TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Major Crimes

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I just watched the first episode of Major Crimes yesterday.

I have always liked the supporting cast and am glad they are allowed to continue. They have families and are enjoying what they are doing--it is a win-win for the audience!

I am not sure that I like the Rusty character, but I will give it a chance. Worst case scenario would involve fast-forwarding!

message 2: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I am not surprised that the guys (mainly Provenza) are giving Raydor a hard time. First, the way that the men were notified of this change was not good for morale. Also, the men were not supportive of Brenda when she first started. Flynn was really horrible to her at first. I think Taylor also had some issues with Brenda.

At the end of the first episode, I liked Raydor's line to the murderer, "Deal or no deal".

Yes, Raydor is no Brenda, but I do appreciate her for who she is. Give the show a chance!

message 3: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments I do like it. I love Provenza and Flynn. The were they are with each other and Raydor, they both did not like Brenda when she first came on either. Provenza is one of my favorites he is such a curmudgeon.

Let me know what you think when you watch the next couple of shows

message 4: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments Stacy - my we are on the fence bout Rusty too? Where is this going? We are learning a lot of personal stuff about Raydor awfully quickly.

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I watched the second show yesterday and got a kick out of the "hanging Chad" retort.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I miss Kyra but I am really liking fresh approach!

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I am caught up now.

I really enjoyed Michael Weatherly as the life coach in the most recent episode. I hope he returns; he was funny!

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments He was awesome, Stacy! I was laughing out loud for real xoxo

message 9: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I'm behind a few episodes but I have to say I am enjoying the Rusty story. It's different. Lightens the mood at times and give a whole different perspective to Raydor.

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Roxy wrote: "I'm behind a few episodes but I have to say I am enjoying the Rusty story. It's different. Lightens the mood at times and give a whole different perspective to Raydor."

Yeah, I'm warming to Rusty as well.

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I love Rusty, and love the working relationship between Provenza and Sharon. It hasn't been this good on Closer for a while, so I'm happy they changed now.

message 12: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments Its kind of weird to see Provenza be so take-charge. They made him a lot more bumbling in The Closure. Im not sure if they handled that transition well.

message 13: by Holli (new)

Holli this was renewed for another season

message 14: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I'm hooked on the Rusty story line. What do we think of Daniel? Do we trust him? I want to but when he explained to Prevenza why he came he made it seem like he was going to check Rusty out to see if he' was safe to bring around his future step kids. That sounds bad and good. I can't figure it out.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I think Daniel is going to be okay, but I love Rusty and I hope he stays with Sharon and just visits with his father. MAJOR CRIMES is my fave of all the cop shows on tv right now. The story lines, the acting, the characters are so compelling.

message 16: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I've still love all the characters and interactions but Rusty is what has kept my interested, made it different the the other shows right now. Or perhaps its the concept of the ongoing story line that kept me interested.

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Exactly, but I think it has just become a more cohesive show than THE CLOSER has been for the last season or so. xo

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I like the Rusty story line too. Now that his Dad turned out to be a jerk it will be interesting how his place in the show is handled.

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Too bad this isn't on ABC--they could do a tie-in with Revenge!

I'm looking forward to Rusty's dad getting a little lesson in karma!

message 20: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Aw, now we have to wait till the summer!

Oh, well, at least it's been renewed.

message 21: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jediTimothy) | 599 comments Damn I thought we were getting rid rusty.

message 22: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Major Crimes started back up this week...who's watching it?

It seems to me like they write their new characters in broad strokes. Last season, they had the new woman on the squad make lots of rookie mistakes even though she had transferred from vice squad. This season, they have a new deputy DA who is coming off as brash and thoughtless. I would expect a DA to have better instincts about interrogating and people skills.

But I still like this show anyway.

message 23: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Love the relationship between Provenza and Rusty.

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Me too, Stacy! I am liking better than last seasons of Brenda Lee show for sure. xo

message 25: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I agree Stacy with both your comments

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I love Raydor's ex! I'd be very interested in (briefly) seeing the Raydor children.

message 27: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I was recently thinking the same thing

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 29: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Holli wrote: "renewed for another season"

One of my favorites!

message 30: by Kuki (last edited Aug 16, 2013 07:46PM) (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments I like this show. My favorite characters are Lt Flynn and Lt Provenza.

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments I believe that this is starting back up next week.

message 32: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Yes it is on Monday 11/25. Can't wait

message 33: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments Huh. I forgot about this thread. HAs anyone been watching this season?

message 34: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Yes and still loving the infusion of humor overall.

message 35: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I was excited to see The Huxtable but disappoint his role was so minor.

message 36: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Yes still watching. It still a very good show.

message 37: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I am glad they didn't leave the Rusty story with a major cliffhanger this week though I am a little worried that Rusty is going with Pravenza. I'd think he'd be much safer with Sanchez.

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Me too, Roxy. I don't want him away from Sharon though. He needs her more than ever now.

message 39: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments He's not really being taken away from her, just basically sleeping somewhere else. Though since the killer figured out to what detail he was being watched and breached the security, I would think all of the teams homes would be just as unsafe as Sharon's.

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments My point exactly. They need to move her & him elsewhere. They know killer is freaky serial guy now.

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The third season begins on 6/9

message 42: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 926 comments Am watching a new episode right now!

message 43: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments It was good as always.

message 44: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 108 comments Still not liking the whole Rusty storyline. Although it does have some choice moments.

message 45: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments I like Rusty. I think he grounds the show.
I burst out laughing when Tao and Sanchez checked out the woman's (forgot her name) flowers.

message 46: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Roxy, did you watch last monday? What did you think about (view spoiler)

message 47: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments There was a new epsidoe this week. Is that the one you are talking about, with the body found in the sewer system? Or are you referring the episode from the mid-season finale. All questions still relevant though I don't remember Rusty's mom saying that this week but do remember her saying it previously.

I'm good with Sharon R adopting Rusty. It helps him to really know that she will always be there for him and he no longer has to feel alone or think his junkie-mom is all he has.
I've always wondered about Andy and Sharon too. I think they could be good together but don't know how it would work in the office. Didn't she go with him to his daughter's wedding?

message 48: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Roxy there was a new show this past monday about a surrogate mom. Yes Andy and Sharon went to his daughter wedding but they have also hinted that they have gone to dinner a few times. You are right Rusty's mom said those things in the episode with the body found in the sewer system.

message 49: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (Roxy_NJ) | 2775 comments yeah rusty's mom passed me off. when she said to him "I will always be your mother" it turned my stomach because it sounded like a threat.

message 50: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Roxy, I hope the keep the relationship between Lt Provenza he should be happy. I am glad Rusty and Sharon's kids are getting along. I wished the kids would have listen to Rusty and told her about their dad drinking again.

« previous 1