College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > Questions for Jessica Z.'s author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
As many of you may remember..the author of this book has agreed to answer questions for our group discussion about the book and himself. So..while you are reading this book..if you think of any questions for the author..please feel free to start submitting them here so we can start a list for him. Clearly we can't ask him a million questions..so let's make them good! :)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (_jes) I don't know how great or relevant a question this would be, but I'm curious as to what Josh's letters to his parents said. He's so cryptic sometimes (maybe all the time) and then his mother tells Jessica how much she meant to him? I was expecting him to be insane! I wonder what the letters would have revealed about Josh's personality and his relationships with the world around him.

message 3: by sara frances (new)

sara frances (sara_frances) I agree with you, Audra. He does a beautiful job writing from a woman's POV. It says he's married, so I assume that just being married helped him get more in touch with how women think.

message 4: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) I would love to know about the letters too.
As well as if Jessica really loved Josh? Or was he just a stand-in for Patrick? Oh, I loved this book!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily I don't know if you've already asked him questions or not, but I just finished the book and I as wondering how he got in touch with his feminent side. Since so much of this book is about sex and relationships and he is clearly not a girl in his twenties...did he base anything off past relationships or women he knew at that age? and if so how did modernize it? on a whole i think that he did a pretty good job, but there were definitely moments when I felt like a guy was writing it. lol. what do you guys think?

message 6: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
no we haven't sent them to him yet..i'm thinking at the beginning of March we will once people start posting more questions and finish reading it.

message 7: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
My main question would be: Since they say you write what you know, which character does he personally relate to the most? Is he Patrick, Josh, Danny, Joe or even Gert? I am hoping Danny. He made me laugh.

Regarding the female point of view question. While reading this, it seemed to me that maybe Jessica is based on a sister or close cousin. Maybe possibly even an ex girlfriend or his wifes younger years. The closeness between Jessica and her sister, could be because he was that close to his sister? Just speculating.....

One last question: What was the basis of using bombings in the story line? Is it a reflection of his political views or was it to prove the point of how pointless and irrational terrorism is?

I could probably go on and on, but I will stop now.