Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Having a problem accessing my profile page

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Hi, for the last few weeks, it's been spotty getting to my profile page. I haven't been able to do it for the last few days. The Gateway kept on timing out. I've tried Safari and Firefox with the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Sep 02, 2012 05:59AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8935 comments I can't access mine as of a while ago. As far as other members, I can get to some profile pages and not others.

I cannot get to your page, Aloha.

ETA: Some of the profile pages I can get to, I can't get to the compare books with them page.

message 3: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments Hmmm... I'm also having intermittent problems with others' profile pages. However instead of a Gateway Timeout I get an Unexpected Error.

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 83 comments I'm having this same issue as is my boyfriend. We also can't get to the home page. It's showing the unexpected error message.

I can, on about every other try, get to my bookshelf, but not to any of the shelves on it.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8935 comments Oh, yes, in my case it's also the unexpected error page.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (AnnaMatsuyama) | 159 comments Can't access my profile too. I get "the unexpected error" page

message 7: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 4237 comments I cannot access mine either (it just says that an unexpected error has occurred).

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8935 comments Not only am I having problems with my own profile page, and some others' profile pages and some compare books pages, but I am also having problems with some books' pages. All unexpected errors.

It's very annoying and making it difficult to use the site.

And, of course, it's a long weekend. ;-)

message 9: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments Lisa wrote: "And, of course, it's a long weekend."

I was just thinking this. *cries inconsolably*
There are also multiple threads about this. One I started, this one, and one other.

message 10: by Manybooks (last edited Sep 02, 2012 06:38AM) (new)

Manybooks | 4237 comments Lisa wrote: "Not only am I having problems with my own profile page, and some others' profile pages and some compare books pages, but I am also having problems with some books' pages. All unexpected errors.

It..."

It's amazing how these "major issues" always seem to happen on long weekends, sigh (and like you, many of the books I click on don't allow me to access the book page).

message 11: by Kara (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 83 comments Looks to be fixed to me!

message 12: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Waaah! I still can't get to mine, which probably means other people can't get to it, either. I can get to it using the iPad Goodreads app. so for those of you who have a Goodreads app., that might be an alternative. But I prefer to access my profile via the desktop, as well as accessibility to my friends.

message 13: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) It's still not working for me!

message 14: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 4237 comments It looks like most issues are fine now (at least the profile page and book pages seem to be working). Did this simply fix itself, or was it fixed by GR staff?

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8935 comments Gundula wrote: "It looks like most issues are fine now (at least the profile page and book pages seem to be working). Did this simply fix itself, or was it fixed by GR staff?"

??? Maybe it was broken and/or fixed during the nightly maintenance/backup/?

Aloha, I just got to your page. And I came back here to say I can get to mine, at least for now.

message 16: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Thanks, Inga. Unfortunately, my profile doesn't like me, because I still can't get to it via the desktop. Aw, well....

Inga wrote: "Aloha wrote: "Waaah! I still can't get to mine, which probably means other people can't get to it, either. I can get to it using the iPad Goodreads app. so for those of you who have a Goodreads ..."

message 17: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Still can't access my profile except via the Goodreads app. on my iPad.

Thanks, Lisa.

message 18: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Aloha wrote: "Still can't access my profile except via the Goodreads app. on my iPad.

Thanks, Lisa."

Sorry about that, Aloha. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

message 19: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Yes, I did. I just did it again, but no luck. Could it be my 3,000+ books? You shouldn't punish members for having too many books on the shelf. This is Goodreads! :oD

message 20: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 4237 comments Aloha wrote: "Yes, I did. I just did it again, but no luck. Could it be my 3,000+ books? You shouldn't punish members for having too many books on the shelf. This is Goodreads! :oD"

It would not be that. I have over 5000 on my shelves and while I had problems accessing my profile page this weekend like many others, this issue was soon fixed for me (and I also have friends who have more books on their shelves and accessing their profile page is generally not a problem). I wonder if you have somehow picked up a bug exclusive to your computer.

message 21: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Aloha wrote: "Yes, I did. I just did it again, but no luck. Could it be my 3,000+ books? You shouldn't punish members for having too many books on the shelf. This is Goodreads! :oD"

Hmm. Would you mind trying it on another browser? Does the problem persist?

message 22: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 36 comments Hmmm...It now works from Firefox, although I did have a problem with Firefox like I did with Safari. But that might be the time when others were having problems accessing their profiles. I guess I'll have to get to my profile page via Firefox. Thanks, Kara.