Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Erich Maria Remarque
This topic is about Erich Maria Remarque
Book Issues > Croatian Editions of Remarque completely gone

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (last edited Sep 01, 2012 01:38PM) (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 57 comments I have just noticed that all the Croatian editions I added for Remarque (and I own them all) disappeared!
Only one was left, and two of them I added again before I reminded myself that I still have their GoodReads numbers. Maybe they can be recovered:
12466966-crni-obelisk
12367692-crni-obelisk-istorija-jedne-zaka-njele-mladosti (I made a mistake and added it again, now it has a number 15980580-crni-obelisk)
12467390-trijumfalna-kapija
12466889-tri-ratna-druga
12466930-nebo-ne-zna-za-miljenike
12466863-ljubi-bli-njega-svoga
12467349-no-u-lisabonu
12466986-povratak
12466946-doba-ivota-i-doba-smrti

They all had covers but no description and ISBN, because I got them without dust jackets and was too lazy to write my own (book descriptions), and they were published before the ISBN time.

So, is it possible to recover all those books, or I'll have to add them again?

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments they would need to be added again

On initial look I am not seeing any books deleted in the log for Remarque. If they had covers then they should not have been deleted unless there where other editions with the same cover with more info

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments Do you know the English translations and if the Croatian ones where combined?

message 4: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 57 comments Paula wrote: "they would need to be added again

On initial look I am not seeing any books deleted in the log for Remarque. If they had covers then they should not have been deleted unless there where other ed..."

That's weird - I mean, I know I added them, because I saved the links to them for my book catalogue on computer. I got those numbers from the links.
In any case, there are no other editions for Remarque in my language, so I am really puzzled what could have happened here.
Thank you for quick response - no problem, I'll add them again. I only hope this didn't happen with the other books - still didn't dare to take a look on them :/

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments can you let me know if they where combined with the English equivalents, if so then I can see if I can find out what happened to them

What is the English name of one or two of them?

message 6: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 57 comments Paula wrote: "Do you know the English translations and if the Croatian ones where combined?"

The edition for Crni Obelisk was on my GR must-have shelf and combined with this one:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...
I think only because it had the highest number of ratings.
Does that help?

message 7: by Deon (last edited Sep 01, 2012 02:08PM) (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3314 comments 12466966-crni-obelisk is on this log as being deleted

http://www.goodreads.com/book/edits/1...
"edition: Deleted edition id=12466966 title=Crni obelisk isbn=, merged 0 reviews "

i did not look through the rest of Zeljka's list

message 8: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl And another librarian with a private profile doing bad deletes.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments Yes it does thank you

message 10: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 57 comments Er... Well, Remarque does not have quite a wide readership, obviously, but that librarian shouldn't have second guessed the editions added in foreign languages. They obviously couldn't have been added by onix random house ;)
Luckily I am in good mood and will add these books again :) but it would be good that some super-librarian give an advice to that librarian. Just in case, so it doesn't happen again to others.

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments I have dealt with it

message 12: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 57 comments Paula wrote: "I have dealt with it"

Thanks!

message 13: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Man librarians running a muck.

message 14: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments It seems like the librarian in question has also deleted editions of books with ISBN numbers.

message 15: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Are there any merging or other operations that show up in the logs as "deleted"?

The reason I ask is that the librarian has been deleting books with ISBN numbers (most of the deletions seem to be books WITH ISBN numbers) since August 2009 (page 65 of her 66 page log) and I just wondered if she thought was doing something different.