The Sword and Laser discussion

Sword and Laser Video Show > We need videos!

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1015 comments Mod
Hey all,

So we have ONE MORE awesome white board video left and we're shooting 2 main eps and 2 book club eps on Sep. 11. So P Aaron's got us covered for one, but YOU could be in the other (not that we're discouraging P Aaron from sending us more awesome white boards of course).

Got an idea for a cool review, or feature? Send it in!

The episode we want a video for features Cherie Priest, so if you have a comment or question for her, that would be awesome too.

Anyway, if you've been teetering on the fence about making us a video, here's a nudge. That fence is uncomfortable anyway, amiright?

message 2: by P. Aaron (new)

P. Aaron Potter (PAaronPotter) | 585 comments I do have more whiteboards in the works, but I want to see more singing reviews. :)

message 3: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

P. Aaron wrote: "I do have more whiteboards in the works, but I want to see more singing reviews. :)" I hear ya!

message 4: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments P. Aaron wrote: "I do have more whiteboards in the works, but I want to see more singing reviews. :)"

Ah, sorry, I've been slacking off while writing things and thinking up ways to trick reviewers into reading my books staring at the wall. But don't worry, I think I have something saved on my iPhone... I'll get that uploaded shortly.

message 5: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Oh, and Kickstarter! I've wasted so much time that could have been used being productive there... but have you seen the Numenera and SolForge projects? My excitement, it is legendary...

message 6: by A.E. (last edited Sep 07, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

A.E. Marling (AEMarling) | 49 comments The email to send the video is the same for the general Sword and Laser feedback, right?

And what's the suggested file size?

message 7: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

yep feedback at swordandlaser.com. Please upload the videos to a place like Vimeo or YouTube and just send us the link. We can't handle files in email. It's dangerous!!

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 587 comments I sent mine!

message 9: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Hakala (hak42) | 4 comments Sky wrote: "Oh, and Kickstarter! I've wasted so much time that could have been used being productive there... but have you seen the Numenera and SolForge projects? My excitement, it is legendary..."

Kickstarter is so bad for my bank account!

message 10: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 163 comments Tom wrote: "Hey all,

So we have ONE MORE awesome white board video left and we're shooting 2 main eps and 2 book club eps on Sep. 11. So P Aaron's got us covered for one, but YOU could be in the other (not t..."

I sit on a cushion on the fence so its quite comfy it has to be comfy im too shy for the camera! :P
loving the shows though keep up the awesomeness!

message 11: by Lili (new)

Lili | 2 comments I'd like to attempt a white board video or something similar. P. Aaron, do you have any advice for your process?

message 12: by P. Aaron (new)

P. Aaron Potter (PAaronPotter) | 585 comments Process? I didn't know I had one. Mostly these emerged out of an academic inability to keep my mouth shut and the knowledge that nobody wants to see my ugly phiz, so I had to come up with something better to look at.

I record using a USB microphone, then add sound effects and background music in MixCraft. I use the same markers I do in my university classes, on a lap-sized portable whiteboard, photograph them, then use Microsoft Movie Maker to stitch them together so timing of pics matches the soundtrack. I am sure that probably every single person on this board could come up with a more technologically elegant, cleaner sounding and looking solution. I really should be asking if you have any advice for your process.