck and you feed him for a day. Give a man a paradox and you confuse him (or turn him into a philosopher). Teach a man to duck and he'll avoid banging his head for a lifetime.

message 19: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Kris wrote: "Did you get a waddle money for them?"

No, but I walked away in the webbed feet of intrigue.

message 20: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hope that didn't get you down.

message 21: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments I needed a ladder to get down off my duck.

message 22: by Kris (last edited Sep 04, 2012 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian wrote: "I needed a ladder to get down off my duck."

I hope you didn't slip on your way down -- your bill could be rung if that happened.

message 23: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments I'm thinkin' about my duck bill, When ya gonna ring it, when ya gonna ring it?

message 24: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Where is Aloha? She was going to let me inspect her new private avatar.

message 25: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian wrote: "I'm thinkin' about my duck bill, When ya gonna ring it, when ya gonna ring it?"

{humming The White Stripes now - not a bad thing}

Aloha | 51 comments Sorry, I was away from my desk. What do you think I do, hang out at Goodreads all day? Yes, I still have to make that new profile picture. It'd be more colorful than this neutral one I've got. Love that picture.

Ian wrote: "Where is Aloha? She was going to let me inspect her new private avatar."

message 27: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments Aloha wrote: "Sorry, I was away from my desk. What do you think I do, hang out at Goodreads all day? Yes, I still have to make that new profile picture. It'd be more colorful than this neutral one I've got. ..."

All will be forgiven if you do a Pillow Book avatar

Aloha | 51 comments Here it is.

message 29: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian "Marvin" Graye | 68 comments That's even better than I was expecting.

message 31: by Jason (new) - rated it 1 star

Jason (ancatdubh2) | 64 comments I started reading your review, Terry, but then stopped. I promise promise promise I will get to them all after I'm done. I don't want to be influenced!

Also, people should be aware of this very super special link here which takes you to everybody's reviews: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show_b...

Terry  (Dulac3) | 12 comments No prob Jason...I wanted to make sure I marked it as containing spoilers since I don't want to ruin anyone's experience of the book.

message 33: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Jason wrote: "Also, people should be aware of this very super special link here which takes you to everybody's reviews"

Thank you!

Aloha | 51 comments Ian's review done. Several more to go. I have a social engagement tomorrow and can't read or write reviews. I get more things done when I'm anti-social. Blech!

message 36: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I am having a Wolan inspired hell of a time trying to review this book.

message 37: by Moira (new) - added it

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 22 comments Ian wrote: "I would like to travel back in time and be a medieval alchemist. I could make love potions for a little vial and then return."

You could work here! http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com...

message 38: by Moira (new) - added it

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 22 comments Jason wrote: "Also, people should be aware of this very super special link here which takes you to everybody's reviews"

Oh, that's neat.

message 39: by Mary (last edited Sep 09, 2012 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aloha | 51 comments I finally figured out how I'm going to approach the review. Now, I need to find time to do it.

message 41: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim (Neurprof58) | 54 comments Here is my original review from a year ago (first reading):

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

It's pretty minimal. I got so much more of the detail in this second reading, especially with the group discussions and background links from Kris and others.

I would like to write another, longer review, but it may be some time before I get to that. In the meantime, I hope to contribute a few more ideas to the discussion threads.

For now, let's just say I was completely blown away by the wonder of it all on this second passage! Thanks to everyone for making it such a memorable voyage.:)

Aloha | 51 comments I can't wait to see your longer review, Jim.

message 43: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim (Neurprof58) | 54 comments Thanks, Aloha!

Megan Baxter | 4 comments Here's my review.

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (NathanNRGaddis) For as little as it's worth, me review:

Madeleine (titular_line) | 14 comments My review (in which sobriety makes no appearance 'cause I'm a lady of my word) lives here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 47: by Jason (new) - rated it 1 star

Jason (ancatdubh2) | 64 comments OH! Golly, I almost forgot to post this in here.

Could you imagine?

B0nnie | 4 comments Фу ты черт! damn that 1 star.

Nataliya | 59 comments B0nnie wrote: "Фу ты черт! damn that 1 star."

Bonnie, I love this comment with my whole heart :)

B0nnie | 4 comments ha ha Я притворяюсь иногда говорят на русском! yay!

« previous 1