Newbery Books discussion

Challenge?!?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (hissheep) I've always wanted to read each Newbery Award winner since it's inception - anyone up for the challenge??? If yes, shall we begin with the first winner and work forward or from the 2009 winner and back???

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 41 comments I think that's what's pretty much going on already here--and you can also check out newberryproject.blogspot.com. (Yes, it's spelled wrong). I read them all this summer, and it was a lot of fun!

message 3: by Luann (new)

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (hissheep) Luann wrote: "See also this thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...
"

Thanks, Luann, for directing me to this link ...

I'm wondering how to get this group really going and growing, since I think these books are TOPS and far better than many "adult" reads!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Lyons | 1 comments I certainly am planning to read them all; I want to write my MA on the award!

message 6: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 26 comments Also, the Children's Books group here on GR is just starting a Newbery challenge. They just started this month and are starting with the first Newbery winner & honors books.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 2 comments e-mail me at imponderabiliaof@yahoo.com if you're interested in doing a review (or a lot of reviews) for "The Newbery Project" blog that Wendy linked to up above. I'm one of the administrators now. You don't have to promise to read all of them, and there's no time limit!

It has been really fascinating to see all of the different things people focus on and the books different people hate and love.