Reading with Style discussion

Reading with Style (Fall 2012) > 10.9 - Anika's Task - To Be Continued...

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz M (last edited Aug 31, 2012 09:44PM) (new)

Liz M 10.9 - Anika's Task - To Be Continued...
Read a book that continues a series of which you've already read the initial installment.
This task can be completed three times. This task cannot be claimed as combo points or for multiple points.

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine | 473 comments Does a trilogy count as a series?

I'm thinking of reading Mahfouz Palace of Desire. I've already read Palace Walk

Thanks

message 3: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 4704 comments According to the FAQs, 3 books makes a series. Sounds like you are good to go.

message 4: by Connie (new)

Connie | 214 comments Can you have read more than the first installment of the series? e.g. read book 4 in a series, or book 10?

message 5: by El (new)

El | 300 comments am I allowed to read the initial instalment this season?

message 6: by Anika (new)

Anika | 983 comments Argh. I should have been more careful in the wording of that task...both books I'd hoped to read for this category are only book 2 of 2 (who knows if more are slated for the series, only 2 are currently published) . Curses.

message 7: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Connie, yes, you can have read more than one book in the series previously.

Bea, the initial book in the series cannot be claimed for this task.

Anika, if you find after some poking around that there are plans/rumors of a third book, it can work here.

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1107 comments Liz M wrote: "Bea, the initial book in the series cannot be claimed for this task."

Liz, that was Eleanor's question not mine.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 8477 comments Eleanor wrote: "am I allowed to read the initial instalment this season?"

If the initial installment fits another task, then yes, but as Liz says, it won't work for this task.

message 10: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele (Klibrary) | 3568 comments What kind of "proof" will we need to include if we know that it is a planned trilogy or longer series?

And, hooray! I have quite a few next books in a series on my TBR.

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula | 163 comments Just to confirm Elizabeth's comment in msg 9; if we read the first installment for a different task, then the second book in the series would count for this task, yes?

message 12: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Paula wrote: "Just to confirm Elizabeth's comment in msg 9; if we read the first installment for a different task, then the second book in the series would count for this task, yes?"

Yes.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 2007 comments I am reading Insurgent which is the second book in the Divergent series. There is going to be a third book coming out but it doesn't have a title. Would it still count for this task?

message 14: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I am reading Insurgent which is the second book in the Divergent series. There is going to be a third book coming out but it doesn't have a title. Would it still count for this task?"

Yes.

message 15: by Ismaa (new)

Ismaa Khan | 173 comments Question: This task cannot be claimed as combo points, but we can claim combo points for "this" book if it fits other tasks?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 8477 comments Ismaa wrote: "Question: This task cannot be claimed as combo points, but we can claim combo points for "this" book if it fits other tasks?"

Yes! When you claim a book for 10.9, you can claim any combos for which it applies. You cannot claim 10.9 as a combo when you claim a book for another task.

message 17: by Ismaa (new)

Ismaa Khan | 173 comments Ismaa wrote: "Question: This task cannot be claimed as combo points, but we can claim combo points for "this" book if it fits other tasks?"

Thanks Elizabeth, that's what I thought, just wanted to reconfirm.