Study Buddies discussion

Ask Maria > Book Tour

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindybuchanan) | 159 comments Do you think you'll ever make it up to Oregon/Washington? Powell's Bookstore is the biggest new and used bookstore in the country. They do a lot of signings and things. Could you be persuaded? : ) I don't know how many of us fans are up here in the NW, but I'd guess a lot.

message 2: by Gisela (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 180 comments *sigh* How about Puerto Rico? We only have Borders here,maybe if you took a vacation afterwards to enjoy the sun and the beach?
*Hangs head disappointedly*

I know it's not so easy as it sounds...

*sigh*

message 3: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindybuchanan) | 159 comments I know. How about a MVS convention in Puerto Rico!?! Then we'd all have an excuse to go on vacation.

message 4: by Gisela (last edited Feb 01, 2009 07:21PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 180 comments LOL! That sounds fun! I know many of you are having freezing temperatures right now, so I won't tell you that outside it's a nice 69 degrees...

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 175 comments Wow! I would love to go to Puerto Rico! While I don't live in freezing conditions (Santa Cruz, CA) hanging out in a place where I can scuba dive in warm water (not 50 degrees or below!) sounds really nice! :)
And of course, hanging with all you talking about MVS books would be more than wonderful!

message 6: by Meme (new)

Meme (mstylp) | 519 comments yes Puerto Rico is very far from me :(, Maria came close to me and I had to miss it, I am still kicking myself for that one but maybe she will come to Asheville NC sometime. I can always hope.

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 511 comments I vote for Chicagoland area! We have some great bookstores out here that would probably love to have you Maria!

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments I would love to be able to come to all those places, unfortunately my publisher only pays for certain events and the rest I pay for on my own. Also my family limits my promotion time - that and I still need to write books :)

However, that's not to say I won't ever come to your area (my husband travels a lot for business)- and a trip could be planned in the future. Check my appearances page on my website from time to time or subscribe to my free bi-monthly email newsletter - the form is on my website in the News section :)

PS: Mindy - I was in Seattle during my book tour for Poison Study - in October 2005. Unfortunately, no one knew I existed then - I was also in LA, San Diego and Birmingham, AL (Don't ask - it's a long story :)

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tealibrarian) | 56 comments My day off to see you has been confirmed. See you in Scottsdale at the Poisoned Pen!

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Wonderful news Tracy! See you in AZ!

message 11: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 10 comments For those who aren't able to meet with Maria in person, she has graciously accepted and invitation to do an exclusive ONLINE Bitten by Books interview with us AND give away several copies of her book. ;0) Be sure to friend me here on GR to get an invite / reminder. The date is Monday April 27, 2009 starting at about 10:30 am CDT. :) at http://bittenbybooks.com

I hope you all can stop by!

message 12: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 10 comments Hi everybody!!

Come by the blog today here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6472 and Meet this amazing author and enter to win 1 of 15 copies of her NEW Release "Storm Glass".

Direct Link To Event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6472

Remember to invite ALL of your friends! Also, stay tuned for the Jim Butcher interactive online interview on Wednesday, and the Virtual Release party for author Angie Fox on Thursday! It is going to be a wild and fun week at http://bittenbybooks.com/!!

Thanks for your support!

Rachel
http://bittenbybooks.com/
Bitten by Books - The Paranormal Fiction Site With Bite!

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tealibrarian) | 56 comments Had a wonderful afternoon meeting Maria today.

She really is the person she presents herself to be online. Gracious, excellent sense of humor, and incredibly interesting. Maria's depth of research really shows through when discussing everything from glass making to food tasting. Moreover, she's passionate to learn more. On her free time, she stopped by the Phoenix Botanical Gardens & learned about Arizona flora as well as admired the works of glass artist Chihuli.

Most of all, she's real. Maria is a Mom who happens to have the fortune of a career writing books. Her good fortune is my good fortune. Looking forward to a long & successful career (and more visits to Arizona!)

message 14: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 10 comments That is awesome! I am so glad you had a chance to meet her in person.

message 15: by Harlequin (new)

Harlequin Historical (historical) | 5 comments I met Maria last year at the RT in Pittsburgh. We had breakfast together and I have to agree, she is exactly like she hsows herself out here in the web world. I wish I had the opportunity to talk with her longer but there were so many of us at the table I couldn't ignore everyone else the entire time. LOL

I wonder if I could tempt her to come to Corning NY. They have an amazing Glass Museum and a section where you can watch their employees blowing glass.