UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 2772 comments Anyone hear this last week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m5nqm

message 2: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (Darrenhf) | 6824 comments Having just listened to it, it is quite an interesting piece if a little too short. Nice to see SL admitting his unethical behaviour in marketing (the guy's a prince). I think that the debate could have been a bit more in depth and they didn't give the bookshop owner time enough to speak about his side of things. I think a chat with each of them would have been much more revealing.

Oh and Stephen, not everyone does it - probably just the unscrupulous successful ones.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Just listened. I agree with Darren, that it could have gone for much longer and in greater depth. As it was, it barely scratched the surface.

Can I hire myself out as a sock puppet...? ;)

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 2772 comments Yes, I would agree with both of you. However, it was good to hear the debate reaching a wider audience.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 18975 comments But are sales worth being unethical for? If they are, why not just blackmail and threats? :-)

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Jim wrote: "But are sales worth being unethical for? If they are, why not just blackmail and threats? :-)"

Because those are illegal. Not quite the same...

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 18975 comments Tim A wrote: "Jim wrote: "But are sales worth being unethical for? If they are, why not just blackmail and threats? :-)"

Because those are illegal. Not quite the same..."

I shall restrict myself to moral blackmail and implied threats in future :-))