Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > People cannot buy my novel from goodreads

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Tyson (JessieBTyson) | 14 comments Can someone help me please? The links to my ebook/novel "White Heaven Women" released 7th August 2012 as ebook and August 25, 2012 as paperback to Amazon dot com do not work here. I've gone around in circles. There is no Amazon dot com in the list...only Amazon dot ca. THAT doesnt link up to my ebook or paperback on AMazon dot com or dot uk. So if I cant buy it then it means no one can! Geepers, I'll never have any sales at this rate. No one wants to click so many times, they will just give up and go elsewhere!

ASIN to e-book on Amazon dot com NOT Amazon dot ca:- B008SDDGV6

ISBN-10: 1926997794
ISBN-13: 978-1926997797

message 2: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments I just looked at it. The Kindle edition with ASIN worked fine. The paperback wasn't working for me because you removed the ISBNs. Once I fixed that the paperback edition worked as well.

As to the links, each individual can personalize the links that show on the book page that shows for them. My links take me to Amazon.com, my library etc. It seems like you got your personalized links set to the wrong Amazon. Luckily this only affects you and not other users. Try going into your profile settings and changing your links. That should fix it.

Also, we do not delete valid ISBNs.

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Tyson (JessieBTyson) | 14 comments Thank you for fixing that for me!

However, Amazon dot ca do not work for me and it doesnt take me to Amazon dot com. Message pops up to say no such page, or something like that.

I just tried what you suggested about changing links, there is no Amazon dot com in the list. Only dot ca and marketplace.

message 4: by vicki_girl (last edited Sep 01, 2012 08:22PM) (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Okay, Try this...

Go to your profile.
Select Edit Profile.
Select the book links tab.
Over to the right is a list of links.
Check that the Country is set to US.
Sort the list by popularity.
Amazon (whch is the US version) should be the first link.
Select add.

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Tyson (JessieBTyson) | 14 comments Thank you very much. Amazon dot com is now at the top, so I think I have that done now.

Another question, how to add a link to CreateSpace where my novel can also be purchased? This is the link I have:- http://createspace.com/3966486

When I tried to add CreateSpace a message asked for the title ISBN, and adding them makes the link dead.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments Follow the instructions given by Vicki girl and at the top right there is add new link follow the instructions on that page.

The link will apply ONLY to you as a user since users control which buy links they see.