Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Liz H's August

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (last edited Sep 01, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

LizH (Liz_H) | 955 comments Finally read Julia Spencer Fleming, and raced thru that enjoyable series this month. The other reads were just ok. Weird month of reading for me. Starting to struggle a bit with what to read. Hoping to find some good titles from you all.

65. An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon 8-5-12
66. Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton 8-11-12
67. In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-13-12
68. A Fountain Filled with Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-15-12
69. Out of the Deep I Cry by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-17-12
70. To Darkness and to Death by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-18-12
71. All Mortal Flesh by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-20-12
72. I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-22-12
73. Once Was A Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming 8-26-12
74. Big Sky Country by Linda Lael Miller 8-29-30

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2491 comments Let me guess- you liked Julia Spencer-Fleming.

message 3: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2223 comments Either that or the aisle was the least crowded at the library.

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (Liz_H) | 955 comments Wow, you both should take that comedy routine on the road! LOL!!! Yes, Captain Obvious, I did like JSF, and Dan, I am a Kindle girl all the way. :)

message 5: by Ann (last edited Sep 01, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 11101 comments Liz, I can understand a sense of not knowing just what to read next after a month spent with Claire and Russ, love that series! I hope you get some good ideas!

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (SusieinKS) | 1335 comments I know I have at least one Julia Spencer-Fleming book in the TBR pile. Guess I should try it sooner, rather than later ;)

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2491 comments Somebody has to ensure we do not take ourselves too seriously.

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (Liz_H) | 955 comments Barry, as always, thanks for keeping things casual!

message 9: by LizH (new)

LizH (Liz_H) | 955 comments Ann, got several good ideas! Started the V.I. Warshawski series. I used to live in Chicago about the time she started this series, then moved in '89 and haven't been back since. This has definately picqued my curiosity about the series. I also ordered the first in the Odd series, and picked up Winslow's Gentleman's hour. So plenty of good reading ahead of me!

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 3186 comments Susie in KS wrote: "I know I have at least one Julia Spencer-Fleming book in the TBR pile. Guess I should try it sooner, rather than later ;)"

You definitely should, Susie! I thought you had read them already!