Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey question

Am I the only one?
Lesley Miller Lesley Miller Sep 01, 2012 02:01AM
Am I the only person who doesn't want to read this book? Sometimes life should be better than fiction, shouldn't we be doing and not reading? I prepare to duck as many brickbats come my way :)

I never wanted to read this book, but I literally fell out of the loop with every day to day discussions.
Unfortunatly, it was the only thing people were talking about, so I gave it a go - and wish I never bothered!
This book series SUCKS LEMONS!!!
I found the sex scenes dull and repetitive.
Characters were awful and just plain stupid!
There's NOTHING desirable about Christian Grey.

Even though I didn't like this book, doesn't mean that others won't either.
You say life should be better than fiction, but sometimes, life doesn't work out that way for some.
People can be happy and still want to read something that (either) wouldn't normally happen, or maybe something that they'd never actually do!

Wise choice Lesley. I made it about a third of the way through the book and it's just odd... I completely get the fact that everyone has their own idea of kinky and all, but FSOG was just creepy.

An older man creeping on a college girl that is too naive to ever realize fully that the guy has some SERIOUS issues.

The whole time I was reading it, I was mentally checking off that PSA list about the signs of an abusive relationship... Control freak, offended when she goes and has fun without him, jealous, keeps her from seeing her friends, keeps her under the thumb of him and his money, hauls her around in a helicopter but tells her he'll fly her home at anytime then manipulates her into staying by making her feel guilty... Okay so maybe the last one wasn't on that PSA but I think you get the point.

If people are getting a libido boost from this book, imagine what would happen if they read some smut that was actually good!

I don't think Lesley means reading in general just FSoG. So doing instead of reading would indicate to me that she has a very rich and enjoyable life and a very lucky husband.

If I have interpreted your thoughts correctly Lesley, I whole heartedly agree. I have often thought that if people spent as much time making love as they spent worrying, strutting, and gossiping about it the world would be a much better place.

While I didn't care for the book myself, I will say that it has seemed to created a lot of renewed interest in the bedroom, and in that, I find value in the book.

I got to page 117 in the first book.. I tried to give the book back to the person I borrowed it from. She refuses to take it back and has tried to give me other two, which I refuse to take. I also TOTAL agree Tina J.. except I would be REALLY concerned if this is how someone views life,but then Psychopaths do tend to view life this way... the character Grey is one!!

I agree Erin

angelwingz70 I will Lesley
Sep 14, 2012 02:55PM
Lesley Miller Thank you :)
Sep 16, 2012 11:09PM

You are on a book discussion forum on a book oriented website for people who are passionate about reading and books.....maybe try a different website?