Book Junkies discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
Archives > September: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Comments (showing 1-50 of 88) (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Hannah (Faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Alright everyone!! The September General BotM is....well, you can see the title of this discussion thread. Do I really have to type the whole thing out again??

Steve This is my first one. Very excited. Um, so what do we do? Just start reading? :)

The rules for group reads aren't very clearly defined. I barely even get it myself. Basically, you just read the book and along the way, post your comments and thoughts on this thread. The trouble is, not everyone reads at the same pace, so you have to do so without revealing any spoilers.

Tough, no? Once everyone who is reading the book this month is finished, then we can discuss it more openly.

Steve Cool! Then off I go.

Titus214 | 4 comments This book was 1.99 for the kindle edition yesterday on Amazon.Not sure if it's still the same price.

Heidi I got it from my public library (thankfully) and am on page 150. I am loving it!

I might not be able to start for a while. I put it on hold at my library, but it is really popular, so it may take a while...

Renetta I read this a few months ago but never wrote my review so that's what I'll be doing for this BOTM.

Heidi, this is completely off-topic, but I've gotta say: I love your profile pic:D

Heidi Faize wrote: "Heidi, this is completely off-topic, but I've gotta say: I love your profile pic:D"

Thanks!

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara I read this earlier this year. Can't wait to discuss it with you all, as I don't know anyone else who's read it.

Rebecca | 7 comments I read this a couple of months ago. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

GAH!!! All these positive comments, now I'm debating whether or not to nag my library nonstop to give the book to me:P

message 14: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon Pickett (supershannon) | 25 comments I cant wait to read this book! I am so very excited!

Martha  (theshortone08) I'm going to my library to see if they have it. I'm pretty sure they do thigh because I saw the last time I was there.

Martha  (theshortone08) For those who have already stated it, what page are you on?

Hud-c | 438 comments Got to have a copy first. But I don't know if I can squeeze this now, I have 4 books I'm currently reading. And now, those books I'm waiting to be publish this year is out in the market. I'm in a limbo. 0_0

Martha  (theshortone08) You have al of September Hud-c if you can swing it we'd be happy to have your opinions if not it's ok, there's always next month. :)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "You have al of September Hud-c if you can swing it we'd be happy to have your opinions if not it's ok, there's always next month. :)"

Yeah, the problem is I'm getting busy at work and can only read on Sundays.

Maybe something will come up, and I won't be so stressed out this month. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow!! I'll be starting then:D

Heidi I just finished! What a good read this is.

What was the general atmosphere of the book? Creepy? Mysterious? Serious? etc...

Rebecca | 7 comments At one point I thought it was really creepy, but its mainly mysterious.

Just got it!!

Let's DO this! *starts reading*

message 25: by Ruby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ruby Chua (rubychua) I just finished this book and i hope the ending could be better. the pics initially creeps me out too. while reading at night, i actually got to cover the pics. haha.

They are kinda creepy, aren't they? I've actually seen a lot of those old-style creepy and unexplained photographs. They are always creepy, no matter what.

Martha  (theshortone08) I was looking through them before I started reading and my goodness are they weird! They're very intriguing though.

Heidi My cousin was wondering if they were photoshopped. I don't know, they don't appear untouched and in the back of the book they listed the owners. hmm anyone know?

Martha  (theshortone08) I don't think they are.

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) Ay ay ay... I'm still waiting for my copy from the library. Hopefully I get it soon so that I can join you guys. This will be my first group read so I'm excited.

Marlene wrote: "Ay ay ay... I'm still waiting for my copy from the library. Hopefully I get it soon so that I can join you guys. This will be my first group read so I'm excited."

I've had my fair share of late library books. I've had to ditch a couple of group reads before because my library was so slow getting the books to me:(

Martha  (theshortone08) Unfortunately people don't like to read around my neighborhood so the book was there for me to pick up.

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) Faize wrote: "I've had my fair of late library books. I've had to ditch..."

Ay I am hoping though that I am able to read this one with the group. I know that I can buy it but I really only buy books after I have read them. This way I know that I will enjoy having them around.
My library is usually pretty good, so hopefully they don't make me look bad. hahahaha.

Martha  (theshortone08) Don't worry. you have all of September to read it so you still have plenty of time. :)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) I read it earlier in the year and I did not life it for the most part ):

I assumed it'd be more scary and not so X-Men...ish.

Jessica Yvonne (jessiyvonne) | 20 comments Read it earlier in the year, it was a pretty good book. Hoping that a sequel comes out soon to continue the story line along. It has great potential.

Sarah Diorio (onyx2119) | 3 comments I read this book earlier in the year and it only took me three days. The beginning and middle of the book kept me hooked and the ending was kind of a let down, but would definitely read a sequel if it were to be published.

I am one chapter in so far, and it is gettin' gooooooodd. I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

Audrey (Audeic) I've finished the book and yes, it was creepy, but the ending was hopeful. Don't want to say more and reference spoilers, but it was quite a fantasy

message 40: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon Pickett (supershannon) | 25 comments I just got my hands on the book today,I am very excited!

Melissa Kohlhof I really liked this one. Read it a couple of months ago. It is a fun book to own, because of all the really interesting pics. The plot was crazy especially about the boy in the room that no one is supposed to mess with. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

Martha  (theshortone08) Ok I've just stared this.
I love the pictures. they add so much to the story.
who here knew that his gramps was in a way talking about WWII? I did.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

finished this book about 3 weeks ago! awesome book. very different plot and story line. :)

I'm on chapter 3, and so far, it's looking pretty good. My favorite pic so far is the creepy clown twins:P

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) I finally got my hands on a copy from my library. I should be starting tonight or tomorrow morning. ;o)

message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Roark | 15 comments Faize wrote: "I'm on chapter 3, and so far, it's looking pretty good. My favorite pic so far is the creepy clown twins:P"

I just finished Chapter 4 and I gotta say my favorite pic was the creepy clowns also :)

Ooohh: page 75 was embarrassing to read O_O

message 48: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon Pickett (supershannon) | 25 comments I just finished reading the book and loved it! I love all the pics and let me just say this book was nothing like I thought it would be! Dont want to say much more,really dont want to spoil it for others.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!! I found a book trailer for Peculiar Children!! Check it out!!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVegDh...

Valerie Zink | 5 comments I am about 25% through and loving it! I love how different it is. How clever to build a book around pics like that. Definitely mysterious and creepy!

« previous 1