Steampunk, New Weird, Bizarro, Scifi, Fantasy Book Group discussion

Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mistborn, #1-3)
This topic is about Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set
Fantasy > The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chakara (last edited Feb 06, 2014 09:34AM) (new)

message 2: by Chakara (new)

Chakara | 2314 comments Mod
Has anyone read any of these books in this series? I picked up book one and cant wait to read it I've heard great things about this authors work. :)

message 3: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (MHollyRosing) | 24 comments They are awesome. He's a terrific writer with an amazing imagination. You will enjoy it. It's sort of steampunk meets fantasy. :)

message 4: by Chakara (new)

Wooohooo

message 5: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Bester (Stephan7878) Madeleine wrote: "They are awesome. He's a terrific writer with an amazing imagination. You will enjoy it. It's sort of steampunk meets fantasy. :)"

Agree, Brandon Sanderson is an excellent writer and I recommend anything by him.

message 6: by Chakara (new)

Lovers of the Mistborn trilogy: More books coming soon in this series.

Athena Shardbearer | 146 comments I'm starting this one in May, the first week. I am finishing up his Stormlight Archives book two/Words of Radiance...it's so freaking good! The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson was 5 stars, and I have about 7 hours left of audio for Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson and I think it will be 5 stars as well! So I'm excited to start Mistborn The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson soon.

message 8: by Chakara (new)

Athena (Shardbearer) wrote: "I'm starting this one in May, the first week. I am finishing up his Stormlight Archives book two/Words of Radiance...it's so freaking good! The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson was 5 stars, and I h..."

we should have a topic posted under fantasy for those if you want to discuss them. I really want to read them as well but I thought it'd be great if I read the ones I own by him first lol.

Athena Shardbearer | 146 comments Yes! There is so much to talk about, I love the series so far.

message 10: by Chakara (last edited Mar 23, 2016 08:47AM) (new)

Athena Shardbearer wrote: "Yes! There is so much to talk about, I love the series so far."

i finally started it and I am half way through Mistborn. I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen and not sure exactly what. I find it hard to like Vin she seems a little too perfect and good at everything. An example (view spoiler) and so on and so on blah blah.
I find the most interesting part so far to be when she is at court parties.

message 11: by Juli (new)

Juli (Juli_D_Revezzo) So, it doesn't start out steampunk, but becomes so? I'd wondered how The Alloy of Law fit into the series.

message 12: by Chakara (new)

Juli wrote: "So, it doesn't start out steampunk, but becomes so? I'd wondered how The Alloy of Law fit into the series."

I haven't got that far yet but from my understanding its the same world but in the future so the newer books starting with Alloy jump ahead in time.

message 13: by Chakara (new)

Finished Mistborn: The Final Empire. I enjoyed it and by the end I liked the characters well enough. I felt like I needed a little break and don't understand how someone can marathon this trilogy there is so much to keep track of and to learn about the world I felt like i was running a race and when I finished I was mentally tired. So I am now reading some lighter fantasy and a contemporary to give my brain a rest.

The Rithmatist
Radiant Shadows
Finding Audrey

message 14: by Mark (new)

Mark Stone (calasade) | 1 comments Through May 11th I'm sponsoring a giveaway for the Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (paperbacks). The winner will be announced May 18th.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE