A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray (Scholastic Gold) A Dog's Life discussion

a dog's life

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karengarcia i think for so far in the book its getting so good and sadif you haven't read it you should really read it and it will touch your heart.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It is a really good book, but it is a bit sad sometimes too. :)

Jayden Claire ~Cool Beans~ -Life is like a box of trout- wrote: "It is a really good book, but it is a bit sad sometimes too. :)"

ya, it's very well written.

Lori good book but can be upsetting. I cannot stand the thought of an animal being a stray and going hungry or trying to survive on it's own. I am one of those person's who feeds the strays in see in my neighborhood. just cannot bear to see them hungry. i am glad it had a happy ending.

Katie OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Life is when she catches Bone's scent again. The sequel is called Everything for a Dog.

Jayden Katie wrote: "OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Life is when she catches Bone's scent again. Th..."

I'm sure it'll be sad too. Was it more sad

Katie His side of the story was combined with two other people's stories, and they all connected, alternating chapters. The book was written from the human perspective. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I remember thinking A Dog's Life was sadder.

Jayden Katie wrote: "His side of the story was combined with two other people's stories, and they all connected, alternating chapters. The book was written from the human perspective. I can't remember exactly what happ..."
kk thx

message 9: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes Katie wrote: "OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Life is when she catches Bone's scent again. Th..."

*SPOILER ALERT*

OMG! I didn't know there was a sequel! I rushed right to Amazon as soon as I read your comment and bought it with overnight shipping. Ironically, I had just finished reading it again yesterday morning. And, I agree with the others; yes, it's a wonderful book, though heartrending at times....

*SPOILER ALERT*

like when she is separated from Bone, or when Moon dies

Jayden Siobhan wrote: "Katie wrote: "OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Life is when she catches Bone's s..."

how is the first 1 a spoiler alert?????????

message 11: by Siobhan (last edited Sep 24, 2012 06:42AM) (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes Jayden wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Katie wrote: "OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Life is when she ..."

I just meant to warn there was a spoiler alert in the comment. The second one is to warn that this is where the spoiler actually is. I have seen it done that way by some other posters. No need for so much alarm.

Jayden Siobhan wrote: "Jayden wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Katie wrote: "OMG, I loved it so much. I was so happy to find the sequel, which there is one. It is Bone's side of the story. My most heartbreaking part of A Dog's Li..."

ohh srry

message 13: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes No apologies needed. :-)

Jayden Siobhan wrote: "No apologies needed. :-)"

:)

Bella T amazing book! im reading Everything for a Dog now and it is very interesting! i love the multible stories in the sequal and i strongly advise you to read it.

message 16: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes Bella wrote: "amazing book! im reading Everything for a Dog now and it is very interesting! i love the multible stories in the sequal and i strongly advise you to read it."

I know! Anyone who reads A Dog's Life and enjoys it (and who doesn't?) needs to get Everything For A Dog.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Everthing for a Dog....I cried like, 5 times. I'm the kind of person who's book emotional.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I love these books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes NightSpirit wrote: "IKR!"

Now that one is new to me. What is IKR?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! What is IKR?

message 21: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes Amberheart wrote: "I know! What is IKR?"

You know? What is it then?

message 22: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes Ahhhh! Thanks for the clarification. A new acronym for the brain pan!

message 23: by Siobhan (new) - added it

Siobhan O'Laoghaire-Sannes So did I.

It occurred to me the other night that this conversation seems to be happening between adults in spite of the fact that this is a book for... I am not sure what the age range is, but it's definitely under 18. It's refreshing to see adults reading kid books. But, out of curiosity, how old is everyone, anyway? I am 48.