European Royalty: K. u. K. Habsburgs discussion

Kronprinz Rudolf and Mayerling

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 23 comments Mod
There is a nice glossy photo-filled article about this called "Death in the Vienna Woods" by Gabriel Ronay in the September 2008 History Today issue.

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 23 comments Mod
Also an exhibition called "Crown Prince Rudolf: Traces of a Life" in Vienna, which just closed yesterday. Anyone see it -- and did an exhibition catalogue get published?

message 3: by Katri (new)

Katri (Valancy) | 6 comments I sadly didn't see the exhibition - I wanted to go to Vienna before it closed, but it didn't work out. But I've heard good things about it from people who've seen it.

Thanks for the tip about the article, I'll keep that in mind the case I have a chance to find the magazine.

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 23 comments Mod
New book about Rudolf from 2009:

Haslinger, Ingrid. "Rudolf war immer ein guter Sohn" - Mayerling war ganz anders: Neue Dokumente und Zeitzeugnisse. Almathea, 2009.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (violaashford) | 5 comments Jenna wrote: "There is a nice glossy photo-filled article about this called "Death in the Vienna Woods" by Gabriel Ronay in the September 2008 History Today issue."

Thank you, Jenna. I hope that it's in the library!

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 23 comments Mod
If you can't find it - I can look and see if my library still has a copy; I am happy to photocopy and mail it to you.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (violaashford) | 5 comments Hi Jenna,

Thank you very much! I will look it up in the library today.