The YA Book Club discussion

Random > I Hate a Book That Everyone Loves...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 727) (727 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Halley (new)

Halley (HalleyMcCarty) | 118 comments Mod
What popular book that everyone loves do you hate?

message 3: by Ally (new)

message 4: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 21 comments oh yea, forgot Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer thanks for reminding me..

message 5: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Diana ❀ ☺ wrote: Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

me too!!!

message 6: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern... I don't really get the hype!

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Darling | 7 comments Okay, I'm just about to make me the most unpopular person here, but I'm honest:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
I'm not saying that I hated it but I was not all that impressed either...

message 8: by Brittany (new)

message 9: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Kat wrote: "Okay, I'm just about to make me the most unpopular person here, but I'm honest:
I'm not saying that I hated it but I was not all that impressed either..."

Me neither... I did not outright hate it but didn't feel the love towards it!!

message 10: by Lola (new)

Lola Mark Kat wrote: "Okay, I'm just about to make me the most unpopular person here, but I'm honest:

i agree i really hated that book
c

message 11: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments And not to mention Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr

I just couldn't take it... I gave it up after the first three chapters!

message 13: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments I loved The Hunger Games. Then the series went downhill. It took a lot of effort for me to even complete Mockingjay... and then too it wasn't worth it!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma i agree with diana and shambhawi, everyone LOVES hush, hush, but i thought it was really bad. stalker fallen angels...

message 15: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Not to mention crude innuendos that were puke inducing....

message 16: by Raeleen (new)

Raeleen Lemay (raeleenlemay) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant
I found them both SO BORING.

message 17: by Halley (last edited Sep 08, 2012 07:39PM) (new)

Halley (HalleyMcCarty) | 118 comments Mod
I really hated If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

So many people loved it, but I just thought it was boring. I get how it's supposed to be touching and whatnot, but I barely got through it. I felt like I didn't really connect to any of the characters and that's pretty important for me to do when reading a book.

message 18: by Ivy (last edited Sep 08, 2012 08:03PM) (new)

Ivy (alwaysivy) I am really hating Divergent.
I don't like the world building, I don't like the characters, and I don't like the plot. But, I just really hate Beatrice. A lot.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma Ivy wrote: "I am really hating Divergent.
I don't like the world building, I don't like the characters, and I don't like the plot. But, I just really hate Beatrice. A lot."

I have to agree with you that Tris wasn't too awesome, but i though divergent was. You're right when you say that you hate a book that everyone loves! i've never met anyone that hates divergent! O_O

message 20: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Mokha (mokha) | 11 comments I enjoyed the first Percy Jackson series, but couldn't cope with the second - what's wrong with me?

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!! try it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Shambhawi (last edited Sep 11, 2012 11:31PM) (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments I must be the last person on earth who's not yet read Percy Jackson!! Now it feels like i am eons behind everyone else and too late to try :|

message 23: by Anura (new)

Anura Shrestha (noorie_131) | 2 comments TWILIGHT! haha worst book ever.
And @shambhawi, go for percy jackson. I feellike its better than mortal instruments atleast.

message 24: by Shambhawi (last edited Sep 12, 2012 02:45AM) (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Anura wrote: "TWILIGHT! haha worst book ever.
And @shambhawi, go for percy jackson. I feellike its better than mortal instruments atleast."

I had actually liked Twilight when I first read it! Now I think my rating will go dangerously low if I reread it (which I am pretty sure I won't)

Mortal Instruments (view spoiler) was too much for me. I've been planning to read Percy Jackson for over a year now but somehow some other book creeps up above in my to-read pile

message 25: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Mokha (mokha) | 11 comments Can't bear to even look at Twilight. The teenage girl thing ruined it for me before I was able to get my hands on it

message 26: by Shambhawi (last edited Sep 12, 2012 02:48AM) (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Prabh S wrote: "Can't bear to even look at Twilight. The teenage girl thing ruined it for me before I was able to get my hands on it"

Not a loss I can tell you... I blame my pre-teen hormones for ever liking that book (and Edward Cullen).

Has anyone read Blogging Twilight by Dan Bergstein on Sparknotes? It's one of the most hilarious things I've read till date!!

message 27: by Nora (new)

message 28: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 21 comments Kat wrote: "Okay, I'm just about to make me the most unpopular person here, but I'm honest:

WOW! I actually loved this series and still do...

message 29: by Brittany (new)

Brittany DeLys (brittdelys423) | 89 comments Shambhawi wrote: "I must be the last person on earth who's not yet read Percy Jackson!! Now it feels like i am eons behind everyone else and too late to try :|"

I haven't read them either but they are on my list of books to read. Just have to finish all the other books on my list first...this could take a while.

message 30: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Brittany wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "I must be the last person on earth who's not yet read Percy Jackson!! Now it feels like i am eons behind everyone else and too late to try :|"

I haven't read them either but they..."

IKR! Whenever I think Okay, now I will get to reading Percy Jackson I find another book and forget all about it! The fact that the movie sucked didn't help my case any!

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Brittany DeLys (brittdelys423) | 89 comments Shambhawi wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "I must be the last person on earth who's not yet read Percy Jackson!! Now it feels like i am eons behind everyone else and too late to try :|"

I haven't read the..."

Then I guess it is a really good thing I never saw the movie. :)

message 32: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Haha... I watched the movie only for Logan Lerman. That part was at least worth it :D

message 33: by YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey (last edited Sep 14, 2012 11:54AM) (new)

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Shambhawi wrote: "I loved The Hunger Games. Then the series went downhill. It took a lot of effort for me to even complete Mockingjay... and then too it wasn't worth it!"

I totally agree. I think that the first book was cool because Katniss was cool, and then she turned into a crybaby and everything was made awful.
Also, why put in a bunch of characters for us to get all attached to when the plan is that THEY WILL ALL DIE BEFORE THE SERIES IS OVER.
Grrrr.

message 34: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Mokha (mokha) | 11 comments How dare anyone mock Hunger Games - wash your mouths out with soap and water!

message 36: by Angiie (new)

Angiie Arc (shelovestoreadbooks) | 4 comments I read this book City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare and as soon as I closed it I forgot everything about it, I know its really popular but I could not get to like it

message 37: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments P.S. wrote: "How dare anyone mock Hunger Games - wash your mouths out with soap and water!"

Don't worry I wouldn't dare mock The Hunger Games.

We're only hating Mockingjay and Catching Fire :P:P

message 38: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Angiie wrote: "I read this book City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare and as soon as I closed it I forgot everything about it, I know its really popular but I could not get to like it"

Join the club!! :D

message 39: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments I just came to realize that I am the only person in the world who hated Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman -_-

message 40: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 6 comments I hate Delirium, I found it boring and the characters were not likable

message 41: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Wow, you do hate a book everyone loves :D

message 42: by Lauren-ashley (new)

Lauren-ashley Hurst | 1 comments Fifty shades if grey I think it was poorly written and couldn't even get half way through it. Anne Rice wrote a better series that introduced the life style.

message 43: by Cheshire Cat (new)

Cheshire Cat (roseherondale) | 400 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins I read the review about this book and abandoned it as soon as I finished reading.

message 44: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Engelsigh) Shambhawi wrote: "Diana ❀ ☺ wrote: Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

me too!!!"

I don't hate it...I don't think it's the best book ever written, but I liked it better than Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

message 45: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Engelsigh) Lauren-ashley wrote: "Fifty shades if grey I think it was poorly written and couldn't even get half way through it. Anne Rice wrote a better series that introduced the life style."

I'm about 80 pages into 50 Shades of Gray. That was over a month ago. I just can't seem to make myself finish it. The writing is awful.

message 46: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Engelsigh) Madeline wrote: "I hate Delirium, I found it boring and the characters were not likable"

I didn't hate Delerium but I had to force myself through parts of it.

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Engelsigh) Shambhawi wrote: "I loved The Hunger Games. Then the series went downhill. It took a lot of effort for me to even complete Mockingjay... and then too it wasn't worth it!"

I liked Catching Fire the best out of the series...but yeah, Mocking Jay went all wargames/strategy like and it was boring, depressing, and a bad ending.

message 48: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Engelsigh) Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Creepy, stalker vampire boyfriend that glitters. Yuck!

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Bad writing. And if I guy ever tried to give me that kind of contract I'd roll it up and hit him with it.

Eve (Eve, #1) by Anna Carey It took me a year to finish it. It was just soooooo boring and long and drawn out.

message 49: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments Jennifer wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "I loved The Hunger Games. Then the series went downhill. It took a lot of effort for me to even complete Mockingjay... and then too it wasn't worth it!"

I liked Catching Fire the..."

The last book was utter crap. I still liked the forst book best!

message 50: by Shambhawi (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 491 comments It seems I am the only one who hated Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington too!! :|

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15