Story Competition for All You Goodreads Writers discussion

Current Competitions > Nanowrimo competition!!

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin If you participated in the NaNoWriMo event that took place last November ( http://www.nanowrimo.org/ ) and if you've posted it on Goodreads, put the link here, and we'll vote!

Here's my NaNoWriMo story, Hunted:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) heh, heh. I have excerpts... You can read the excerpts. You won't be able to see the whole story. I'm not sharing until I've finished and edited it a bit. There's this one scene... I SWEAR IT WAS CONSTANCE WRITING! NOT ME! It's not really terribly written or cheesy... it just ALMOST gets VERY dirty. But don't worry! I don't have that posted! Just a couple of shouting matches and 3500 words of non-death. :D And something that existed outside of the story... and the first 6000 words of the story.

message 3: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Cool!! Anyone else? :D

message 4: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments I LOVE BRIGID'S NANOWRIMO

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) My nano died. Shall I just post all I gots?

☠☼Serena☼☠ | 1 comments oh dear

I WANNA READ BRIGIDS NANO!!!! :P
i didnt participate cuz i had work nd skool nd shyt :(
but iz there gonna be one this year?

message 7: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Serena- Yes, of course. There's nanowrimo every year. :D And you can read Brigid's nano by going to her profile and clicking her writing- it's called 'Injection'.

Ephona- Yes, please post all you've got of your nano story. It doesn't matter how long it is! :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...yeah. You can go ahead and read mine but it sucks and I haven't edited it.http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Okay then ^-^

message 11: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Cool! :D

message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I took most of mine off Goodreads, but this is the excerpt I have left:

message 13: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

message 14: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin yay XD

message 15: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments I loved reading that.... *sniffle*

message 16: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i loved writing it ... XD heehee
i'm not going to love editing it, though O.o

message 17: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin lol I know, Brigid...0.0 i say the same for hunted. XD

really, catherine? thats...strange...lol XD

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ooh i hate diagramming. i do think grammar is okay, though. grammar mistakes bother me -- especially cuz i make a lot of 'em. >.<

message 19: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ me no likey math :P lol

message 20: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Catreads ***Catherine*** wrote: "My one Aunt LOVES editing, although I think most normal people don't. Heehee, I love her to pieces though...."

I like editing stuff! Particularly other people's stuff!

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Veronica. Veronica B! wrote: "Catreads ***Catherine*** wrote: "My one Aunt LOVES editing, although I think most normal people don't. Heehee, I love her to pieces though...."

I like editing stuff! Particularly other people's st..."

oh yeah i love editing other ppl's stuff. it's just my stuff i hate editing cuz it's ... mine. lol

message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Catreads ***Catherine*** wrote: "Veronica. Veronica B wrote:I like editing stuff! Particularly other people's stuff! yes yes, you grammar people!

Brigid wrote: me no likey math :P lol

WHAT????*mouths opens in disbelief* How can..."

yeah, i think it's cool that the numbers can have so many weird patterns and all. i just don't feel so ... inspired by math. it gets old, for me. lol. besides, right now i'm taking geometry and it's reaaaalllllyyyyy dull and pointless. Like, why should I care if two triangles are similar???

message 23: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lol

message 24: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin AHHH!!!! I.HATE.MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so pointless and stupid and boring and CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!! eerrgh. :P

Brigid, it's the same here. I hate editing MY stuff, but it's fun editing other people's stuff. XD

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i just don't get numbers ... idk. ><
like, words just make so much more sense to me. lol.

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ well, good for you. haha

message 27: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ^_^

message 28: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree with Brigid. I guess if I understood numbers, I would like them. But I don't. I don't get them and they make my head pound and my brain hurt and they make me bash my head against my desk in frustration. (Believe me: I HAVE done that during tests before. And have received strange looks from my classmates. Not to mention a stinging forehead and the knowledge that you just lost a handful of braincells. NOT fun. And all that torture came from just numbers. >.<)

message 29: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I beg to differ. :P THEY MAKE NO SENSE AND PATTERNS SUCK!!! Words, on the otherhand...words are wonderful. And they make sense. Plus you can do SO much more with words than with numbers!!! Ahhhh...;D

message 30: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Okay, you know what? Let's just agree to disagree. Because we could argue about this forever. lol

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ hehe

message 32: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin >.<

message 33: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin thats what i said...heehee ><

message 34: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin ok cool. haha :D

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I need to start editing soon... Well, I started, but then forgot about it... and I also need to finish my script!

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lol i still haven't edited my nano novel either ...

message 37: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin same...

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I haven't finished mine yet but it's not dead. If it was dead, my friend would kill me XD

message 39: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin lol :D