Sherlock Holmes discussion

The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)
This topic is about The Hound of the Baskervilles
Story Discussions > Hound of the Baskervilles

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alsjem | 40 comments I read this yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Do any of the TV adaptations live up to it?

Mary (mary694) | 19 comments The only adaptation I have seen is the recent BBC Sherlock one. Personally, I didn't like their version of Hounds at all, but the rest of the series was excellent.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
I have this graphic novel version of it. It's really cool. :)))

Krystal | 84 comments The Jeremy Brett version is vary good it is a lot like the book.

Alsjem | 40 comments Thanks, I will look into the Jeremy Brett one.

I've been wanting to read the graphic novels for ages.

Krystal | 84 comments No problem I know you can see it on YOUTUBE

Amelia May | 6 comments This was the first Holmes story I ever read.
Looking back it was a strange place to start but I don't think such a bad one because it's very good.
I didn't get into the series as a whole until after I saw the film (with Robert Downey Jr) a bit after.
I haven't seen any adaptations yet but I'm watching/loving BBC Sherlock at the moment so I'll see that soon =)

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) | 2 comments I have seen the movie an read the book, but I think the book is much better, it explains stuff really nicely/

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
Wow, there's a movie? I did not know that. Is it one of those old ones?

Krystal | 84 comments There is a lot of movies about this story. Some are really strange and share only the title and parts of the plot but some are really good. The one that is close to the book is Jeremy Brett as Holmes.

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) | 2 comments I dont know if it is old or new. But, I know this that the movie I saw was British.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw the episode on BBC's Sherlock. I was my favorite one.

Krystal | 84 comments BBC Sherlock theirs has a lot from the original story and others mixed in as well.

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
This one is superfantabulous. :) And so is the BBC: Sherlock version of it... ;D

Stevie | 10 comments Alsjem wrote: "I read this yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Do any of the TV adaptations live up to it?"

I agree with Krystal, actually all of the Jeremy
Brett Movies/shows that I have seen were really great.

Krystal | 84 comments Lynn there are some of Bretts work that the writers distoryed the story.

Emily (emilydodd221) I watched the BBC version, now I'm reading the book. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss did a really good job of it, especially all the minor details, e.g,
Conan Doyle sherlock: Now please don't hesitate to smoke
BBC Sherlock: Now shut up and smoke!

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
XD True dat! XD

message 19: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 26 comments Obvious differences between then and now.

message 20: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
Yep. ;)

Emily (emilydodd221) Yay! I finished the Hound of the Baskervilles yesterday!

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel | 405 comments Mod
Did you love it? :)))

Hannah | 17 comments This is my absolute favorite story!!! I don't think it's possible for any film adaptation to live up to the story, but that's just me :)

Emily (emilydodd221) Yes! I haven't read many, they're really hard to get hold of in the library. I really want to read A Study In Scarlet. Anyway, back on track. I really did love it, it will probably be my favourite. Is it just me or did it seem easier to read than the others?

Renee M Emily-
You can get loads of them free on the web, both in print and on audio, since they are considered "public domain." It's worth looking into.

johanna (johannad_m) It was great :D One of those books where I kept turning pages before I'd finished the one before, lol.