Fallen (Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Fallen
Series > Fallen by Lauren Kate

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4468 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

Sabrina I read this book not too long ago. I thought it was pretty good. I did think Luce was a somewhat questionable character as far as being a smart person, but I did enjoy this book. I have also read Torment and Passion, both of which were enough to keep me going :) Now I am waiting on Rapture.

message 3: by Fatima (new)

Fatima I finished Fallen yesterday and i can say that i loved it!! I love the Fallen Angels theme and i'm gonna continue with series till the end. I loved Arianne and Gabbe !! Daniel was also one of my favorites and i think Luce should be a stronger character. I can't wait to read Torment.

Magda I've read the whole series and I have to say that I was disappointed.I wasn't connected with this book at all.The first-Fallen-seemed interesting so I kept reading.When I was reading Torment I was so bored but I was hoping that Rapture would be more interesting and I wanted to see how it ends.Indeed it was more interesting,but I found it a little confusing.I wasn't also so thrilled about the end,although I hope Lauren Kate will redeem herself(sorry about the spoiler) and write an extra book about Cam.

Meghan | 1 comments I enjoyed Fallen a lot it was very interesting... havent read the rest of the series though

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

So far it seems that everyone has loved this book and I know many people do but I honestly really really don't like this series. It took Lauren Kate four books to reveal everything (it is was all pretty obvious) and I really can't stand Daniel or Luce. The covers are absolutely gorgeous though.

Rhiannon | 12 comments I'm about to read it again before I start Rapture but for some reason I find the series really confusing? Also, is it necessary to read Fallen in Love cause I'm not really interested in the other characters stories.

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rhiannon wrote: "I'm about to read it again before I start Rapture but for some reason I find the series really confusing? Also, is it necessary to read Fallen in Love cause I'm not really interested in the other c..."

I didn't read Fallen in Love and I still read Rapture. I think it was more of a filler while people waited for Rapture.

Rhiannon | 12 comments Erika wrote: "Rhiannon wrote: "I'm about to read it again before I start Rapture but for some reason I find the series really confusing? Also, is it necessary to read Fallen in Love cause I'm not really interest..."

Brilliant thank you!

Yasmani | 82 comments I was kind of mad that my character got killed of and especially on the first book -.-

Heather James (makexbelieve) | 25 comments Fallen in love was good, but it was just a collection of short stories about the other characters in the book. It's not necessary but it might make a couple of the character relationships in Rapture make more sense.

I really enjoyed the Fallen series, especially characters like Ariadne and Cam. Kate also manages to come up with a distinct, yet interesting, plot for each book, which is quite an achievement; it doesn't get too boring or samey. But I did feel that the final book seemed rushed and the ending wasn't quite what I was expecting

Lauren I have to say, the cover is what intrigued me most about this series. Sadly, I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped that I would. The characterization was iffy and I didn't like the writing style.

Kylee fallen was okay I'm thinking about reading the next in the series

Alyssa Mae | 123 comments I have read the book and I do love it. This is the first book I have read about angels so I was fascinated by it. I have read the entire Fallen series and I love the ending! You should definitely keep on reading it because the twist at the end of Rupture will blow your mind. :)

message 15: by An (new)

An Ifound this book quite interesting. It wasn't quite what I was expecting since the cover looked a bit creepy. I was thinking horror lol.

Maureen(with an unquenchable thirst for books) (monnw) | 626 comments An wrote: "Ifound this book quite interesting. It wasn't quite what I was expecting since the cover looked a bit creepy. I was thinking horror lol."

it doesn't look exactly horrorful

Simmaron (MyBookedLife) | 802 comments I liked the book a lot. Covers are amazingly beautiful. Lauren Kate's writing style is pretty good. Daniel and Luce really shows us what true love is. Its kinda depressing to see your love die again and again.

Laura | 7 comments Just finished it today and it was pretty good going to check out the second book tomorrow. I love Luce and Daniel. The Angel theme is so interesting so I hope the other ones are as good

message 19: by M.J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M.J. Capulet  (mjcapulet) | 205 comments I love the covers. My favorite would probably be the first one. It tells so much about the story and the curse between Daniel and Luce. I do like the cover of Rapture though.

The book was an okay series for me. The first three ones were pretty boring, but I LOVE LOVE LOVED the finale. "Rapture" had to be my favorite book, and the ending was unpredictable it brought me to tears.

Daniel Grigori was my dream guy. I love his blond hair (I always fall for blond guys), violet eyes and iridescent wings. His love for Luce proves to be very very strong, but I felt as if Luce was like the next "Bella Swan".

I liked the other angels too. Cam was smokin' hot in a devilish way. Miles was also cute and innocent. Gabby was the perfect girly best friend, and Ariann was my favorite female character in the series.

April | 558 comments I have yet to read this series. But I'm going to wait until they are handed down to me, or until I buy them, because I don't normally read library books for some reason! Though I'm on an angel/ fallen angel LOVE of reading right now!!! And I can't wait to get my hands on the books so that I can read them! They sound so great and the covers are gorgeous! I can't wait to read them, and then give my opinion of them! The only angel books I've read are Hush and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (I still have to read Silence and Finale), and Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (I still need to read Hades and Heaven). I plan on finishing both those series this year, cuz they are both amazing! I can't wait to read more angel/ fallen angel books. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I don't know about a lot of angel books.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading it the other day....it's okay I doubt I will finish the series though.

Jaylene | 8 comments I really liked the book and the series but at some points, the book was kind of predictable. Just my opinion.

Virginia | 2 comments I finished this book a couple days ago and I have to say that the story that unfolds by the end of the book was pretty awesome! I was not expecting it at all!

Jojobean I loved this book. I love the whole situation between Daniel and Luce. Their past is so heartbreaking and I'm glad that they are able to get the chance to be together. I like how feisty Luce is and how good Daniel is. I loved Penny and was horrified by what happened to her. While I like Luce with Daniel I am on team Cam. I love Cam and how bad ass he is. Sexy.

Simmaron (MyBookedLife) | 802 comments @Joanne in sequels you'll get to know that Cam isn't really a badass. He's very good just behaves like he doesn't care and is a badass. This series is my favourite and was the first YA I read. It is so sweet and heavenly ;)

Jojobean its ok that he's not a bad assn I just connected more with him than Daniel so hes my favorite

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Adored this

Maria (Mariahkeepscool) | 71 comments I read Fallen a few days ago. This is like the 3rd series I've read with fallen angels. I think Daniel and Luce make such a cute couple. Luce...isn't the smartest character, but I think she's pretty likable. Arianne is the bomb, I love her. At first I hated Gabby cuz I thought she was trying to keep Cam & Luce away, but yeah she was, but that was before I knew Cam was bad. I still think he really likes Luce. I still like Cam though. As much as Daniel explains about being nice to Luce, it's unforgivable, breaking Luce's heart like that. Cam was nice to her from the start, so that earns him extra bonus points. Ms. Sophie's (I think that was her name) attempted murder was a kind of predictable (1st book of Hush Hush series), but still was a plot twister

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

Serena | 25 comments I loved the cover, it was so lovely it lured me in like a siren, unfortunately I'm none too fond of much within the book. It just wasn't for me. I have the second book so I might as well one day give it a shot it was just slow to the point of numbness.

Emily | 13 comments I just finished reading Fallen a few days ago and was impressed with it. I didn't know for sure how much id like it but I love just about all books with angels and loved this one just the same. I can't wait to get Torment and the rest of the series! :D

message 32: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat | 1553 comments Mod
lol, I remember this series.
I think I read Fallen two years ago, but I can still kinda remember it. I think I liked it. I skipped Torment though, because it wasn't at the library and went to read Passion instead. I know that book was a struggle to get through; all the stories were basically the same and really boring. But I managed to get through it and last year I tried reading Rapture, got halfway through but couldn't finish it. That one was really boring and I didn't want it to be because I had wanted to read this series for like forever but it was. I just lost interest with the whole thing.

message 33: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna I am currently reading this one. I love the idea of it so far, (only 18% read). I am hoping to get further into it during the course of the weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing how Luce's relationship with Daniel progresses.

Amanda (Mandyizzym) | 8 comments I just read Fallen and I couldn't really get into it and I didn't really understand why Cam and Daniel were fighting at the end about Luce? So now I am over half way through Torment and I seem to be getting into this book a little more than I did Fallen.. but I am still totally confused about the whole Cam situation? They were fighting because of luce now he is helping to protect her? Does it all come together further on through the series because I purchased them all but I still don't get why they were fighting over her now protecting her haha sorry if I am just being dense.

Emily | 13 comments In Passion, towards the end you get a little bit of a peek at who Cam liked a long time ago in the past and why he changed to the Evil Side. I think Passion explained a lot about some of the characters. I liked that one more than the first two.

Amanda (Mandyizzym) | 8 comments I'm glad you explained this cause I was at a loss I have been so confused. I felt like when I was reading Fallen I was just trying to get through the book and never really enjoyed it but I seem to be getting into Torment a lot more so hopefully I will finish it tonight and move on to the next.

Emily | 13 comments Ya to me this series kind of starts off a bit slow, but it's still really interesting. Especially Passion because there is a lot more going on in the story. I just finished Passion so i just started Rapture and I'm hoping the story continues to draw me in and keep me interested. I hope you enjoy it too. For the most part I think this story is very well written. :D

Amanda (Mandyizzym) | 8 comments I found Torment soooo much better! I'm glad I kept reading on :D. I am just going to start Passion now so I'm pretty excited haha.

message 39: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 81 comments I actually liked this book. I know that many people actually hated it, but for me i thought it was just a normal love story, nothing special, but i still liked it. The only thing that i loved, actually loved in this book was Cam, his character made the book in my opinion more entertaining and interesting, because you just have Daniel and Lucy who, no offense to the fans, are really boring people, and then Cam is thrown in the book all bad-boyish with charm, i don't know i think for many fans his character made the book.