Vampire Lovers! discussion

Morganville Vampires audio books

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 25 comments I am a huge fan of this series. I admit when when I first read Glass Houses I didn't know what I was going to think in the beginning. It didn't take me long and I was hooked. The reader of the audio books Cynthia Holloway does a good job with the voices and emotion of the story.

The newest book Black Dawn recently came out. I couldn't wait to get it and read the latest drama that Clare and the gange had gotten themselves into. I was slightly dismayed because the reader is no longer Cynthia. After reading that sever other customers on Audible had the same ill feeling that I did, I also saw that Tantor Media had posted a comment. They said the only reason for the change was that Cynthia was no longer available for the rest of the series and the new reader would be taking over.

It isn't that the new reader is bad because she isn't. She's actually really good. My only issue is that she doesn't pronounce names and other things in the series as the old reader so it's kind of confusing and distracting. It was also hard to get used to the new rendition of the characters. Some of them didn't sound at all like I picture in my head or how Cynthia got me so used to hearing. Shane was probably the biggest one that drove me crazy with this reader.

So I guess my point for making this thread was that I was wondering if any of you read this book in audio format and if so, what did you think of the change. Also, for the ones who read it in print or EBook, what did you think of the book overall?

message 2: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 7 comments I also didn't know what to think of the series before I read it. I owned Glass Houses for quite awhile before I got around to reading it. And then I was kicking myself for not reading it earlier because I ended up really enjoying it! I am only on book four now but I am very pleased with the series so far. A major plus is that, unlike a lot of other series, each book is just as good as the last. It reads as one long story, as it should be, instead of constant recapping and breaks in the story. Where one book left off, the next picks right back up. I don't think I could ever get bored with this series.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 25 comments Kirstin wrote: "I also didn't know what to think of the series before I read it. I owned Glass Houses for quite awhile before I got around to reading it. And then I was kicking myself for not reading it earlier be..."

I will tell you that as you move along it does do a bit more recapping. It fits in with the story though. The author does a good job of blending it in with the current book. I don't know how long the series will be, but I love it so far. In books one through four I would have to say that Midnight Alley is my favorite. Although, in The Dead Girls Dance I loved the part when Clare gets drugged by the idiot frat guys and Sam comes in to save the day. When that frat guy gets all scared and is like "Wow, did you just call me by my blood type?" I laughed out loud. I also liked when he called the other one Disney Princess.

What is your favorite book or part so far?

message 4: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 7 comments Hmm... that's a tough one. One of the moments that sticks out in my head was one Clare first arrived at the house and thought they were crazy when they started talking about vampires. I am always amused with the Eve/Shane bantering. Well for that matter bantering between all for of them. I think that is why I am so fond of the series. Despite all the multiple danger and death threats they are all at heart just four friends trying to make it through each day.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 25 comments Kirstin wrote: "Hmm... that's a tough one. One of the moments that sticks out in my head was one Clare first arrived at the house and thought they were crazy when they started talking about vampires. I am always a..."

I totally agree with you. The Even and Shane bantering is great:) I love both of their characters so much. The beginning when Clare first comes to the house is comical. It's funny how she thinks they are both nuts, especially when she talks to them about the bracelets.

What do you think of Bishop? Isn't he terrible? Also, do you love Mernin as much as I do?lol

message 6: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 7 comments I have only read up until Bishop first shows up (I have to recheck the book back out of the library since I just moved) but he definitely isn't rainbows and sunshine lol. I can't help but love Merin :) he trys so hard to help but can't control his mind. I hope he ends up okay. I haven't gotten that far yet lol

message 7: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 7 comments Isn't there a book later in the series that is Eve's point of view? If so that'll be a nice perspective :)

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 25 comments Throughout the series it starts to bounce around to different perspectives of Most of the main characters. She even does it for one or two of the vampires too.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 25 comments Mernin is hillarious. I love his goofy wacky personality that can turn on a dime. He is one of the most interesting vampire characters I have ever read.