harry potter haters discussion

harry needs to go to jail

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by david (new)

david | 6 comments Mod
he has depeved our childern from better education

message 2: by Snowsong (last edited Apr 26, 2008 03:05PM) (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) obviously, urs could use some improvement david. check ur spelling.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments they have deprived our children from a better education by making them think wizards r real and by the way kidz if u love harry potter so much then get out of our group 'cause ur not welcome here..

message 4: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) okay, i like harry potter. but dont kick me out! i can be reasonable, and i UNDERSTAND your point of view. and i NEVER thought wizards were real, at least, not because of Harry Potter. i read a TON, and there are plenty of OTHER authors who write about wizardry. I dont see you slamming on them.

message 5: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Capel (katerinajane) okay hey to all.

i just want to say that all the people in this group who hate harry potter are just plain narrow minded.

id like to hear some reasons people!!!

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) they are not narrow minded, per say, just against another book. haven't you ever read a book you despised with all your being? i have! but i haveactual reasons, other than "it sucked" and such.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments like i said before you need to leave ur not welcome.

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) im not leaving, as im defending you without any reason. maybe, if you make me leav, i'll just go make a NEW account, and join againm this time pretending to be what im not, and therefore, lying. is that what you want to show? that lying is okay? great message to send to kids, by the way. and some kindness could go a LONG way...

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments ur twisting her words. she isn't saying lying is okay. she would just like to ask u to please politely leave. srry. but i kinda wish that people who like harry potter should leave. Sorry for aiming it on u, because u aren't the worst.

Quit asking us questions on why we don't like him.

EXCEPT THE FACT THAT WE DON'T LIKE HP!

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) alright! geeze! NOW who's ganging up on whom? srry, but thats what it seems like to ME. well, im not leaving, srry if that makes you angry. i would like a reason, but accept that you wont tell me what about harry potter bugs you, other than you just dont like it. i can DEFINATELY understand ur views, as i think it got WAY unrealistic towards the end.

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments We wouldn't be ganging up on anyone, if ppl who like him wouldn't joined in the first place. Those ppl put US on defense because they are SO annoying!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments I don't like harry potter because...

*i think his books are pointless
*young boys DO read them and then they get involved with violent video games.
*I don't like things that everyone else enjoys - i like to be unique.
*I wanted to defend the ppl on here from all of the HORRIBLE ppl trying to force an opinion.

I HATE it when ppl force opinions!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments i think it's funny that u think he needs to go to jail. he he he!

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) btw, i am NOT forcing opinions here... and hp duznt make lil boys play violent video games... ex: my lil bro plays VIOLENT WAR GAMES, and he duznt even READ hp!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

how does hp cause violent video games? they have nothing to do w/each other?

message 16: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, that kinda confused me too... maybe the stuff harry DOES in the video games? dunno...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

*breathes deeply*
okay...
not a snowfoot-katie topic

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments what?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

nvm

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments can u stop?

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2008 10:52AM) (new)

david? are you crazy or something? not able to tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction?
the more you read, the easier it gets
the easier it gets, the more you read
reading anything at a higher or same level than you are already at is GOOD. reading is good for you, and HELPS your education!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

and boys are already involved in violent video games, it's the way boys are.
and yes, you people are narrow minded... like hermione!

message 23: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *glares at Maylienda* not really, but i prefer NOT to be called norrow minded! and reading is good, but please, dont insult intelligence levels. the way i read that, it sounded like u were talkin to a preschooler. if any of us here were preschoolers, we wouldnt ACT like them, cuz if theres a preschooler on the comp by themselves, ... im gonna stop now...

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Wow. Oh wow. I'm just sitting here laughing, and laughing, and laughing. This is rather entertaining. Please continue.

message 25: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, no, im done now... i was on a rant during one of my "crazy times" lol! err.... well, one of my "crazier times" lol, im always at crazy time... :P need sleep, but not that bored yet... :D

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yep, we all entitled to our own opinions! and i REALLY need sleep... 12 hrs or so total, ovr past 4 nites... NOT good for a teenager, lol! i got an hr last nite... *sigh* very, VERY bad Snowfoot! lol!!

message 28: by Morgan (new)

Morgan  | 31 comments Harry is a Fictinoal Person he is not reall. so you want the books to go to jail???

message 29: by Morgan (new)

Morgan  | 31 comments You are just stupied

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments yes i agree.

message 31: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *wonders how much to say* well, first, i used o be Snowfoot, but changed my name, and still slip up once in a while... and... *treading on thin ice* name calling isnt nice, wether or not u believe in religious things... *stops* k, im done now...

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» I think I'm in agreement with Snowsong. ((I see why you said Snowfoot once now!))

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

no, i wasn't calling religious people stupid. i'm religios! but i was saying some people are so religious that they say like any book that's not the bible is destroying minds and stuff. Trust me, religios people are NOT stupid. I wasn't trying to come off that way. I'm sorry.

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments yah, i mean i agree. it get's annoying when people who are 'lovers' completely egg on people who are not. i don't c what the big deal is, can't we (dislikers) discuss among ourselves, and u 'lovers' exit this group...i have not seen one person, besides snowsong, that really, truly wants to listen to us.

message 35: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *embarassed by being singled out* and Saved by Grace, i was kinda worried that u all would ahte me or sumfin for not really being religious... at all... and yes, arguing is annoying sumtimes, but i enjoy a good argument evryonce in a while... im sure u guys do to, though maybe ur sumtimes comes less often than mine duz, lol

message 36: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 21 comments Arguing is great, but every other word/sentence is a bit much! Don't cha think?

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments Yeah.

message 38: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i wasnt trying to argue every other word or sentence...

message 39: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 17 comments Okay, just saying that the "lovers" are getting quite, annoying.

message 40: by Morgan (new)

Morgan  | 31 comments Ok Saved by Grace I was just wondering how christian are you. HATE is a very powerfull word u know. In the Bible it says that if you have it is just as bad as killing........ so that makes me wondder about you. And how you are basically calling me unchristian......Tha is not really nice... so you can't call me bad!!!

message 41: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) See both sides to the story? Tht's what my dad does when my sblings have problems with each other. He gets both sides of the story. I think that's why I get along with most everybody here... i CAN see both sides.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "they have deprived our children from a better education by making them think wizards r real and by the way kidz if u love harry potter so much then get out of our group 'cause ur not welcome here.."

dearie, obviously they've deprived YOU of a better education if you can't even spell kids right.

And it's not depriving "our kids" of a better education, it's helping them because even though it's fantasy, they're still at a high school reading level.